Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28935 times)

Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« on: January 06, 2013, 07:50:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
https://twitter.com/rich_levine/status/288080571597475840

"The #Celtics decision to waive Vernado AND Joseph, opens the door for what one league source says may be a "blockbuster" deal." by Sherrod B.

Blockbuster means a big name doesn't it.

Big Al, Milsap, Josh Smith or Cousins?

I don't know why but i have a strange feeling , it might be for Cousins.

To Sac: Sully, Bradley, Melo, 1st round pick
To Bos: Cousins + Fredette

Sac might of changed their mind, after seeing how good Sully has played the past month. =[

Cousins has been on fire lately, but still sac is just a mere avg team and sac has gave up on Fredette it seems. Kid would help doc address a need for a 2nd unit pg and he can really shoot the three. Courtney Lee then can take place of Bradley as that defensive guard guy. Lately he has been doing a very good job.

If it were to happen i would be sad to lose Sully and Bradley the most, but getting Cousins would definitely be huge. With him and Rondo the future would be set (if cousins doesn't cause anymore trouble). Thats the way probably danny sees it , while also have an over the top player to give KG , Pierce and Rondo a legit chance to hoist another trophy while they are still playing together

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 07:52:43 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Sorry but sherrod B is just being an idiot. He has no source.

Cant stand that guy. Getting people excited over nothing.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 07:54:44 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
that will be a major mistake by DA if he trades our three best bets for the future for DMC

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:55:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

I tend to agree, the guy is the worst "insider" ever. He never gets anything right, but hoping he is right about this , we need a center!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 07:56:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

you know what, i was skeptical when i saw the link too. But i don't know. Blakely is better than guys on hoopshype or Chad Ford imo.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 07:56:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
that will be a major mistake by DA if he trades our three best bets for the future for DMC
i do it!! This team isnt going nowhere as it is now w/o a true center
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 07:59:40 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lee has a lot of interest they are saying

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 08:02:53 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
A.sherrod has NEVER broken any trade..

that being said, its probably trading Lee for a center....maybe lee for Dalembert or something of that nature.

.certainly not a blockbuster..but we do have a stockpile at shooting guard..Bradley is young enough to play 30+minutes and you also have Terry/Barbosa

Danny is not trading someone like Sullinger for a mediocre talent like Gortat.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
This rumor started on the internet yesterday and is very unsubstantiated and consequently, highly unlikey:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

I guess stranger things have happened.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 08:04:42 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Man, I hope we keep either Bradley or Sully.  We can't lose both of these guys.  I would like to keep Bradley the most

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 08:06:00 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, the only source for this blockbuster is speculation that the Celtics waived two guys less than 24 hours before tomorrow's deadline?

Sounds pretty weak.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 08:21:09 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline Scribbles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 107
A.sherrod has NEVER broken any trade..

that being said, its probably trading Lee for a center....maybe lee for Dalembert or something of that nature.

.certainly not a blockbuster..but we do have a stockpile at shooting guard..Bradley is young enough to play 30+minutes and you also have Terry/Barbosa

Danny is not trading someone like Sullinger for a mediocre talent like Gortat.

Gortat is better than Sullinger and we're in win now mode. Sullinger is never going to be a star player. He's a role player at best.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
This rumor started on the internet yesterday and is very unsubstantiated and consequently, highly unlikey:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

I guess stranger things have happened.

sorry but this internet trade rumor is definitely possible unsubstantiated or not. Lakers are in immediate need of a change plus get rid of Gasol and the Celtics until a few games ago were in dire need of a change also. Sac has Cousins but the team still remains avg.

Doubt they would stop after this trade , and trade Gasol and Terry for more youth and picks.

Lakers prob are hesistant bc they want to be the team that gets Cousins =]. But Brooks would really help them out right now and Robinson would be a good fit for their up and tempo system.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:48 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I am 100% sure the Celtics are going to do everything in their power to make sure Avery stays put. They are not getting rid of the guy who has re-energized the defense.

In fact what the Celtics are probably going to do is see what happens when Wilcox comes back. They are building up momentum and confidence these last two games. Why make a trade and have to mix it up mid-season?

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 08:12:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
delete