Author Topic: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?  (Read 16711 times)

Re: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project.

Can't agree with this if and when the output is Bass and Terry.

~ The way the Cs are using Terry is totally replaceable;

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I'd do that trade faster than Usain Bolt in a 10-yard dash.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

The Celtics already have a C that is a project.

McGee = Fab Melo?

Hard to imagine Denver trading him for Bass and Terry, so I think the point is moot.

No.  Melo hasn't plateaued as a physically talented not know how to play and doesn't look to learn guy. 

He is an overpayed big man that blocks shots, grabs some rebounds, but his team is worse on defense when he is out there.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 01:53:54 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project.

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

McGee is much, much further along than Melo.  He is an effective player, if super raw.  They aren't in the same class.

Of course he is further along, but he is still the same player he was two/three seasons ago. 

I rather keep Terry and Bass and wait for a better big man. 

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Okay Denver might don't want Terry
maybe we should trade Lee instead.
Maybe Danny don't wont to touch him with a ten-foot pole.
Denver might don't want to part ways with him.
 :)

But would it solved both teams problems? or create more?  :P

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Love it but why Denver does that is beyond me.

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 03:29:42 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
I just love trade ideas from this blog. Almost everytime our garbage players for better players (cousins for example). I don't think other gm's are that dumb to take our thrash. We won't get players unless rondo bradley are part of the package.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 04:19:45 PM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I just love trade ideas from this blog. Almost everytime our garbage players for better players (cousins for example). I don't think other gm's are that dumb to take our thrash. We won't get players unless rondo bradley are part of the package.

I was trying to make a trade where both teams wins. What do you think is a fair trade?  :)
(I think McGee would thanks you for the compareson with Cousins ;D)

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Get Jordan Hamilton if possible.  He's a wing on a Denver team that's got too many, and he is young, sound offensively, and athletic.  He'd be a nice backup down the road.  It would probably be tough to get him, though.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »

Offline ghost_of_davidthirdkill

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3

I was trying to make a trade where both teams wins. What do you think is a fair trade?  :)
(I think McGee would thanks you for the compareson with Cousins ;D)
I know that I'm in the minority here, but I've always thought McGee would be a good fit in Boston.  Sure he's a knucklehead, but he's a very talented knucklehead.  Allow KG to mentor him and you could end up with an extremely athletic big man who would also thrive with Rondo in an uptempo style.

I have no problem giving up Bass and Terry here.  I do though agree that Denver would probably want more.  Therefore, I'd be fine giving up a 1st and Melo if need be as well.  Getting McGee could really help right now as well as in the future.

Do it!

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
What is up with Jordan Hamilton's 46% career FT %??  He also only has a 42% FG %.

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 01:43:44 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Don't want Mcgee.

McGee is much, much further along than Melo.  He is an effective player, if super raw.  They aren't in the same class.

Of course he is further along, but he is still the same player he was two/three seasons ago. 

Who else are you adding to get this imaginary great big man?

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 01:50:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I can't for the life of me understand why everyone is willing to give up Terry... it's weird to me.

I can tell you that Terry can win you a finals game or more b/c there is proof (of course not alone but you know what I mean)... I'm not saying that Lee can't (he hasn't had the chance but...), we know for a FACT that Terry can!

You keep saying Terry is a 3 point shooter and he is easily replaced... sure he could be, IF that was all he did! While I hate that Doc has made him the new decoy (Ray's job), we need him to be in one part of Ray's old role, the big shot taker and maker! You want Lee to take last shots or a shot when EVERYONE is missing? You are confident he will rip out an opponents heart when it matters? Again, MAYBE he could, but JET is not a maybe... he has been one of the better clutch players in the league.

With all that said, I would prefer to keep EVERYONE on the team and pick up guys who are released and guys who are waiting on vet min offers (kmart)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Don't want Mcgee.

Anyone outside of Rondo, Pierce and KG. 

McGee is really the cream of the big men in the NBA?

I know the position is not as good as it used to be but, McGee?  The best a team can do?  Really?

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 02:44:22 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Don't want Mcgee.

I know the position is not as good as it used to be but, McGee?  The best a team can do?  Really?

Depends on who you're trading. We're not trading Sully to get McGee, or anyone else in all likelihood. Ditto for Bradley. So what are we giving up for this potential big?

The player the Cs would presumably like to trade most is Bass. But I'd argue Bass has negative trade value right now, considering the years and money left on his deal. So, I'm just not sure what can you can get for him without a more attractive piece being added to the process.

Example: hard to see a deal where the principles are Bass and Gortat, no matter how many picks the Cs throw in.

I don't think the Nuggets would trade McGee for Bass (and pieces). I'd say Mozgov would be the more likely fit, and even that would likely take some convincing due to the money owed Bass, considering TM is on an expiring deal. Taking Randolph would help.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 02:55:43 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Don't want Mcgee.

Ha no the cream of the crop big men may just fetch a tiny bit more than Terry and Bass.

Im still waiting on your imaginary big man and how many players and picks you are willing to give up for him

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 03:00:32 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Don't want Mcgee.

Ha no the cream of the crop big men may just fetch a tiny bit more than Terry and Bass.

Im still waiting on your imaginary big man and how many players and picks you are willing to give up for him

You mean like the big men that were actually rumored to be available?  (Gortat, Cousins)