Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28927 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2013, 05:17:10 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
Just because something hasn't happened (yet) doesn't mean the roster space wasn't cleared in anticipation for a move.  I would imagine a very small percentage of trade proposals between GM's actual materialize (perhaps 1-2% or less). We already know the C's are a team that inquired about Cousins, so there's no doubt they are looking to make a move; but it still takes at least two to make a deal.

« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just because something hasn't happened (yet) doesn't mean the roster space wasn't cleared in anticipation for a move.

The roster space was cleared because there was a 5pm deadline today.  There's still plenty of time to utilize the open roster spots in a trade, but the timing of the cuts has nothing to do with trade discussions in my mind.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
that will be a major mistake by DA if he trades our three best bets for the future for DMC
i do it!! This team isnt going nowhere as it is now w/o a true center

How do you figure?

Sicne Bradley returned we are 2-1 and the last two wins (both against playoff teams during a back-to-back) were by an average of 13 points and saw us hold opposnents to an average of < 80 points.

We may have finally found our defense, and trading Sully and Bradley out for Cousins will break that.

I love the idea of getting Cousins, but he's a risk. If you can get him in return for a large number of mediocre players (like Lee, Bass, Barbosa, Green) then hell yes its worth the risk, but if you need to lose two exceptional young players then I wouldn't do it.  I'd rather add a solid big and then add all-start talent via free agency when Pierce, Terry and KG retire. 

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Do any of you think this Rondo suspension pushes Danny over the edge?

Sac fans are saying the trade for DMC has to start with Rondo...How about this?  $$ matches almost exactly.

Rondo
Sullinger

for

Cousins
Evans
Aaron Brooks

Gives us a top PF/C in Cousins and a couple good backcourt players.  Evans is a very good NBA player IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY and Brooks has proven he can run a team at PG.  THis would really boost our offensive firepower and would likely make both teams better now and in the future.

Thoughts?
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2013, 07:29:14 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
can this blockbuster revolve around gortat?  seems as though until the cousins rumors hit, gortat was the guy everyone was watching. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2013, 07:41:07 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
can this blockbuster revolve around gortat?  seems as though until the cousins rumors hit, gortat was the guy everyone was watching.

Rondo for Gortat and Dragic

« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
and Gortat is a star player?? he is a role player as well...people on this site have vastly over-rated his talents

15 points @ 55% FG, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks (Gortat's numbers last season) are hardly role player numbers.

They are borderline All-Star numbers.

« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2013, 08:44:24 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 442
11 points and 8 boards this year for Gortat...

Personally I would not trade:
KG, Pierce, Sully, Rondo, Bradley, Melo(yet).

Possibly Green, Lee or Bass in the right deal.

« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2013, 09:22:41 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
and Gortat is a star player?? he is a role player as well...people on this site have vastly over-rated his talents

15 points @ 55% FG, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks (Gortat's numbers last season) are hardly role player numbers.

They are borderline All-Star numbers.

How are his numbers this year?

If he was a borderline all star why were Phoenix still decidedly average?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Sac fans are saying the trade for DMC has to start with Rondo...How about this?  $$ matches almost exactly.

Rondo
Sullinger

for

Cousins
Evans
Aaron Brooks

Gives us a top PF/C in Cousins and a couple good backcourt players.  Evans is a very good NBA player IF HE CAN STAY HEALTHY and Brooks has proven he can run a team at PG.  THis would really boost our offensive firepower and would likely make both teams better now and in the future.

Thoughts?

Interesting trade.  Seems relatively fair. Cs would be very crowded at guard, with Evans, Brooks, Bradley, Lee and Terry. But I guess that would be of secondary concern.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Horrible trade.

Best player in the trade by a considerable margin for two role players.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Just because something hasn't happened (yet) doesn't mean the roster space wasn't cleared in anticipation for a move.

The roster space was cleared because there was a 5pm deadline today.  There's still plenty of time to utilize the open roster spots in a trade, but the timing of the cuts has nothing to do with trade discussions in my mind.

That they were cut a day early tells me that there wasn't an imminent trade because they would have been kept around a bit longer in case there was use for them in a deal.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:03 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Rondo
Sullinger

for

Cousins
Evans
Aaron Brooks

Thoughts?

Interesting trade.  Seems relatively fair. Cs would be very crowded at guard, with Evans, Brooks, Bradley, Lee and Terry. But I guess that would be of secondary concern.

You forgot Barbosa too.

If this happened, I'd like to see a three-guard rotation of Brooks, Evans, and Bradley, with Lee getting sparing minutes. Trade Terry.

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2013, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo

Horrible trade.

Best player in the trade by a considerable margin for two role players.

Yeah, because Gortat (16 points and 9 rebounds last season) is just a role player.

Right now with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter he has 12 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 5 blocks against us. 

You wouldn't want him and Dragic though - I believe part of his complain earlier in the season was that Dragic wasn't getting him the touches he wanted.