Author Topic: Rondo Suspended 1 Game  (Read 11398 times)

Re: Rondo Suspended 1 Game
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 05:00:16 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Thanks Danny Ferry  ::)

Hawks GM Danny Ferry is being fined $15,000 for being a snitch.

Rajon Rondo bumped referee Rodney Mott on Sunday night and he will pay the price for that by sitting out Monday night.

But after the game when it happened Ferry approached the referees and gave them the video of the play. The tattletale. But the league has a hard and fast rule about players or team officials approaching a referee after the game, for any reason, so he Ferry was given a $15,000 fine by the league.

The whole thing kind of makes me laugh, mostly because I don’t have to write the check.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:59 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
So I was right in chat! Sad that I'm right but everyone said he wouldn't be...  :'(
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2013, 05:03:23 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Sounds like the Hawks GM sent video of the bump to league officials.  They fined him 15k for doing so. 

You have to think this gets overlooked if Ferry doesn't do that.  That's a prick move on his part.

Well, if Rondo had "cooperated" with the league, whatever that means, would this have been an issue?  That's an important question, too.
They're clearly trying to embarass him for something beyond the incident during the game.

Whether or not they'd have let him off with just a fine, is something we wont' know unless they leak/comment on it.

I have to agree because what was there to investigate?

There is video and it's their call what happens.

Not cooperate = He didnt answer the phone or use the probervial No Comments!

I doubt he just didn't answer the phone, because the PA would be pitching a hissy fit if he was losing salary for missing a phone call.  Plus, they could always reach him through the team.

With Rondo's history, I think it is most likely that he mouthed off a bit to the league officials when they came asking about it. 

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I noticed during the game, because the Hawks' commentators showed the replay like 3 times and moaned about the lack of a T.

Well, guess this is worse.

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2013, 05:06:57 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Thanks Danny Ferry  ::)

Hawks GM Danny Ferry is being fined $15,000 for being a snitch.

Rajon Rondo bumped referee Rodney Mott on Sunday night and he will pay the price for that by sitting out Monday night.

But after the game when it happened Ferry approached the referees and gave them the video of the play. The tattletale. But the league has a hard and fast rule about players or team officials approaching a referee after the game, for any reason, so he Ferry was given a $15,000 fine by the league.

The whole thing kind of makes me laugh, mostly because I don’t have to write the check.

I don't blame Ferry, I'd want ainge to do that. Rondo messed up.......again.

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
This is supposed be our leader of the future?  No wonder no other team wants to trade for him.

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2013, 05:15:48 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
could have been worse. He could have been thrown out of the ATL game which more than likely ends up a loss and then suspended for tonight on top of it. Cs will just have to dig deep and gut out a W tonight. I have a feeling Barbosa can give us good minutes.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2013, 05:17:01 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
I noticed during the game, because the Hawks' commentators showed the replay like 3 times and moaned about the lack of a T.

Well, guess this is worse.

Yeah I noticed it during the game and thought the ref was letting it go. Then they went to the monitors but were checking something else. Non-event at the time.  . Rondo must have told the league where to go when they went called after reviewing.  Bizarro. 
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2013, 05:21:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 324
I won't say the Cs can't win this game, and I'll still be cheering them on, but I'm figuring on the little win streak ending tonight. So much for momentum.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2013, 05:23:56 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I won't say the Cs can't win this game, and I'll still be cheering them on, but I'm figuring on the little win streak ending tonight. So much for momentum.

The C's played very well last year in the short stretch where Bradley started for Rondo, largely due to great defense, and Pierce putting the team on his shoulders.

Pierce happens to LOVE playing in MSG, and the teams defense got some swagger over the last few games, and they can now throw Bradley and Lee at the Knicks depleted backcourt.

I would not be surprised to see the C's come out on top tonight.

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:00 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Well, the momentum is based on defense, which (sadly) Rondo has little to nothing to do with. It's still a good sign for the C's if they can hold down the Knicks to <90 points in a loss, playing good D for four quarters.

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2013, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
if wade or lebron had done that, nothing would been said. Rondo has to watch what he does now..NBA is watching him closely like they did with Rodman and Rasheed
This on both parts. He's starting to get a rep like Sheed and he needs to control it fast because he can mess himself up badly especially with the refs.
Also like you stated LeBron nor Wade would have gotten anything called on them for this. Heck LeBron was arguing with a ref (there is video of it) during the Heat/Chicago game and nothing was called yet Durant was ejected after getting two techs for arguing with a ref during the Nets/Thunder game.

Also I wonder what is it with the Hawks higher ups and them not liking the Celtics? Their owner called out KG and the team last year and the GM told on Rondo.

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Well, the momentum is based on defense, which (sadly) Rondo has little to nothing to do with. It's still a good sign for the C's if they can hold down the Knicks to <90 points in a loss, playing good D for four quarters.
Rondo has an awful lot to do with our defense, especially given that Terry/Barbosa are going to end up playing more minutes now.

Just going to make things tougher.

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2013, 05:31:18 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Rondo has an awful lot to do with our defense, especially given that Terry/Barbosa are going to end up playing more minutes now.
Sure he does, but how much of it is good?

Terry was putting the opposing PG in a phone booth on Saturday. Doc has given props to Barbosa's D. Maybe we see a little less turnstile tonight, with Rondo out.

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:11 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sure he does, but how much of it is good?

Terry was putting the opposing PG in a phone booth on Saturday. Doc has given props to Barbosa's D. Maybe we see a little less turnstile tonight, with Rondo out.
Barbosa played good defense for a game or two and then was back to his normal self. The Atlanta game was probably Terry's first good defensive game.

Rondo isn't nearly as consistent as KG/Bradley defensively, but he's a good defensive player. But people seem to think he should never get picked off or beat off the dribble.