Author Topic: Nonsensical Wishful Thinking: Bogus Rumor about Cousins being a Celtic on Monday  (Read 11719 times)

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Well the consensus seems to be it is most likely a pile of nonsense.
If they are claiming the trade involves Bass and Green and could be done by "monday", then it absolutely is nonsense. 

The title of this thread should be changed to "Nonsensical Wishful Thinking:  Bogus Rumor about Cousins being a Celtic on Monday"
Done

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
btw... who the hell is "NBAonNBC" and how is that a source?  NBA hasn't been on NBC in over a decade.  It's a fan account... probably CelticsThug trolling us from the grave I buried him in.

Re: BREAKING: Cousins could be a CELTIC by Monday morning!
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 10:34:50 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I wish people would stop being so............!!!!!

JEFF GREEN CAN'T BE TRADED UNTIL JANUARY 15TH!!!! THEN THERE IS A MATTER OF MONEY, JEFF GREEN MAKES FAR TOO MUCH MONEY TO EVEN INCLUDE ANY OF OUR OTHER PLAYERS IS DUMB (COUSINS MAKES LESS THAN JET)!! YOU WOULD NEED OTHER PLAYERS FROM THE KINGS ALONE TO COVER GREEN'S CONTRACT!!! THEN THEY ADD ON JET WHICH MAKES THE KINGS HAVE TO COME CLOSE TO GIVING US 14MIL (JET AND GREEN'S $ TOGETHER)!!! YOU ADDED ON COURTNEY LEE WHO I THINK MAKES 5-6MIL, SO NOW YOU ARE TALKING 19MIL KINGS WOULD HAVE TO COME CLOSE TO MATCHING!!!! THEN YOU ADD IN SULLY, WHAT DOES HE MAKE, LIKE ANOTHER MIL PLUS?????

I'm so tired of these crazy "rumors", especially when people can't see that they are FULL OF IT!!!!

Is it possible there is a deal being done or will be sometime in the near future? Absolutely, it's definitely possible but it won't be for all those pieces together, it is IMPOSSIBLE unless the kings are giving up most of the roster! Matter of fact Cousins AND Evans together would probably not cover Green's contract alone (maybe it could b/c I don't know about how much of a % Kings would have to cover)!!!!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
NBAonNBC is run by Patrick and Gilroy who used to have a show on the radio called Celtics Pride - they now have a new show as an NBC affiliate

take that for whatever it is worth
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'd hate to part with Sully and Lee but then again with Cousins you don't need Sully also with Bradley lee kinna becomes redundant. Green you also wish you could keep to guard LeBron.

Hmmm
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
My guess to what is happening is that the Lakers,  celtics,  and kings rumor may have some validity.  I believe Danny has gotten Sacramento to agree to the framework of the deal,  but the Lakers are dragging their feet. If the Lakers would commit the deal could happen very soon.  Otherwise Danny will have to rework the package so that it occurs with some combo of green or bass at a later date

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
When this happens the Celtics are definitely going to win the Super Bowl!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
NBAonNBC is run by Patrick and Gilroy who used to have a show on the radio called Celtics Pride - they now have a new show as an NBC affiliate

Yeah and he's already backpeddling on twitter, because he probably doesn't know what he's talking about.  I'm weary of this kind of thing from little known sources.  It's usually a modern day publicity stunt for a hackish blog.  Brings in internet traffic and promotes their site, but usually the rumors have almost no validity whatsoever.  Then when the trade inevitably doesn't happen they can just say "it fell apart" and still look like they have credibility to the gullible new fans they brought in.

Gilroy:  "To be very clear, we as a website are not predicting or promising an imminent trade.  We have however confirmed previous speculation from well known and trusted sources. The Celtics have been busy and have targeted Cousins.  Our only "new news" is that the potential holdup is Bradley's availablity vs. Lee's availability.  Stay tuned for the latest"

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Celtics just acquired Cousins for Donny Marshal and a bag of Skittles...

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

Yeah and he's already backpeddling on twitter, because he probably doesn't know what he's talking about.  I'm weary of this kind of thing from little known sources.  It's usually a modern day publicity stunt for a hackish blog.  Brings in internet traffic and promotes their site, but usually the rumors have almost no validity whatsoever. 
See stuff like this is why I can't get on board and fully believe these analysts with "sources" who go on twitter or any social media trying to break news that turns out to be false.

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
* EVERY DOLLAR HELPS:

By our rough per-game calculation, the Celtics save about $275,000 by cutting Joseph after 33 games. That's right around what a late-season, veteran-minimum addition would cost. Considering the Celtics are hard-capped at the $74.3 million tax apron -- and roughly $71.2 million is committed to current costs -- every available dollar gives the Celtics a little bit of extra wiggle room to maneuver later in the season.

Interesting about this rumor coinciding with the roster moves though.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Celtics just acquired Cousins for Donny Marshal and a bag of Skittles...

Man, the Maloofs must love their Skittles.

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
How about this?
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/report-celtics-very-involved-with.html

Boston became more aggressive on Sunday in its pursuit of Cousins -- who has been rumored to be on the trading block despite public denial by the Kings' organization -- and while Celtics general manager Danny Ainge would like to make a move sooner rather than later, he is hesitant about trading heralded third-year guard Avery Bradley. According to the source, Ainge would rather move Courtney Lee -- who was acquired by the Celtics in a sign-and-trade deal with the Houston Rockets -- than Bradley.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
How about this?
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/01/report-celtics-very-involved-with.html

Boston became more aggressive on Sunday in its pursuit of Cousins -- who has been rumored to be on the trading block despite public denial by the Kings' organization -- and while Celtics general manager Danny Ainge would like to make a move sooner rather than later, he is hesitant about trading heralded third-year guard Avery Bradley. According to the source, Ainge would rather move Courtney Lee -- who was acquired by the Celtics in a sign-and-trade deal with the Houston Rockets -- than Bradley.
all coming from the same garbage source. The blogs without integrity will pretend like it's actually got some basis in reality.  It's not hard to come up with bogus rumors when fans are desperate for bogus rumors.  We know Boston needs bigs.  We know Jan 15th is a big date.  We know we are overloaded with guards.   If you're a desperate blog, just say, "Boston celtics are on the verge of trading (insert random expendable CEltics here) for (Big Al/Gortat/Varejao/Josh Smith/Cousins/Milisap/Dalembert/Pau Gasol)" and fans will eat it up.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah and he's already backpeddling on twitter, because he probably doesn't know what he's talking about.  I'm weary of this kind of thing from little known sources.  It's usually a modern day publicity stunt for a hackish blog.  Brings in internet traffic and promotes their site, but usually the rumors have almost no validity whatsoever.  Then when the trade inevitably doesn't happen they can just say "it fell apart" and still look like they have credibility to the gullible new fans they brought in.

Gilroy:  "To be very clear, we as a website are not predicting or promising an imminent trade.  We have however confirmed previous speculation from well known and trusted sources. The Celtics have been busy and have targeted Cousins.  Our only "new news" is that the potential holdup is Bradley's availablity vs. Lee's availability.  Stay tuned for the latest"

They've "confirmed speculation"?

What the heck does that even mean?  I can "confirm speculation" regarding any number of players, if that "speculation" comes from "well-placed NBA sources" -- i.e., fans on CelticsBlog.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes