Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 29014 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If Lee is indeed traded, I would love to sign Delonte. He and Terry have experience playing together in Dallas, plus with Barbosa as our 5th guard, it provides insurance should the often injured Delonte go down.

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
These rumors are quite contradictory.  "The celtics waived players to make room for a blockbuster trade" .... yet they are trading away more players than would be coming in under all of these rumored scenarios.  You don't need to waive players for that to happen.
It's actually nice to have said players around to be able to help balance out salaries in such trades. But hey. We have "a source" saying this might happen.

Yeah.  Minimum deals are good, because they count as salary going out, they don't have to count as salary coming in for the acquiring team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 08:47:30 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Trade anyone but Pierce, KG, Bradley, and Green!!!

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 08:49:13 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Gortat is playing tonight so any rumored deal probably doesn't include him. Or at the very least, if it were involving him, and it were close, he wouldn't be playing tonight.

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
If we are really getting Garcia in some deal, I wish we could send out Jeff Green somehow to get other good pieces (or picks).  Garcia is perfectly capable of playing 13 min per game behind Pierce in the playoffs and I'm sick of Green playing out of position at the 4.

Rondo 40/Terry (or Barbosa) 8
Lee 25/Terry 23
Pierce 35/Garcia (or Green) 13
KG 20/Bass 25/Wilcox 3
Cousins 30/KG 10/Wilcox 8

Thats a lineup I could be very happy with.  If we keep Green, I'd like for him to just play as hard as he can for those 13 mpg and just know that his time will come eventually.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
If we are really getting Garcia in some deal, I wish we could send out Jeff Green somehow to get other good pieces (or picks).  Garcia is perfectly capable of playing 13 min per game behind Pierce in the playoffs and I'm sick of Green playing out of position at the 4.

Rondo 40/Terry (or Barbosa) 8
Lee 25/Terry 23
Pierce 35/Garcia (or Green) 13
KG 20/Bass 25/Wilcox 3
Cousins 30/KG 10/Wilcox 8

Thats a lineup I could be very happy with.  If we keep Green, I'd like for him to just play as hard as he can for those 13 mpg and just know that his time will come eventually.

I like Green on James more than I like Garcia on him. This is important because it allows Pierce to rest on defense, when Miami goes small, by covering Battier instead of James.

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sorry but sherrod B is just being an idiot. He has no source.

Cant stand that guy. Getting people excited over nothing.

you know what, i was skeptical when i saw the link too. But i don't know. Blakely is better than guys on hoopshype or Chad Ford imo.

Its not just some guys on hoopshype who report all these rumors.  They just have a forum where they choose the most interesting and most credible of rumors that "insiders" report and organize them for people to see.
It must be incredibly difficult for them to choose between "a source" and "a team insider" and "a source within the league" and "multiple sources" and "a source speaking on the condition of anonymity" and "a league source" and "a team source".  There are just so many ways to say "completely made up"

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2013, 09:02:37 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The story sounds like a load of nonsense and it comes from a journalist with little to no credibility. I'm writing it off as garbage. Another in a long line of guesses by Sherrod to attract some attention.

The C's waived two guys they didn't want to pay just before their contracts became guaranteed. End of story. Oh and Sherrod is an idiot. Now, end of story.

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The story sounds like a load of nonsense and it comes from a journalist with little to no credibility. I'm writing it off as garbage. Another in a long line of guesses by Sherrod to attract some attention.

The C's waived two guys they didn't want to pay just before their contracts became guaranteed. End of story. Oh and Sherrod is an idiot. Now, end of story.
Wait wait wait. This Sherrod is an idiot story. I hope you have an unnamed source on that like a good journalist should. Otherwise it would be hard for us to swallow.

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2013, 09:09:09 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That's about right, Forsberg has a better pulse on the situation:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4700951/rapid-reaction-cs-cut-joseph-varnado

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2013, 09:16:19 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

What's more credible Sherrod or Tanguay's gut?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

That's about right, Forsberg has a better pulse on the situation:
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4700951/rapid-reaction-cs-cut-joseph-varnado

Good stuff. Sherrod jumped the gun.

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Well... holy crap...

NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston
Sources close to http://nbaonnbc.com  confirm that Danny Ainge is working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to Boston, tonight.

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well... holy crap...

Sources close to http://nbaonnbc.com  confirm that Danny Ainge is working to complete a deal to bring Cousins to Boston, tonight.

Dang it, now I'm interested. 

EDIT:  Patrick Gilroy seems to be the source of that tweet.  He also writes...

Sources say Danny Ainge dangling Green, Terry, Sullinger and Lee in an effort to land Cousins and Garcia"

However, Green can't be traded until the 15th. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 09:18:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
#Celtics' official press release on waiving of Kris Joseph, Jarvis Varnado: http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/celtics-waive-joseph-and-varnado … #NBA

11m NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston
NBA on NBC: #Celtics Release Kris Joseph, Jarvis Varnado: Big Trade Coming? http://www.nbaonnbc.com/profiles/blogs/celtics-release-kris-joseph-jarvis-varnado-big-trade-coming

17m NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston
NOT here to stir the pot. Just passing along rumblings from reputable sources. Bradley a sticking point. TBD.

57m NBA on NBC Boston ‏@NBAonNBCBoston
Celtics trying to trade Lee, teams demanding Bradley....ainge conflicted