Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28962 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 08:12:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
This rumor started on the internet yesterday and is very unsubstantiated and consequently, highly unlikey:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

I guess stranger things have happened.

sorry but this internet trade rumor is definitely possible unsubstantiated or not. Lakers are in immediate need of a change plus get rid of Gasol and the Celtics until a few games ago were in dire need of a change also. Sac has Cousins but the team still remains avg.

Doubt they would stop after this trade , and trade Gasol and Terry for more youth and picks.

Lakers prob are hesistant bc they want to be the team that gets Cousins =]. But Brooks would really help them out right now and Robinson would be a good fit for their up and tempo system.

that would be a decent trade for the lakers, but they are used to ripping teams off in trades so I can understand them being hesitant.

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Lee has a lot of interest they are saying
A.sherrod has NEVER broken any trade..

that being said, its probably trading Lee for a center....maybe lee for Dalembert or something of that nature.

.certainly not a blockbuster..but we do have a stockpile at shooting guard..Bradley is young enough to play 30+minutes and you also have Terry/Barbosa

Danny is not trading someone like Sullinger for a mediocre talent like Gortat.

Gortat is better than Sullinger and we're in win now mode. Sullinger is never going to be a star player. He's a role player at best.

and Gortat is a star player?? he is a role player as well...people on this site have vastly over-rated his talents

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 08:15:10 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
This rumor started on the internet yesterday and is very unsubstantiated and consequently, highly unlikey:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

I guess stranger things have happened.

Scary trade.  Feast or famine.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
unnamed sources = made up

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 08:17:25 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

that being said, its probably trading Lee for a center....maybe lee for Dalembert or something of that nature.

.certainly not a blockbuster..but we do have a stockpile at shooting guard..Bradley is young enough to play 30+minutes and you also have Terry/Barbosa

Gortat is better than Sullinger and we're in win now mode. Sullinger is never going to be a star player. He's a role player at best.

and Gortat is a star player?? he is a role player as well...people on this site have vastly over-rated his talents

He's a role player that fits a need we are in desperation of. Trading an undersized power forward for a 6'10/6'11 center who is capable of scoring and rebounding is what we need. Whether it happens is another thing but I'd be for it.

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697

He's a role player that fits a need we are in desperation of. Trading an undersized power forward for a 6'10/6'11 center who is capable of scoring and rebounding is what we need. Whether it happens is another thing but I'd be for it.

Sullinger is 6 foot 9 , 260 pounds. Certainly not undersized for a power forward. Possibly oversized I could see.

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Lee would do great in Phoenix
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107

Sullinger is 6 foot 9 , 260 pounds. Certainly not undersized for a power forward. Possibly oversized I could see.

Look at him next to Pierce, he's not 6'9.  Again, I don't hate Sully, he fits a role, and if he stays I'm fine with that, but if we can trade him for a quality center you've gotta do it imo. Everyone thinks different.

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have to wonder why this unnamed source needs anonymity to say what might or might not happen when the whole world can see that various guys just got waived and who would want to upgrade. The unnamed source doesn't name teams or players or time frames. Wow. This unnamed source seems really on the inside here. This is top notch stuff that nobody could have seen coming without confirmation from "a source". 

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I have to wonder why this unnamed source needs anonymity to say what might or might not happen when the whole world can see that various guys just got waived and who would want to upgrade.

Some people have jobs where they would be fined or fired if they publicly commented on a team's possible transactions, even if such moves are obvious.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:12 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I have to wonder why this unnamed source needs anonymity to say what might or might not happen when the whole world can see that various guys just got waived and who would want to upgrade.

Some people have jobs where they would be fined or fired if they publicly commented on a team's possible transactions, even if such moves are obvious.
People breaking the rules for a buck, a favor, or a rise aren't to be trusted. People that we can't prove to exist are also not to be trusted, especially when they carry no news whatsoever. According to a source the guy that broke this story might be fired soon.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
These rumors are quite contradictory.  "The celtics waived players to make room for a blockbuster trade" .... yet they are trading away more players than would be coming in under all of these rumored scenarios.  You don't need to waive players for that to happen.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
These rumors are quite contradictory.  "The celtics waived players to make room for a blockbuster trade" .... yet they are trading away more players than would be coming in under all of these rumored scenarios.  You don't need to waive players for that to happen.
It's actually nice to have said players around to be able to help balance out salaries in such trades. But hey. We have "a source" saying this might happen.

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Not buying a trade. I think we will just add Kmart and another big to complete the roster.

If we were to trade then this whole season is doomed. Just when we were picking it up already.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:08 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Sorry but sherrod B is just being an idiot. He has no source.

Cant stand that guy. Getting people excited over nothing.

you know what, i was skeptical when i saw the link too. But i don't know. Blakely is better than guys on hoopshype or Chad Ford imo.

Its not just some guys on hoopshype who report all these rumors.  They just have a forum where they choose the most interesting and most credible of rumors that "insiders" report and organize them for people to see.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur