Author Topic: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7  (Read 68945 times)

Re: Celtics (16-17) at Knicks (23-10) 1/7
« Reply #465 on: January 07, 2013, 10:34:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Dang what did the Celtics do to Melo because they're saying he's waiting outside the locker room and had to be restrained.
I love this team getting into other players head and getting them angry.
Melo's a ring chaser so he probably wanted to ask the C's how he can get traded to the team   8)

« Reply #466 on: January 07, 2013, 10:39:47 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Rondo owes Paul Pierce, Jeff Green, KG, AB, Sully - etc - STEAK DINNERS, lol...

Only owes that to Bradley I think, because before Bradley came back we had just lost 3 games by an average of 30 points and were walking into one of the toughest stretch of games in the season.

Then Bradley returns and we won 3 of 4 of those games, and we won them all with defense.

But of course 'apparently' Bradley isn't that important to our team!  ::)

« Reply #467 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:35 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
MSG is reporting that Melo was waiting outside the Celtics locker room and had to be hauled away from security.

What the F? Tough guy?
Melo is *****made.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #468 on: January 07, 2013, 10:44:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Only owes that to Bradley I think, because before Bradley came back we had just lost 3 games by an average of 30 points and were walking into one of the toughest stretch of games in the season.

Then Bradley returns and we won 3 of 4 of those games, and we won them all with defense.

Who said he isn't that important to our team?

I'm loving what he's doing right now, as well as the team.

If BOS can continue to win like this, get Wilcox back, stay healthy - perhaps we won't need to make ANY trades, I'm hoping.

« Reply #469 on: January 07, 2013, 10:46:37 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
Did the NY media make up that report about Melo waiting outside the celtics locker room after the game to make him look tough?

« Reply #470 on: January 07, 2013, 10:47:34 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I thought Green played some excellent defense on melo...thats why we picked him up IMO.

really bothered him and offensively took it strong to the hoop offensively..I liked to see that.

it was also nice to see Bradley finally regain that nice shooting stroke he had last year

« Reply #471 on: January 07, 2013, 10:48:34 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I thought Green played some excellent defense on melo...thats why we picked him up IMO.

really bothered him and offensively took it strong to the hoop offensively..I liked to see that.

it was also nice to see Bradley finally regain that nice shooting stroke he had last year

Green did an excellent job tonight on both ends of the floor. Bradley looked great too, finally got his shot going.  Sullinger was huge tonight for us as well. Great to see the young guys coming up big in a big game.

« Reply #472 on: January 07, 2013, 10:50:18 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Carmelo needs a suspension.  Isnt that harassment or threat?  nonetheless unprofessional

« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Dang what did the Celtics do to Melo because they're saying he's waiting outside the locker room and had to be restrained.
I love this team getting into other players head and getting them angry.
Melo's a ring chaser so he probably wanted to ask the C's how he can get traded to the team   8)
You didn't hear him?

I don't remember the exact words but he was telling KG "he's going to see him after the game" it was when KG threw a elbow clearing space which Melo does all the time and is good at doing. It was a physical game everybody was pushing and swinging their elbows. He was just mad he was getting his backside kicked. It ended up working to our advantage that was vintage Celtics basketball right there. ::) ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #474 on: January 07, 2013, 10:57:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Did the NY media make up that report about Melo waiting outside the celtics locker room after the game to make him look tough?

If this is true I'd sincerely hope that the League Office is looking into this...isn't this stuff illegal?

« Reply #475 on: January 07, 2013, 11:00:54 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
MSG is reporting that Melo was waiting outside the Celtics locker room and had to be hauled away from security.

What the F? Tough guy?

For what??

I couldnt watch the game.

When the game ended, he went off the court on the wrong side and followed the Celtics out. Apparently he was screaming and yelling at someone. This is ridiculous, kg talks but he leaves it on the court. What is melo trying to prove that hes a street thug? Hanging out on those NY streets must get to his head.

Hey, don't talk about my New York streets like that!
Even though 50% of those streets are unsafe to walk on at night... and you're probably right  ;D

« Reply #476 on: January 07, 2013, 11:13:58 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

Who said he isn't that important to our team?

I'm loving what he's doing right now, as well as the team.

If BOS can continue to win like this, get Wilcox back, stay healthy - perhaps we won't need to make ANY trades, I'm hoping.

nobody said AB was not a huge factor. but he will not make a difference as far as us being a REAL CONTENDER.....we still need a guy to rim protect when KG is out. wilcox and collins are not those guys i am not afraid to say.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #477 on: January 07, 2013, 11:14:31 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Amazing good game , the Celtics had FIRE in their eyes,  Pierce was scary serious....wow....

I wonder if the Knick were overlooking the Celtics a bit , especially with Rondo absent. 

I think the Knicks though they were gonna walk over the Celtics.

They got their caboose kicked in their gym without Rondo on the court.... ;D

Celtic are rock n again !!!

« Reply #478 on: January 07, 2013, 11:15:47 PM »

Offline JerseyKid.

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Our heart will prevail.

What the F? Tough guy?

For what??

I couldnt watch the game.

When the game ended, he went off the court on the wrong side and followed the Celtics out. Apparently he was screaming and yelling at someone. This is ridiculous, kg talks but he leaves it on the court. What is melo trying to prove that hes a street thug? Hanging out on those NY streets must get to his head.

Hey, don't talk about my New York streets like that!
Even though 50% of those streets are unsafe to walk on at night... and you're probably right  ;D

I say it because I know. I go there all the time. No disrespect to NY, love the city but its definitely a cultured place.

« Reply #479 on: January 07, 2013, 11:21:25 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
The Celtics knew they couldn’t beat the Knicks straight up and they pulled out cheap dirty tricks and it worked

Nothing better than p---ed off Lakers/Knicks fans. ;)
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi