Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28972 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2013, 10:09:45 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-celtics-working-on-deal-to-bring-kings-center-demarcus-cousins-to-boston/

Jeff Green, Jason Terry, Jared Sullinger and Courtney Lee have been packaged in an offer for Cousins, the website reports. The inclusion of Avery Bradley appears to be a sticking point.

This makes little sense to me as reported.

So the Celtics can't send out $25 milion in salary and take just $4 million back?

NESN is embarrassing itself by publishing this.

Yeah, makes no sense... I think what they meant to say is that all those players have been involved in one packager or another offered. Not all at the same time.

« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2013, 10:10:08 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
That three-way with the Lakers looks legit. Lakers really want to dump Gasol and could do worse than that haul. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Sure AB would be tough to lose but we're not going to land Cousins without him IMHO.

PULL THE TRIGGER..

I don't buy the rumor, but to play along, I think giving up Bradley, Sully, two #1s (presumably 2013 and 2015), and Terry would be a pretty heavy price.

I agree. I could also imagine Rondo going off the deep end if we trade Bradley. He seems really high on playing with AB in the backcourt.
Yeah ... I know it's always great to strengthen our chances for this year's playoffs, but we've got to work on the future here, and a Rondo/Bradley/Sully core has a huge amount of potential, and some sweet chemistry that seems to be developing well. I'd really love to keep those three guys together to build around when Paul and KG retire.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2013, 10:18:26 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
K why do we obsess over internet rumors? We've only heard from this random guy from NBA on NBC Boston and A. Sherrod Blakely. Not exactly rock solid insiders.

Until the likes of a wojnarowski or a bucher report this happening take everything with a grain of salt.

For all we know this guy made this up because he wants attention. We've seen it before. Remember that guy on the realgm boards who said Ray was coming back?!

Deli guy?
;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Giving up Terry takes away one of our two clutch go-to scorers.

Taking away Bradley and/or Sullinger snatches the young future of this team.

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2013, 10:26:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So if this is correct we have to assume that this trade goes through on the 15th of January, even though it is reported to be completed possibly tonight and that since Green, Lee, terry and Sully are gone that we will be receiving somewhere in the order of $19 million back in salary which just so happens to add up to

Cousins
Evans
Garcia.

Yeah, not buying it even a little bit.

« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2013, 10:38:46 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
To play devil's advocate...What if it's Rondo that we are trading instead?

C's

Cousins
Evans
Garcia
Thomas

Kings

Rondo
Lee
Melo
1st Rd Picks in 2013 and 2015

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bg6d6dz

« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72

C's

Cousins
Evans
Garcia
Thomas

Kings

Rondo
Lee
Melo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2013, 10:47:24 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

C's

Cousins
Evans
Garcia
Thomas

Kings

Rondo
Lee
Melo

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Really? Why? Is that not a great return? Evans and Thomas are 23 and Cousins is 22. Add that to our young core of Green, Bradley, and Sullinger and that's some serious young talent.

« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

C's

Cousins
Evans
Garcia
Thomas

Kings

Rondo
Lee
Melo

Rondo is by far the best player in that trade so no thanks. Seeing as you've included picks aswell, definitely no.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I think giving up Bradley, Sully, two #1s (presumably 2013 and 2015), and Terry would be a pretty heavy price.

This was my first thought. Too much.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 11:04:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

C's

Cousins
Evans
Garcia
Thomas

Kings

Rondo
Lee
Melo

Rondo is by far the best player in that trade so no thanks. Seeing as you've included picks aswell, definitely no.

I wouldn't say "by far". But clearly Cousins and Evans are the 2nd and 3rd best players in the deal and a strong case could be made that Thomas is better than Lee. 2013 is going to be a bad draft class and who knows what 2015 will look like yet.

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2013, 11:10:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
From everything going so far i can accept

1. "blockbuster" trade(s) in the making
2. Sadly have to give up Sully and Bradley to get a the "big" addition
3. Green, Terry, Lee were added to make our team that much better than last years. So far , they have failed to live up to expectations. No threes from Lee, Terry and no consistent 10-15 points a game from Green

What doesn't add up

1. Cousins has been playing like a player that is possessed for a good 5 games now. avg something like 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks. He has played better than ever since his suspension and Sac is 6-4 the past 10(even beating us). So if your sac , now you trade him?

2. Jeff Green, Terry, Lee can't be traded until the 15th. Also why in heavens would Sac want to be stuck with these guys for another 3 to 5 years with what they have shown so far this year. 

What must be going crazy now are the players head. Guys like Terry leaving doc and ainge messages. I can see him ask them , what about the tattoo he got of the lep holding up the trophy lol.

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2013, 11:12:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
From everything going so far i can accept

1. "blockbuster" trade(s) in the making
2. Sadly have to give up Sully and Bradley to get a the "big" addition
3. Green, Terry, Lee were added to make our team that much better than last years. So far , they have failed to live up to expectations. No threes from Lee, Terry and no consistent 10-15 points a game from Green

What doesn't add up

1. Cousins has been playing like a player that is possessed for a good 5 games now. avg something like 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 blocks. He has played better than ever since his suspension and Sac is 6-4 the past 10. (even beating us)

2. Jeff Green, Terry, Lee can't be traded until the 15th. Also why in heavens would Sac want to be stuck with these guys for another 3 to 5 years with what they have shown so far this year. 

What must be going crazy now are the players head. Guys like Terry leaving doc and ainge messages. I can see him ask them , what about the tattoo he got of the lep holding up the trophy lol.

Jeff Green and Brandon Bass are the only players who can't ne traded until the 15th
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2013, 11:12:59 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The players probably (hopefully) don't follow silly internet rumors from random "sources".  If they do, their first call should be to their agents, who will set them straight about this nonsense.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
That three-way with the Lakers looks legit. Lakers really want to dump Gasol and could do worse than that haul. I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Sure AB would be tough to lose but we're not going to land Cousins without him IMHO.

PULL THE TRIGGER..

I don't buy the rumor, but to play along, I think giving up Bradley, Sully, two #1s (presumably 2013 and 2015), and Terry would be a pretty heavy price.

I agree. I could also imagine Rondo going off the deep end if we trade Bradley. He seems really high on playing with AB in the backcourt.
Yeah ... I know it's always great to strengthen our chances for this year's playoffs, but we've got to work on the future here, and a Rondo/Bradley/Sully core has a huge amount of potential, and some sweet chemistry that seems to be developing well. I'd really love to keep those three guys together to build around when Paul and KG retire.

Build around Rondo, AB and Sully?  :o

Dude AB and Sully are not going to be stars in this league, they're not. They're just role players, I don't see AB every becoming anything that great besides Tony Allen with a better jumpshot aka a Aaron Affalo. Sully is a role player at best. Who are you kidding?