Author Topic: Celts,Sac, Mil trade idea (based on rumors)  (Read 4962 times)

Celts,Sac, Mil trade idea (based on rumors)
« on: January 07, 2013, 09:37:55 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Lets say the rumors of a Cousins to the Cs for Green,Lee and Sully package are true ( I hope). If this is the case and Sac is looking for a clean slate why not blow it up and do the following.

Celts gets     Cousins, Salmons, and Jimmer

Bucks gets     T Evans and Garcia

Sac   gets     Green, Lee, Sully, Melo and Cs 1st
               B Jennings and Dalembert

the is obviously a good trade for the Cs.

For the Kings they get a fresh start. They could start jennings, Thorton, Green, Sully and Thompson with Hayes, Lee and Isiah Thomas off the bench.

The Bucks are the question mark.If Evans is healthy he may be a better fit next to Ellis. They still have a super dynamic back court but now it has size to it. Garcia would help them as a D and three player off the bench or starting over daniels.     
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Celts,Sac, Mil trade idea (based on rumors)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:51:04 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Dear Tooth Fairy... next time, instead of leaving me a nickel, would you please just make C's fans' wild and unrealistic Demarcus Cousins fantasies go away? 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Why do we need Jimmer?
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:50 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
Dear Tooth Fairy... next time, instead of leaving me a nickel, would you please just make C's fans' wild and unrealistic Demarcus Cousins fantasies go away?

I have said in other posts that i dont think the cousins trades will happen. But the rumors are out there, the kings are a mess and I was a little bored.

Why do we need Jimmer?

He makes the numbers work. He also wouldn't be a bad fit as a terry like scorer off the bench. Terry is 35, Jimmer has 3 years on his deal.

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 10:12:51 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

This isn't wild or unrealistic. I think if you're an active member of Celticsblog you sort of signed up for fanaticism. Complaining about it just makes you sound like a jerk. Maybe the tooth-fairy can bring you some manners. If you don't have anything nice to say shut your trap.

The trade is not a terrible idea really. I think that it might be smarter for Sacramento to just swap Evans for Jennings straight up. The idea that we can get Cousins for Green/Lee/Sully/Melo and a mid-round 1st is a stretch for sure but then again I haven't seen any better offers crop up.

What I have seen is an exploding rumor mill lately so any fan perspectives on that are probably what belong on a fan blog.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I have said in other posts that i dont think the cousins trades will happen. But the rumors are out there, the kings are a mess and I was a little bored.

Why do we need Jimmer?

He makes the numbers work. He also wouldn't be a bad fit as a terry like scorer off the bench. Terry is 35, Jimmer has 3 years on his deal.

SAC trades their 3 best players -- one of whom (Cousins) they've made it clear they don't want to trade -- for lesser players, including the worst contract in the deal.

It's been reported that SAC absolutely positively will not take on salary while they try to sell the team, and you have them taking two role players with expensive 4 year deals. Furthermore, you have them throwing in Fredette 'to make the numbers work' when he's one of their top assets.

I like a (well thought out) trade idea as much as the next guy, but i mean.... come on.   
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 10:19:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Why do we need Jimmer?

You lost me at he has three years left on his deal. No thanks for me.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Tyreke and Monta would be a disaster together. Dysfunction central offensively.

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 10:30:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Why do we need Jimmer?

You lost me at he has three years left on his deal. No thanks for me.

Fredette has been playing about as well this season for Sacramento as Jason Terry has done for Boston and he's doing for half the price.

Only in his second year. Still room for improvement.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker

The same thing was said when Ellis was paired with Jennings. They have been making it work. A jennings for Evans deal keeps their push the pace offensive style in place but also adds size, defense and rebounding to their back court.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:03 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
They only way that'd get better is if they somehow put Stephen Jackson at SF.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 01:11:12 PM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
Why do we need Jimmer?

I would look forward to hearing the crowd cheer every time he comes off the bench.

"PUT IN JIMMAH!!!"

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:52 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
SAC trades their 3 best players -- one of whom (Cousins) they've made it clear they don't want to trade -- for lesser players, including the worst contract in the deal.

It's been reported that SAC absolutely positively will not take on salary while they try to sell the team, and you have them taking two role players with expensive 4 year deals. Furthermore, you have them throwing in Fredette 'to make the numbers work' when he's one of their top assets.

I like a (well thought out) trade idea as much as the next guy, but i mean.... come on.

Hey that is a fair post. I'm not on you for panning the trade I'm on you for slinging mud from the cheap seats. I agree it probably isn't the most realistic trade but what is it Roy always says...Dwight Howard was traded for Vucevic, Afflalo, Harkless and some picks. We have picks! Sully can be Vucevic and Lee can be Afflalo. Let's get us a big guy!

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 05:55:51 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I don't like that trade at all.  Parting with Sullinger would be a huge mistake and I am not ready to give up on Jeff Green yet. 

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline blackbird

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 64
What about just Celtics/Bucks:

Rondo and Green for Dalembert, Ilyasova, and Jennings.

Hmmm, never mind.