Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28959 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That three-way with the Lakers looks legit. Lakers really want to dump Gasol and could do worse than that haul. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Sure AB would be tough to lose but we're not going to land Cousins without him IMHO.

PULL THE TRIGGER..

I don't buy the rumor, but to play along, I think giving up Bradley, Sully, two #1s (presumably 2013 and 2015), and Terry would be a pretty heavy price.

I agree. I could also imagine Rondo going off the deep end if we trade Bradley. He seems really high on playing with AB in the backcourt.
Yeah ... I know it's always great to strengthen our chances for this year's playoffs, but we've got to work on the future here, and a Rondo/Bradley/Sully core has a huge amount of potential, and some sweet chemistry that seems to be developing well. I'd really love to keep those three guys together to build around when Paul and KG retire.

Build around Rondo, AB and Sully?  :o

Dude AB and Sully are not going to be stars in this league, they're not. They're just role players, I don't see AB every becoming anything that great besides Tony Allen with a better jumpshot aka a Aaron Affalo. Sully is a role player at best. Who are you kidding?

Well, Affalo *was* the key piece for Orlando in the D12 deal, right?  :o

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2013, 11:29:48 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
That three-way with the Lakers looks legit. Lakers really want to dump Gasol and could do worse than that haul. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Sure AB would be tough to lose but we're not going to land Cousins without him IMHO.

PULL THE TRIGGER..

I don't buy the rumor, but to play along, I think giving up Bradley, Sully, two #1s (presumably 2013 and 2015), and Terry would be a pretty heavy price.

I agree. I could also imagine Rondo going off the deep end if we trade Bradley. He seems really high on playing with AB in the backcourt.
Yeah ... I know it's always great to strengthen our chances for this year's playoffs, but we've got to work on the future here, and a Rondo/Bradley/Sully core has a huge amount of potential, and some sweet chemistry that seems to be developing well. I'd really love to keep those three guys together to build around when Paul and KG retire.

Dude AB and Sully are not going to be stars in this league, they're not. They're just role players, I don't see AB every becoming anything that great besides Tony Allen with a better jumpshot aka a Aaron Affalo. Sully is a role player at best. Who are you kidding?
Kidding?

No one, Dude ... you're entitled to your opinion, as I am mine.

Time will tell, I guess, but IMO you're selling both Sully and AB, (one of the best defensive guards in the NBA), way short.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2013, 11:47:47 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'd wait till Woj reports it.

He's, to me, the most credible man in this thing. If this is indeed a blockbuster, I'm pretty sure he will have his hands on it

Definitely interesting though. But I will not give in to these rumors until Woj reports it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

DeMarcus Cousins is not going to the Celtics. Teams continue to be told that he's not available. That is all.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

DeMarcus Cousins is not going to the Celtics. Teams continue to be told that he's not available. That is all.
Yeah I honestly don't see them moving him for any of the rumored packages I've seen.

« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2013, 12:56:37 AM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Amick has a very strong track record and one of the most plugged in NBA reporters - especially with Kings news even since he left the Sacramento beat a few years back. I'll take his word over any other 'source' that has posted rumors on twitter etc...

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2013, 01:01:18 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

Amick has a very strong track record and one of the most plugged in NBA reporters - especially with Kings news even since he left the Sacramento beat a few years back. I'll take his word over any other 'source' that has posted rumors on twitter etc...

I thought he deleted that tweet never mind

« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2013, 01:03:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick

I thought he deleted that tweet never mind
::CLOSE THREAD::

lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2013, 01:13:05 AM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111

PULL THE TRIGGER..

Agree build around Bradley and Sully. Guaranteed lotto

« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2013, 06:15:48 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We should really understand one thing...if ever there were to be a "blockbuster" trade in the works, the first person to break this news WOULD NOT BE SHERROD BLAKELY.

« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2013, 06:21:51 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

PULL THE TRIGGER..

It's not "build around Bradley and Sully."  It's build around Rondo, Bradley, and Sully.  There's a fairly significant difference there.

It's like saying the Cavs are building around Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's hard believing that Ainge would be hesitant to include Avery in a deal if that's the deal breaker.
Makes me think that these rumors are bogus.

I don't know if anyone's been watching the Kings lately, but Cousins has the potential to be the best center in the NBA. If we paired him with KG in the paint, and Rondo on offense. My god we'd be scary. We'd be gambling our future of decent players in Sully and Avery for a guy who has the size and athleticism and strength to that of David Robinson. This sounds like an over reaction but I've watched him play the last 5 games and he's been unstoppable in the paint.
He has amazing hands and a finesse combined with strength that you rarely see. He can even shoot too- although he's been steered away from that recently.
Amazing to think what we could become if we had this guy and KG could mold him. Wow. You have to give up Avery and Sully to get this guy, we'd still be robbing them and I can't see how they'd even think about dumping him even if he's a locker room nightmare- he's the only thing worth watching for Kings fans.

If you have league pass online just watch the Cousins highlights in the last 5 games, he's playing like a starting All Star center.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 06:28:03 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

PULL THE TRIGGER..

I don't think its guaranteed lotto, I think it's an okay playoff contender, making the East semis every now and then.

But getting Cousins paired with Rondo after 2 years of KG in his ear- we could have the best 1-2 punch in the NBA if it worked out. Cousins is just freakishly gifted. He's 21 and as I said in another thread, I haven't seen a center this talented, with footwork and strength like this kid since David Robinson.

I mean when he's at his best he really is the most talented offensive center in the league.
Even Magic Johnson tweeted that DMC is the most talented center in the NBA.
KG working on his defense and expanding his game with his excellent footwork would be like a wet dream.

You gotta do anything to get DMC here, give up Melo, Bradley and Sully. Hopefully dump Greens contract and get Salmons+Garcia in return so we have two bench wings that can guard Lebron and also score.

This would be complete highway robbery if Danny pulls this off.
It would be so sad to see Avery and Sully go but Cousins is a once in every 10 year talent- you MUST roll the dice.
Getting him playing with Rondo solidifies us for the next7-8 years once KG and Pierce are gone- we'd be a dream FA destination with plenty of money to attract elite wing players and small forwards.

Mother of god Danny please do it!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2013, 07:45:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Lets hold our breath until trade deadline date passes when it involves Sully and Bradley:

The more the Celtics keep winning and both Sully and Bradley are part of it, the more Ainge will not want to trade them but the more Sac will want them. It will be a interesting kind of headache to deal with

The bottom line is this: How good can this team be with Sully and Bradley vs a team with DMC??

With Sully and Bradley, its a waiting game. We can't really say, we have a great chance to win the trophy. Can we still beat Miami and OKC??

With DMC , the thought of him and Rondo at the point, would present a dangerous team, so much so that a championship would not be out of the question. Though there is that ugly variable of how stable his character remains on the court.

To make this or other potential blockbuster trade more complex, what is going to happen to Green, Lee and Terry?? If they have been performing as expected, maybe danny has no issues to include Sully and AB (if that is the issue to prevent the trade to go through). If Green, Lee and Terry are untradeable on their own close to the trade deadline, then Danny may have no choice but to trade Sully and AB in a package for another big piece. 

The best thing to result out of all of this is, Danny's efforts did not go wasted this past off year and Green, Lee and Terry perform as expected. Also Sully and AB keep overachieving, we keep winning and we don't trade anyone
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 08:09:19 AM by triboy16f »

« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2013, 08:15:02 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I fully expect the deal to involve Bass, Green, Lee and draft picks for a big guy not named Demarcus Cousins.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet