Author Topic: Bradley or Sullinger?  (Read 10334 times)

Bradley or Sullinger?
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:52:57 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
To be able to get a true center upgrade via trade, I am of the belief that either Bradley or Sullinger would have to be included.  For a really good player, likely both.  If we're trading only our spare parts, then that's all we should expect in return; a spare part.

So, if we want a decent center. And if we had to trade one of these guys, which would I hurt you most to part with; Sully or Avery?

Re: Bradley or Sullinger?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
which would [it] hurt you most to part with; Sully or Avery?

Bradley.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You trade Sully.

Bradley is a better player, and impacts the team in a more meaninful way, but the biggest reason is that Bass and Sully just don't mix, and it hurts our rotation having to tip-toe around those two.

So if you're going to land a center, you use Sully... I'd prefer to trade Bass, but if that's the sacrifice you do it.

But if I'm trading Sully, it better be for a really good player. For Bass, I'd be comfortable with a much lower level trade.

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 09:58:44 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
we need avery and bass is as good as sully for this year. I would give up sully ,melo , lee for Gortat

PG: Rondo    / Terry
SG: Bradley  / Barbosa
SF: PP       / Green
PF: KG       / Bass
 C: Gortat   / Wilcox/FA(Birdman?) / Collins

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 10:01:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
neither. I would not give up either one is what I mean
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:33:08 PM by Ogaju »

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 10:02:14 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Bradley would hurt more, without question.

I like Sully, but his skillset is replaceable.  I don't know anybody else in this league who consistently plays the suffocating defense that we see with Bradley.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:56 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
Not surprised by the answers so far.  In truth, I'd probably pick Bradley too.  But when you compare the two players, the one thing we do know about sully is that he has a true position and can excel as a rebounder.  I'd think he peak is a poor mans Kevin Love, which is pretty [dang] good.  He he also a big, which are premium compared to guards.  Bradley, on the other hand, is still an undersized SG with very little offense.

That said, Avery is truely special on the defensive end.  I like them both very much and it would hurt to lose either.  But as they say, you gotta give to get.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 10:17:41 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Not surprised by the answers so far.  In truth, I'd probably pick Bradley too.  But when you compare the two players, the one thing we do know about sully is that he has a true position and can excel as a rebounder.  I'd think he peak is a poor mans Kevin Love, which is pretty [dang] good.  He he also a big, which are premium compared to guards.  Bradley, on the other hand, is still an undersized SG with very little offense.

That said, Avery is truely special on the defensive end.  I like them both very much and it would hurt to lose either.  But as they say, you gotta give to get.

Bradley has more offense than you give him credit for.  He's a weapon in transition, dangerous on cuts, has great form and elevation on his jumpshot and has flashed an ability to create for himself when asked to do so (like the Hawks game last year).  His handle is mediocre at best and he doesn't have great vision, but he holds his own on offense.

I like his game already, but when he gets healthy I see him as a guy who could deliver when asked to score a little more in the future. 

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 10:21:16 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Bradley has a true position and it is SG.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 10:28:43 PM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:27 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Yes, he's an undersized shooting guard.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

But he is definitely a shooting guard.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 10:53:11 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I love Sully and what he is bringing to the table. I'd hate to see him go in a trade. However, Bradley is a one of a kind type of player that teams dont get the luxury of coming across very often. You can always find an undersized power forward kicking around, a defensive stopper isnt going to fall into your lap though.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 11:07:57 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We let Tony get away please not Bradley, you keep him.

I will say I love Sully and would hate to part with him but of the two it'd have to be him.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Sully is an undersized PF, though, right?  And he doesn't possess any skills nearly as elite as Avery's defense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes