Author Topic: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?  (Read 16710 times)

Re: Boston/Denver Problem Solved?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 03:28:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Faried!!! But Denver never will trade him and they be stupid if they do!! I said it before draft, he was top 5 pick but ppl laugh at me!!! Now whos laughing
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:44 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Bass is the only player that is getting minutes that I would move right now. Everyone else is really starting to fit it.  Moving Green, Sullinger, Lee, or Bradley would be a BIG mistake...

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I can't for the life of me understand why everyone is willing to give up Terry... it's weird to me.

I can tell you that Terry can win you a finals game or more b/c there is proof (of course not alone but you know what I mean)... I'm not saying that Lee can't (he hasn't had the chance but...), we know for a FACT that Terry can!

You keep saying Terry is a 3 point shooter and he is easily replaced... sure he could be, IF that was all he did! While I hate that Doc has made him the new decoy (Ray's job), we need him to be in one part of Ray's old role, the big shot taker and maker! You want Lee to take last shots or a shot when EVERYONE is missing? You are confident he will rip out an opponents heart when it matters? Again, MAYBE he could, but JET is not a maybe... he has been one of the better clutch players in the league.

With all that said, I would prefer to keep EVERYONE on the team and pick up guys who are released and guys who are waiting on vet min offers (kmart)!

Agree with you about Terry.  If he's traded we'd better be prepared to win games by more than a bucket or two (could be doable with the right big man addition).  We have other players who might come through in the clutch, but with Terry it'd be a surprise if he didn't.  If he goes he goes, but we'd miss him at the end of games I think.

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project.

Can't agree with this if and when the output is Bass and Terry.

~ The way the Cs are using Terry is totally replaceable;

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I'd do that trade faster than Usain Bolt in a 10-yard dash.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

The Celtics already have a C that is a project.

McGee is much, much further along than Melo.  He is an effective player, if super raw.  They aren't in the same class.

Of course he is further along, but he is still the same player he was two/three seasons ago. 

I rather keep Terry and Bass and wait for a better big man.

Who else are you adding to get this imaginary great big man?

Anyone outside of Rondo, Pierce and KG. 

McGee is really the cream of the big men in the NBA?

I know the position is not as good as it used to be but, McGee?  The best a team can do?  Really?

Ha no the cream of the crop big men may just fetch a tiny bit more than Terry and Bass.

Im still waiting on your imaginary big man and how many players and picks you are willing to give up for him

You mean like the big men that were actually rumored to be available?  (Gortat, Cousins)

Not sure your point.

Terry and Bass could fetch one of those guys or you would give up the farm for one of those guys?

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Don't want Mcgee.

If the team in Denver was not worse on offense and defense when he was on the court, maybe.

A lot of physical talent but doesn't really know how to play.  Will tease fans with some big number games but over all, still a big project.

~ A trade of Bass that nets a true 'big' AND Garnett a lot more time at the 4 (with Sully backing him up) is a win win for the Cs;

~ Garnett would make McGee a much better defender, just like he does guys like Bass and Sully.

I would rather see the Celtics change what they are doing with Terry (put the ball in his hands to create when Rondo is on the bench.  Stop treating him like the new Ray)

Save the pieces for a better big man.  I would rather see a big man with less physical talent but actually understands the game. 

McGee is much, much further along than Melo.  He is an effective player, if super raw.  They aren't in the same class.

Of course he is further along, but he is still the same player he was two/three seasons ago. 

I know the position is not as good as it used to be but, McGee?  The best a team can do?  Really?

Ha no the cream of the crop big men may just fetch a tiny bit more than Terry and Bass.

Im still waiting on your imaginary big man and how many players and picks you are willing to give up for him

You mean like the big men that were actually rumored to be available?  (Gortat, Cousins)

Not sure your point.

Terry and Bass could fetch one of those guys or you would give up the farm for one of those guys?

I am sure if you go look through the threads with the discussion of those players, you can probably find what I thought about them there.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 10:18:17 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Don't want Mcgee.

Not sure your point.

I am sure if you go look through the threads with the discussion of those players, you can probably find what I thought about them there.

Awesome

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 10:19:56 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
Prob should have just signed Blatche for $50 and it wouldn't even be a discussion  ;D

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bass is the only player that is getting minutes that I would move right now. Everyone else is really starting to fit it.  Moving Green, Sullinger, Lee, or Bradley would be a BIG mistake...
what he says
why not dalmbert? he should be reasonable to get
if we are trading "good" parts I'd rather okafor

Boston/Denver Trade Idea
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 01:11:32 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Boston Sends:    Brandon Bass

Jason Terry OR Courtney Lee

Two 1st round picks

Denver Trades:   Javale Mcgee

Anthony Randolph

Considering how Denver has been playing Mcgee less and less with Koufus doing very well, they may be looking to move him. Randolph is getting end of the bench minutes, and I think he and Mcgee both would flourish with a more creative passing PG like Rondo.

