Author Topic: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?  (Read 16714 times)

Boston/Denver Problem Solved?
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:54:36 AM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Boston Sends: Brandon Bass and Jason Terry
Denver Sends: Javale McGee

Rondo/Barbosa
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully/Wilcox
McGee/Collins

Why for Boston: Terry don't seem to plan out, We need a Center, I think McGee is a solid starter. He might not qualify for "Highest IQ player of the year :P" but Doc is a players coach might help him.
His good for 2 blocks per game, young and Athetic.
and best of all: We don't need to send half the team to get him.   

Lawson/Miller/Terry
Iguodala/Terry/Brewer
Gallinairi/Faried/chandler
Faried/Bass/Randolph
Koufos/Mozcov 

Why for Denver: McGee Doesn't seem to plan out for Denver (not starting, lowered playing time and all) Denver is 3th Worst in the nba in Three-Point FG Percentage, Terry would be instant help there + Vetaran leadership.
It seems to me Denver needs a real pf, and Bass brings Solid Def and is able to spread the floor.

Would we need to add a 2nd rounder or a first? I'm not sure of McGee's value? ???

« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:00:02 PM by SchnellHanse »

Re: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Man I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

I don't know if Denver will though. Although McGee is coming off the bench (which I think he shouldn't be as he has a lot more things to bring than Koufos), they did not give him that contract if they are not really high on him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08:42 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I don't wanna part with Terry, I'd send Courtney instead. Maaan, I like them both, it's hard to decide.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I like Bass for Denver -- he's a fit. But Terry, not so much, and I don't think the Cs can get McGee out of a trade for either / both.

Bass for Mosgov for parts (Randolph & another small contract) makes sense, however...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 12:24:48 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I think Denver is the most logical trade partner with us on paper. Bass would be a good fit for them as already noted, they are very thin at power foward
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 12:39:36 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I don't wanna part with Terry, I'd send Courtney instead. Maaan, I like them both, it's hard to decide.

If Terry is basically only going to shoot 3s, I'd rather have Lee. Much younger, more size, better defender, etc. I'd assume most teams would rather have Lee, but playoff hopefuls might like Terry depending on need. 

Terry's supposed to be able to create off the dribble. The Cs aren't really using him that way.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 12:54:12 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project. 

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 01:04:19 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
McGee = Basketball IQ of a brick.   

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:07:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project.

Can't agree with this if and when the output is Bass and Terry.

~ The way the Cs are using Terry is totally replaceable;

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I'd do that trade faster than Usain Bolt in a 10-yard dash.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:12:02 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Don't want Mcgee.

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

The Celtics already have a C that is a project. 

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 01:18:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'd trade green first before I trade bass.

In order I would trade

1.green
2. Terry
3. Lee
4. Bass

Bass has been playing well as of late. Lee not too bad either

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 01:38:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Very few teams will want to trade for Jason Terry...he is making $5M a year at 35 years old.  Only a legit championship contender in need of veteran scoring off the bench would trade for JET, and of those teams the Cs are potentially one of them. 

Bass does have more upside.  He is on a short, decent money contract, is still in his prime, and has proven here in Boston that he can produce.  He is a legit starting PF in the NBA.  I am sure any large trade Danny constructs will at least discuss Bass.

If I am trying to unload a terrible contract, and I am looking for youngish, proven, veteran complementary pieces to add to my squad to make a run, I am asking Boston for Bass and/or Lee.  The problem is that the Celtics would not take someone off the scrap heap from a playoff contender. 

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I'd trade green first before I trade bass.

In order I would trade

1.green
2. Terry
3. Lee
4. Bass

Bass has been playing well as of late. Lee not too bad either

The thing as I see it Jeff Green trade value is less then zero for now because: 1. Contract,2 have not seen much progress, 3. he has value for Boston because he is suitable as Pierce backup.

But I agree with 2,3 and 4  ;D   

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 01:48:37 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Don't want Mcgee.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

McGee = Fab Melo?

Hard to imagine Denver trading him for Bass and Terry, so I think the point is moot.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Don't want Mcgee.

McGee is much, much further along than Melo.  He is an effective player, if super raw.  They aren't in the same class.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford