Author Topic: Am I the only one who really wants no part of Demarcus "ME ME ME" Cousins?  (Read 4692 times)

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
The kid is talented, sure.  But so was Jamarcus Russell. Granted Cousins has shown a lot more than Jamarcus ever did, but it's the same loser mentality of me first that we've seen so many times.  For a team that has been all about sacrificing for the team and ubuntu since KG got here, WHY ARE WE SO DESPERATELY TRYING TO DESTROY THAT?

That sense of team first and sacrificing for the greater good is what has given us the edge for the past 5 years.  It's the biggest reason we were competitive against Kobe's stacked teams and LBJ/Wade.  We played a team concept with great team defense with unselfish players who were committed to winning before getting their touches.

Cousins has to be one of the least likable players in the NBA behind Wade and Carmelo.  That isn't some random hate everyone in the world just randomly decided to dislike him for no reason.  He's selfish, a lockerroom cancer, and a career loser.

Maybe in 5 years this would change but he hasn't really shown any reason why we should beleive that.  This past week of good behavior proves absolutely nothing.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
For a team that has been all about sacrificing for the team and ubuntu since KG got here, WHY ARE WE SO DESPERATELY TRYING TO DESTROY THAT?

Well, the problem is, I think we have seen about 6 quarters of Ubuntu so far this season.  So, it feels a bit like it has already been destroyed, and what they are looking for now, is the best way to move on.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Get the young talent in now and let him learn the importance of being unselfish by well respect guys that have already done it. 

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Get the young talent in now and let him learn the importance of being unselfish by well respect guys that have already done it.

Precisely. I have faith that putting DMC on a winning team with a positive culture would solve a lot of the chemistry issues affecting him at the moment.

Being stuck on a perpetually rudderless team like the kings (or the wizards) has got to be a rough stint--witness JaVale and Nick Young saying they'd been let out on good behavior when they got out of washington.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Precisely. I have faith that putting DMC on a winning team with a positive culture would solve a lot of the chemistry issues affecting him at the moment.

Being stuck on a perpetually rudderless team like the kings (or the wizards) has got to be a rough stint--witness JaVale and Nick Young saying they'd been let out on good behavior when they got out of washington.

Bad examples

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I don't know if you're the only one, but I think you're one of the few.

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
While I do agree that there is something to be said about KG/Doc's effect on him, the report on Cousins is that the issues aren't just professional.  The report is that he has serious internal personal issues that he needs serious counseling for.  KG can not play therapist.  He can play teacher and even enforcer but not therapist.

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I may not like the way Cousin's has acted as a pro but that isnt stopping me from crossing my figures that danny can pull of a miracle. Getting Cousin's is a celts uniform while keeping AB would be huge.

If he keeps him head straight the Cs stay playoff relevant for 10 more years. We would have a top 5 PG a top 5 center and a 1st team all defense guard to form a new team around.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline Master Po

• Author and
  • CelticsBlog Relic
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 242
  • The Man behind the Curtain
I hope he wears No Celtic green..other fish in the sea

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't like guys who come into the league with a bad attitude. 

At the same time, Rondo was described as arrogant, uncoachable, as somebody his teammates "hated", etc.  There are a ton of great players -- many of whom are in the Hall of Fame -- that had attitude issues.  The one good thing I keep reading about Cousins is that a lot of his frustrating actions come from a desire to win.

I'd roll the dice with him.  He's a heck of a lot better than Jason Collins.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Re: Am I the only one who really wants no part of Demarcus "ME ME ME" Cousins?
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 03:34:02 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
I may not like the way Cousin's has acted as a pro but that isnt stopping me from crossing my figures that danny can pull of a miracle. Getting Cousin's is a celts uniform while keeping AB would be huge.

If he keeps him head straight the Cs stay playoff relevant for 10 more years. We would have a top 5 PG a top 5 center and a 1st team all defense guard to form a new team around.

There is no way we get him without giving up Bradley.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 03:38:05 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

There is no way we get him without giving up Bradley.

Well, other than including Rondo, that is.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

Offline Spicoli

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I personally feel as though Ubuntu was destroyed when Perkins got traded. It hasn't felt the same since. Even though i don't like Perkins as a player, the team had good chemistry with him. As far as this thread i agree with you. I'm not a fan of Cousins at all. I think he's a selfish player, and i don't like the fact that he shoots a low field goal percentage. I want Varajao more than anybody else out there.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 03:42:08 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Here's a report on Rondo's relationship with Cousins and other reasons that the C's supposedly think they can well handle him:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I don't want him either, but we really need a big.  If we have a chance to get him, I think Danny needs to pull the trigger.