Bass is more than serviceable for them, and they definitely could use another 2-guard in their rotation. Both Terry and Lee can run some PG also; so it's pretty much whichever Denver prefers.....Terry's veteran presence and 1 less year, or Lee's youth/speed/defensive ability. The two 1st rounders make it a Godfather offer.

(Assuming they choose Lee)

Our new depth chart looks like this:

Rondo/Terry/Bradley/Barbosa
Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Sullinger
KG/Sullinger/Wilcox/Randolph
McGee/Collins/Wilcox

Looks a lot more balanced. In reality, we only sacrifice depth in our guard rotation and mid 1st round picks to acquire a major upgrade to anything we have as a starting center.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it for both sides? Does Denver hang up the phone? Does including Fab Melo somehow even it out? Does McGee turn it around being in Boston with KG/Doc?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:18:17 AM by sdceltsfan »

Re: Boston/Denver Trade Idea
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 01:40:19 AM »

Offline fanofgreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
I think Denver hangs up the phone, I imagine if they were to try and move McGhee, they would have better offers than Brandon Bass and Lee or Jet from all over the league.

A move I like with Denver that, in my opinion, is more do-able is a Brandon Bass for Mozgov and Randolph swap.

I say more do-able in that it would essentially be two players that George Karl really doesnt have in his regular rotations, so trading them wouldn't disrupt whatever rotation cohesion George Karl has going.

I also like this deal because it gets the C's a legit 7 footer and an athletic frontcourt player with potential, but we don't have to move a member of the Green Guard Brigade!

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 02:07:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Two 1st round picks

Anthony Randolph

Considering how Denver has been playing Mcgee less and less with Koufus doing very well, they may be looking to move him. Randolph is getting end of the bench minutes, and I think he and Mcgee both would flourish with a more creative passing PG like Rondo.

Bass is more than serviceable for them, and they definitely could use another 2-guard in their rotation. Both Terry and Lee can run some PG also; so it's pretty much whichever Denver prefers.....Terry's veteran presence and 1 less year, or Lee's youth/speed/defensive ability. The two 1st rounders make it a Godfather offer.

Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Sullinger
McGee/Collins/Wilcox

Looks a lot more balanced. In reality, we only sacrifice depth in our guard rotation and mid 1st round picks to acquire a major upgrade to anything we have as a starting center.

What do you guys think? Is it worth it for both sides? Does Denver hang up the phone? Does including Fab Melo somehow even it out? Does McGee turn it around being in Boston with KG/Doc?

Are you seeing what our first round pick (NUMBER 21!!!!!!) is doing to teams at the moment?

Why are we trading a clutch baller like terry and handing out first round picks like candy in order to obtain a player that many suspect is clinically retarded and cant defend the pick and roll.

I dont really want to go back to the early year form.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 04:19:01 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

Two 1st round picks

Anthony Randolph

Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Sullinger
McGee/Collins/Wilcox

Are you seeing what our first round pick (NUMBER 21!!!!!!) is doing to teams at the moment?

Why are we trading a clutch baller like terry and handing out first round picks like candy in order to obtain a player that many suspect is clinically retarded and cant defend the pick and roll.

I dont really want to go back to the early year form.

They say that 'tis an exceptional draft year though. My impression is Sully would have been lottery even with the alleged back problems in other years.

But the Jet is not going anywhere. He's gonna win us some valuable games.

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:59 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Two 1st round picks

Anthony Randolph

Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Sullinger
McGee/Collins/Wilcox

Ok so you say denver may consider trading McGee because when he's not playing, they are still winning.

This suggests that they don't need him, and he does little to help their team.

So you want to trade two players and picks for this same guy, now that we are FINALLY bulding chemistry?

No thanks.  Last thing we need is the star cast member from "Shaqtin a Fool" coming in here and messing up the chemistry it's taken us so long to build.

Doc would have a heart attack watching all of those head scratching plays!

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 07:46:22 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Javale McGee's playing time seems to be decreasing because of problems understanding defensive schemes.  That suggests to me that he might not be a good fit in Boston.

I also think that Denver is willing to be patient in waiting for McGee to come around on defense.  And the Nuggets seem to prefer having depth, perhaps because it gives them an advantage when they play home games at high altitude.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 07:50:56 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
JUST FYI -- this trade or variations there of has been posted a number of times in recent weeks in the forums.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)