Author Topic: The Toughness Is Back! Is It Here To Stay?  (Read 1439 times)

The Toughness Is Back! Is It Here To Stay?
« on: January 07, 2013, 10:17:52 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
LOVED the team's toughness tonight. Avery made his presence felt in all phases, and seemed to frustrate JR and Kidd all game. KG got in Melo's head. Sullinger keeps playing at a higher and higher level. Courtney Lee, Terry, Barbosa, Bass and Green were all AGGRESSIVE in attacking the basket which I love to see. Pierce was vintage Pierce. ROndo must have been loving it from his couch. The question is, can we keep this level of toughness and return to the old Celtic pride, or are these last few games just a fluke streak?
DKC Suns

Re: The Toughness Is Back! Is It Here To Stay?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 10:22:28 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
This is the team I thought I was going to see all year.  Bradley was HUGE with his D and that late 3.

Just a great win, really all around great win.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 10:25:03 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Now that they've done it, they can do it again and again.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:26:23 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
On topic: Grit and balls, ladies and gents, grit and balls.  Everybody had their moment tonight, and as a team, we played excellent defense on Melo.

Off topic: Who you you all think has a shorter fuse, Melo or Gerald Wallace.  Both seem to be irritated very easily.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You can thank the young fellas bringing toughness back to Boston. Sullinger and Avery have a little KG in them. Two pit-bulls that want to rip your head off.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:35:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
tonight was just great defense by everyone on the celtics. even lee and terry were terrors. everyone played right up in the faces of all the knicks.

i loved it and hope they play that tough each and every game.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:37:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Gotta think the answer will be seen over the next couple weeks as the schedule favors the C's with home games and relatively weak opponents(Phoenix, Houston, Charlotte, New Orleans, Chicago at home, Detroit and Cleveland then on the road before meeting the Knicks again).

Love to see the Celtics go on a run here and go 6-1 or 7-0 in those games leading up to the rematch with NYK in 2 weeks.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:42:11 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Bradley's physical toughness on the perimeter does a great job of setting the tone for the team defensively. It's so nice having a 2nd guy out there who the Doc can depend on to lead by example so that Garnett isn't always the sole leader defensively.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Unfortunately they are due for a let down after this huge win. 

I don't want to say Bradley destroyed Pablo Prigioni but Pablo was a -19 tonight.  Brutal.

Sully led the Celts in +/- and surprisingly Green was second for the C's.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Unfortunately they are due for a let down after this huge win. 

I don't want to say Bradley destroyed Pablo Prigioni but Pablo was a -19 tonight.  Brutal.

Sully led the Celts in +/- and surprisingly Green was second for the C's.

yeah. bradley did a number on him. i loved to watch it. it reminded me of what bradley did to nelson before. neither player could handle bradley's defense and it disrupted the entire offense.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva