Author Topic: Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol Out Indefinitely  (Read 14336 times)

Re: Dwight Howard & Pau Gasol Out Indefinitely
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I still don't see Howard turning down the extra money LA can offer him.

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:29 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I'd be surprised if Gasol isn't super cautious with this concussion.  He has a strong medical background and isn't going to mess with possible long term impact to his brain.  And he shouldn't, even if the Lakers have to play Nash at center.

Torn labrum for Howard sounds serious. I wonder if D Ho might just decide that the lights in LA are too bright for him and just go play for Mark Cuban.  This summer, the Lakers can save his salary slot and weaken the Clippers by aggreeing to a S and T with Dallas where they take Marion's expiring $9m deal and sign FA OJ Mayo. 

Then Dallas will have the caproom to sign Chris Paul. The Lakers can move Marion's expiring deal in season in another Pau deal from a team with a disgruntled big and cap issues.   

So Dallas ends up with CP3, Nowitski and DH12
DO you want to send Pierce and Wade there TOT?
 ;D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Thursday, February 7th...hehehe I can't wait to see the Celtics destroy the Lakers

Lakers are 1st round fodder at best, lottery team at worst

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 07:29:55 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
me and my bag of cheetos are ready for this game!!!  ;D

NBATv here I go...

Nice to be back!

« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 08:15:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
The LA blogs ...are destroying Pau Gasol .   You'd thunk he was no better than Collins reading the thrashing he is recieving on the threads on a daily basis.  I think they would burn the guy at the stake if it was 400years ago,.

I mean is Gasol is all that bad  ??? he has a concusion and doesn't fit wellinto the the coach scheme...heck I'll trade Collins for him anyday...

LA fans have it TOO EASY....they get all the best players and if one is struggling a little , no fault of his own , they want him OUT> ???

All the bickering , discontentment, and soforth on the Lakers team ..really makes me wonder if Gasol wouldn't just LOVE to leave all that disconted bunch of spoiled divas and play for another team.

Most teams would love to have the players the Lakers THROW AWAYs   ::)

Way they treat Gasol, I beat he would love a little payback for the LA fans. if he was on another team.

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 09:19:12 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Howard/Hill out a week, and who knows with Gasol's concussion those can be two or three days or linger for a long time. Didn't Doug Collins have issues for over a month?
Given that a concussion practically ended Marc Savard's career, it all depends on the severity.

Practically? I think that hit goes down as one of the worst in the history of sports - especially if you consider that Savard was AMAZING before that happened. Think of how good the 2011 team would have been if Savard had been at full strength: Bergeron, Chara, Krejki, Horton (even), Lucic, Seguin.

Every time I think of that poor kid I think of what a shame it is what happened to him. Too bad for Boston, too bad for the fans, too bad for the NHL.

« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
I wish that Gasol and Howard were in good health. I wish them a speedy recovery.

There is no player that I love hating more than Kobe Bryant ("Shananana, hey hey hey, goood bye!"). What I love about him is that he is every inch the entitled a**hole star: he's rude to his team-mates, that thing in Colorado, allegations of cheating on his wife, seemingly mean spirited; grew up rich, entitled, snotty. ...but he is so [dang] good. And there is no team I love hating more than the Lakers. Everything breaks their way. They have so much money. All these plastic celebrities attend their games. They've missed the playoffs like, twice, in the last thirty years (but check my math). It's a joy to hate such a great team.

The Heat are pretenders at the throne. Salary cap considerations, or a key injury will ruin them in due course. Miami will never be a dynasty like Boston, or the Lakers. They're just not in our category. That's not meant to be derisive - just a statement of fact.

I don't want to see that guy lose at half strength. And I don't want that team to lose without all of its crappy entitlements. I want them to have every advantage - and then I want to beat them.

There's gloating, and then there's GLOATING. And I want to be able to GLOAT. I'll never feel as satisfied beating the "Oklahoma City Thunder," or the "Los Angeles Clippers," as I would beating the LAKERS. The Fakers.

How amazing was that chant in '08? Tell me you could have felt that good about beating any other team.

Speedy recovery Pau! Speedy recovery Dwight!

We need you to be healthy so we can kick your ass.

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The LA blogs ...are destroying Pau Gasol .   You'd thunk he was no better than Collins reading the thrashing he is recieving on the threads on a daily basis.  I think they would burn the guy at the stake if it was 400years ago,.

I mean is Gasol is all that bad  ??? he has a concusion and doesn't fit wellinto the the coach scheme...heck I'll trade Collins for him anyday...

Last time I went to Silver Screen + Roll (a couple years back), they had to have "Gasoft" filtered because it was being used so often. 

Pau is probably a pretty frustrating guy to root for.  All the talent in the world but he can be a little soft and complacent and rarely seems to get to that next level he's capable of.  Kinda like a much better Jeff Green, except Pau's also a bit of a whiner.

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
now apparantly Steve Nash is in the locker-room because of his back..

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Seeing bad things happen to LA is almost as satisfying as good things to Boston  ;D

« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2013, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
And the Lakers lose again, this time in Houston, where McHale has the Rockets at an impressive 21-14 record. 

Tonight, Kobe scored 20 points on 22 shots.  The rest of the team had 92 points on 69 shots.  Harden scored 31 points on only 19 shots, and his outplaying Kobe provided the cushion in their victory. 

Bryant did have 7 assists, but as long as Kobe is jacking up 20+ shots a game and barely scoring a point per shot, this team is going to lose. 

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2013, 12:22:36 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
lakers now have officially the worst deffense in the league

they score at least...

Nice to be back!

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2013, 12:25:26 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
And the Lakers lose again, this time in Houston, where McHale has the Rockets at an impressive 21-14 record. 

Tonight, Kobe scored 20 points on 22 shots.  The rest of the team had 92 points on 69 shots.  Harden scored 31 points on only 19 shots, and his outplaying Kobe provided the cushion in their victory. 

Bryant did have 7 assists, but as long as Kobe is jacking up 20+ shots a game and barely scoring a point per shot, this team is going to lose.

Watching the game, it seemed like Kobe only forced a handful of those shots. High paced, high scoring game with very little being whistled*.

*Unless your name was James Harden. That dude is without equal right now when it comes to creating contact as he drives.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

Watching the game, it seemed like Kobe only forced a handful of those shots. High paced, high scoring game with very little being whistled*.

*Unless your name was James Harden. That dude is without equal right now when it comes to creating contact as he drives.

Wonder IF Kobe "EVER" sat for rest,  I just don't see how they can play a 35 yr old guy , 40 + minutes a night..

IF ...KOBE was unable to play ....I'll say the Lakers would be lucky to win ANY games he is out...even with Howard and Gasol back.   Its like if he doesn't score 40 points they aren't even in the game.

« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:03 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Crazy thing about the rockets: their second best offensive player is a second round pick, their best player was a bench player last year, their best defender is a second round pick who was a backup last year, and of their 3 first round picks in the past draft, 2 have never (or likely will ever) play a single game for the Rockets, and the third is their 12th man accumulating CD-DNP'S

I'm rooting for the Rockets nearly as hard as Im rooting for the Cs this season (as long as they're not playing each other). They're my favorite underdog.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner