Author Topic: (1) Alabama v. (2) Notre Dame: National Championship Game Thread  (Read 6410 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
While I think Alabama will roll, this one has the potential to be a great game. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: (1) Alabama v. (2) Notre Dame: National Championship Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:26 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
$EC ('Bama) v. my mortal enemy/rival (Notre Dame).  Sorta wish the Mayans had been right. 

'Bama should win this game handily.  However,  my mind keeps going back to that Ohio State-Miami game in '03 and wondering if the same scenario unfolds.  Wouldn't be shocked if it was close.

Rooting for the Tide because I just can't bring myself to root for ND under any circumstances.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The romp begins.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Alabama's O-line is owning ND right now.

Absolutely blowing them up.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:56:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Is that Herbstreet? It's Musberger I think. I don't dislike Herbstreet, but having him as the top guy for the next decade? Why can't they just bring back Keith Jackson for just the championship game? Just two games a year. The championship game and any game of his choice.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:50 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
notre dame is so overrated. what a joke. Alabama is going to destroy them.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Wow disaster for ND

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
PUNT!

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/09/toucher-rich-why-are-musburgers-comments-about-players-girlfriend-a-big-deal/

I wonder why Herbstreet wasn't railroaded while Brent was. He laughed at the whole thing.  That was ridiculous.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/01/09/toucher-rich-why-are-musburgers-comments-about-players-girlfriend-a-big-deal/

I wonder why Herbstreet wasn't railroaded while Brent was. He laughed at the whole thing.  That was ridiculous.

That whole thing is so overblown and much to do about something.  Musburger shouldn't have had to apologize in the first place. I don't think anything he said crossed the line.

Heck, Katherine Webb even came out and said she had no issue with what Brent said.

ESPN apologizes for that but not for a bunch of the First Take stuff?

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

That whole thing is so overblown and much to do about something.  Musburger shouldn't have had to apologize in the first place. I don't think anything he said crossed the line.

Heck, Katherine Webb even came out and said she had no issue with what Brent said.

Yeah, if ESPN / sports broadcasts have an issue with "QBs get the good looking girls", maybe it's time to quit showing cheerleaders / dance teams / cute fans, and perhaps hiring sideline reporters for their qualifications rather than their looks.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

The funny thing to me is I think First Take and maybe 30 for 30 sometimes is pretty much the only stuff on espn worth watching these days. Maybe sports reporters and PTI.  But those shows get worse and worse the more they pull on the reigns of their talent. I don't watch those shows to get the approved views du jour. It's ok to have a point of view that highly offends people. Toleration isn't toleration of what we like. If they think they're going to lose sponsors/money because someone is on the show then make a business decision. Like firing Rush was probably a good business decision. But punishing someone just to cave and make people happy is absurd.
It's also pathetic that some academian language police basically takes Katherine Webb and uses her to further her own career/agenda. I guarantee you if Hugh Heff was in the stands last night with some bunnies the camera would have been on him and academia wouldn't have made a peep. Because he's in league with their agenda and always has been. Mick Jagger? Free pass. Clinton? Free pass. Brent? Not so much.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Yeah, if ESPN / sports broadcasts have an issue with "QBs get the good looking girls", maybe it's time to quit showing cheerleaders / dance teams / cute fans, and perhaps hiring sideline reporters for their qualifications rather than their looks.
When Joe Namath got drunk and hit on Suzy Cobler that was instant legend and good TV. I guarantee at some point he gets asked back. Maybe not by espn though