Author Topic: Dirk sounds disgruntled at mavs. Has mentioned trade twice.  (Read 2989 times)

Dirk sounds disgruntled at mavs. Has mentioned trade twice.
« on: January 07, 2013, 12:56:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
We knew that coming in, that eight or nine new guys on one-year deals is not really an ideal situation, but what else is there to do?" Nowitzki said. "So either you break the whole thing up and trade me or you get a bunch of one-year deals and try to be a player next summer. That's the decision we made, so now we've got to fight through it.

I know it's a long shot, but perhaps next year the celtics could acquire another veteran power forward through a trade of young pieces and picks?   :P

I think acquiring 30+ year old veterans is the most viable situation for the celtics to contend in the near future, and if the mavs don't land a superstar this offseason, dirk could request a trade.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8819298/dirk-nowitzki-questions-dallas-mavericks-offseason-moves-build-hope
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:06:55 AM by jdz101 »

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Dirk sounds disgruntled at mavs. Has mentioned trade twice.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:39:49 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Sounds like he is resigned to the fact that Mavs can't do much this season but can hope to make some noise next season if they're able to sign a big name using their cap space this summer.

Dirk will retire a Maverick...just like Pierce will retire a Celtic and Kobe will retire a Laker. He isn't going anywhere.

EDIT: Just read the complete article. He does sound disappointed but I still don't think he leaves that team.

"The only reason I would leave -- or would have left -- is if we wouldn't have won the championship and I would have been like a Karl Malone and (Gary) Payton going to join Kobe and Shaq in L.A. like they did at the end," Nowitzki said. "But now I've got a ring and obviously want to finish my career here. But I also want to be competitive."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:56:52 AM by barefacedmonk »
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:52 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Sounds like he is resigned to the fact that Mavs can't do much this season but can hope to make some noise next season if they're able to sign a big name using their cap space this summer.

Dirk will retire a Maverick...just like Pierce will retire a Celtic and Kobe will retire a Laker. He isn't going anywhere.

EDIT: Just read the complete article. He does sound disappointed but I still don't think he leaves that team.

"The only reason I would leave -- or would have left -- is if we wouldn't have won the championship and I would have been like a Karl Malone and (Gary) Payton going to join Kobe and Shaq in L.A. like they did at the end," Nowitzki said. "But now I've got a ring and obviously want to finish my career here. But I also want to be competitive."

I'm not sure. I reckon if the mavericks wallow in mediocrity for the rest of this year and don't get any serious pieces for next season, dirk would not mind getting out of there. The same could be said about pierce if the garnett era only lasted 1 year.

Kobe complained mightily about the Kwame brown laker team and if they didn't steal gasol you never know what would have happened to Kobe.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dirk
Duncan
Pierce
Kobe

Some of the names of career team guys that will never change uniforms at this point.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I know it's a long shot, but perhaps next year the celtics could acquire another veteran power forward through a trade of young pieces and picks?   :P
No, we can't. And we shouldn't. This has nothing to do with Dirk's desire to be traded -- do the math.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:05 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Silly discussion. Take a look at the Mavs salary commitments for next season.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/mavericks.jsp

Now, for the sake of argument, take away the qualifying offers to Collison and Roddy B, as well as the player option for OJ Mayo (which he'd be crazy to pick up). Now look again at their commitments.

Dallas will have huge cap space this summer, and Dirk. Not only do they need him to compete for a championship next year, but they need him to lure Dwight Howard and other FAs so they can compete for a championship next year.

He's there until at least the trade deadline in 2014, and likely for the rest of his career. End of discussion.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)