Author Topic: Scott Skiles and Bucks part ways.  (Read 3749 times)

Re: Scott Skiles and Bucks part ways.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The really crazy part is that offensively the Bucks have done a better job than most at breaking down some of the Thibs-esque defenses in the league this year. They look patchwork, sure, but they've got all the makes of a fun 7th or 8th seed.

Also, every time I look at Skiles I have to pinch myself and remember he's the NBA's most assists in one game record holder. Dude looks so, uh, not equipped to be that guy!
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 12:06:56 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
From what I have heard, this was Skiles' decision, not Milwaukee's. Skiles told Bucks' brass last month that he would not seeking an extension on his expiring contract. I guess he decided he'd rather not be a lame duck, and just quit now.

Seems like something he'd do. Has always struck me as a bit of a little tyrant. Might be a good Xs-and-Os coach, but everything I have heard about him says his interpersonal skills are lacking.

If anything, I expect the Bucks to play freer and easier, and still contend for a low playoff berth. The chains are off. Fear the Deer?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:46:41 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Skiles always had the Bucks playing hard for him, and he didn't have a ton to work with there.  The front office has been a mess and Skiles wasn't going to sign on for more of it.

If Skiles is going to take another job some day, he's got to do a better job at looking at the roster and GM before signing on.  Maybe he can consult Phil Jackson on how to cherry pick a team to coach.