Author Topic: Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol Out Indefinitely  (Read 14316 times)

Re: Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol Out Indefinitely
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 04:13:47 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
They seriously could be entering the position to tank this season depending on how bad Howard's shoulder is.

If they were to win the lottery I'd puke.

If the Lakers win the lottery, Phoenix would pick first (via the Steve Nash trade).

I have nothing against Phoenix and the Lakers have little incentive to tank for the benefit of the Suns.

2013 first round draft pick from L.A. Lakers
The L.A. Lakers will send the least favorable of their own 1st round pick (top-14 protected), Cleveland's own 2013 1st round pick, Sacramento's own 1st round pick (top-13 protected) and Miami's 2013 1st round pick to Phoenix. If the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick is within the top-14 selections, Phoenix will automatically receive the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick. [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

via RealGM

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
They seriously could be entering the position to tank this season depending on how bad Howard's shoulder is.

If the Lakers win the lottery, Phoenix would pick first (via the Steve Nash trade).

I have nothing against Phoenix.

I totally forgot that LA traded all those picks.

Man, if Dwight bounces, the Lakers are screwed for the next couple seasons, barring a trade.

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

I have nothing against Phoenix and the Lakers have little incentive to tank for the benefit of the Suns.

The L.A. Lakers will send the least favorable of their own 1st round pick (top-14 protected), Cleveland's own 2013 1st round pick, Sacramento's own 1st round pick (top-13 protected) and Miami's 2013 1st round pick to Phoenix. If the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick is within the top-14 selections, Phoenix will automatically receive the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick. [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

via RealGM

So LA's pick isn't protected? Wow. Irony.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 04:17:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Man, what a train wreck for the Lakers. 

Seems like they could really be in danger of losing Dwight in free agency if this keeps up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 04:18:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Meanwhile, was that Mike D'Antoni leading the "We Want Phil!" chants last night? Bet he's seriously regretting assuming command of the SS Dwightanic.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

via RealGM

That is a dense web of conditionals but it looks like it is lottery-protected from just about everyone but Phoenix.  But I was wondering about that, thanks celtsfan84

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 04:27:17 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

via RealGM

That is a dense web of conditionals but it looks like it is lottery-protected from just about everyone but Phoenix.  But I was wondering about that, thanks celtsfan84
Wow I figured they'd lottery protect them to at least some level.

Its nice to know I can root for them to lose as many as I like thanks!

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 04:31:18 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

via RealGM

Wow I figured they'd lottery protect them to at least some level.

Its nice to know I can root for them to lose as many as I like thanks!

Yeah, it's pretty stunning.  Phoenix might end up winning the Steve Nash trade by a pretty wide margin.  The link is below for all future draft picks.  I haven't found a second source but RealGM is typically pretty good.

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 04:31:48 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
In february i'm going to travel from the Netherlands to Boston to see them play against the Lakers and 2 other teams. The constant Laker injuries increase my changes of seeing the Celtics win against the Lakers. A win will be a dream come true. Or im i just cruel?
Dutch Celtics Pride

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Didn't even factor in the pick implications....on 2nd thought I would love for them to miss the playoffs and win the lottery so they can have that ripped from them as well.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
If the Lakeshow misses the playoffs their pick goes to the Suns. Oh the humanity!!

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Wow...I'd hate to see them go out like this, but considering how BOS has been cheated of Rings, Banners, etc - due to injuries......

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:03 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
Wow...I'd hate to see them go out like this, but considering how BOS has been cheated of Rings, Banners, etc - due to injuries......

Yeah, no joke. KG's knee and Shaq's Achilles cost them (I figure) 2, maybe 3 rings.

Not to mention all the top-name bigs the Lakers get.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Yeah, no joke. KG's knee and Shaq's Achilles cost them (I figure) 2, maybe 3 rings.

Not to mention all the top-name bigs the Lakers get.

Exactly.

I still cry when I think about 08-09. That team had a 19 game winning streak....looked unstoppable, even with a thin bench.

TA was playing well..

We probably could've repeated THEN with a bench of Mikki Moore and Stephon Marbury :o

Lakers are in dire straits. Even with Dr. Buss' deep pockets, I don't see how he can pull a rabbit out of the hat with THIS situation.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 05:48:40 PM by GreenFaith1819 »