Author Topic: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source  (Read 28936 times)

Re: Blockbuster deal to come possibly: source
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2013, 10:19:41 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
We should really understand one thing...if ever there were to be a "blockbuster" trade in the works, the first person to break this news WOULD NOT BE SHERROD BLAKELY.

L O L. I couldn't agree more.

It's not "build around Bradley and Sully."  It's build around Rondo, Bradley, and Sully.  There's a fairly significant difference there.

It's like saying the Cavs are building around Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson.

AND GREEN. But yeah you're spot on there. Actually a starting 5 of Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully and _____ looks like a 4-5 seed to me. If you plug in a capable center and give a solid bench that team probably looks a lot like the Pacers do now talent-wise. They are 20-14 and hold the 4th seed in the East.

I fully expect the deal to involve Bass, Green, Lee and draft picks for a big guy not named Demarcus Cousins.

That is $20M and draft picks so I guess you're talking about Pau Gasol? The only other guy making that much $ and on the market is Amare Stoudemire. Jefferson?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:26:04 AM by nostar »

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2013, 10:25:07 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Here's another dumb report that results from Sherrod's no team / no player 'blockbuster' report.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-celtics-making-a-blockbuster-trade/

Man, really frustrating......
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2013, 01:32:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Put this is another thread, but I really think it is a reasonable trade for all 3 teams.

Boston gets Cousins, Robinson, Brooks
Memphis gets Evans, Salmons, Bass
Sacramento gets Gay, Rondo, Melo

Seems to fit what all three teams need/want from a trade.

Boston would then have a playoff rotation of
Guards - Terry, Bradley, Lee, Brooks/Barbosa
Wings - Pierce, Green
Bigs - Garnett, Cousins, Robinson, Sullinger
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2013, 01:37:02 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Put this is another thread, but I really think it is a reasonable trade for all 3 teams.

Wings - Pierce, Green

Net for the Celts is Rondo for Cousins. Not gonna happen.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

Wings - Pierce, Green

Net for the Celts is Rondo for Cousins. Not gonna happen.
Thomas Robinson is nothing to sneeze at.  Very high potential there as well and one of Robinson or Sully is bound to hit if not both (you then move the other). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2013, 03:26:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Why is everyone making such a big deal of the fact that we cut two players a day before their contracts became guaranteed?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:33 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Why is everyone making such a big deal of the fact that we cut two players a day before their contracts became guaranteed?
One word: Sherrod
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2013, 03:30:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
One word: Sherrod

Yeah.  The Heat cut two players within the past 72 hours, as well.  Where's their blockbuster?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:48 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
Here is the explanation, finally....

Patrick Gilroy Clarifies DeMarcus Cousins Report On 1510 NBC Sports Radio

Patrick Gilroy, co-host of "The NBA on NBA Boston Radio Program," joined the Bawstin Diehards on AM 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston on Monday morning to clarify his report from Sunday evening regarding the Boston Celtics' pursuit of Sacramento Kings' star center DeMarcus Cousins.

Said Gilroy: "The story is this -- there is no secret that, despite the fact that the Celtics have won two in a row and Avery Bradley has had an instant impact defensively, that Danny Ainge is looking to make a deal. When he gets an itchy trigger finger, watch out -- this is what he does. Over the last two, three, four days, he's reached out to a handful of teams. His number one choice is not DeMarcus Cousins, his number one choice is Anderson Varejao, and Cleveland is not ready to part with him -- they think he's a big part of what they want to do in Cleveland. They think they've got a bright young future, and he's more likely to stay. DeMarcus Cousins, on the other hand, despite what you hear coming out of Sacramento, is miserable there. He's a head case, he's got issues and he's unhappy. The Maloof's are looking to rid themselves of the team, the potential problems, and he is very much out there and available for the right price.

"So we had Chris Mannix on the show on Saturday and he said that the Celtics were interested, but he didn't think that they had enough to sort of lure him here. That being said, [Sunday] night, A. Sherrod Blakely [of Comcast SportsNet New England] comes out with a report, Steve Bulpett [of the Boston Herald] comes out with a report saying Danny Ainge is looking at DeMarcus Cousins potentially again after they released a couple of their players. I went out and I called some of my sources and my sources confirmed exactly the same thing -- the only new piece of information was that Danny would 'potentially pull the trigger as soon as right away if he were willing to change his mind and give up Avery Bradley in a potential deal for DeMarcus Cousins.' Danny is trying to sell the league on Courtney Lee, and the league is not buying what Danny is selling. So Avery Bradley is the sticking point in the Celtics potentially acquiring a talent like DeMarcus Cousins, and there my friends is the story."

Listen to Gilroy's entire interview with the Bawstin Diehards on Monday on 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston by clicking on this link. Gilroy co-hosts "The NBA on NBC Boston Radio Program" with Jeff Hickman on 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston on Saturday's from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. ET.

http://www.nbaonnbc.com/profiles/blogs/patrick-gilroy-clarify-s-demarcus-cousins-report-on-1510-nbc
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Here is the explanation, finally....

Patrick Gilroy Clarifies DeMarcus Cousins Report On 1510 NBC Sports Radio

Patrick Gilroy, co-host of "The NBA on NBA Boston Radio Program," joined the Bawstin Diehards on AM 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston on Monday morning to clarify his report from Sunday evening regarding the Boston Celtics' pursuit of Sacramento Kings' star center DeMarcus Cousins.

Said Gilroy: "The story is this -- there is no secret that, despite the fact that the Celtics have won two in a row and Avery Bradley has had an instant impact defensively, that Danny Ainge is looking to make a deal. When he gets an itchy trigger finger, watch out -- this is what he does. Over the last two, three, four days, he's reached out to a handful of teams. His number one choice is not DeMarcus Cousins, his number one choice is Anderson Varejao, and Cleveland is not ready to part with him -- they think he's a big part of what they want to do in Cleveland. They think they've got a bright young future, and he's more likely to stay. DeMarcus Cousins, on the other hand, despite what you hear coming out of Sacramento, is miserable there. He's a head case, he's got issues and he's unhappy. The Maloof's are looking to rid themselves of the team, the potential problems, and he is very much out there and available for the right price.

"So we had Chris Mannix on the show on Saturday and he said that the Celtics were interested, but he didn't think that they had enough to sort of lure him here. That being said, [Sunday] night, A. Sherrod Blakely [of Comcast SportsNet New England] comes out with a report, Steve Bulpett [of the Boston Herald] comes out with a report saying Danny Ainge is looking at DeMarcus Cousins potentially again after they released a couple of their players. I went out and I called some of my sources and my sources confirmed exactly the same thing -- the only new piece of information was that Danny would 'potentially pull the trigger as soon as right away if he were willing to change his mind and give up Avery Bradley in a potential deal for DeMarcus Cousins.' Danny is trying to sell the league on Courtney Lee, and the league is not buying what Danny is selling. So Avery Bradley is the sticking point in the Celtics potentially acquiring a talent like DeMarcus Cousins, and there my friends is the story."

Listen to Gilroy's entire interview with the Bawstin Diehards on Monday on 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston by clicking on this link. Gilroy co-hosts "The NBA on NBC Boston Radio Program" with Jeff Hickman on 1510 NBC Sports Radio Boston on Saturday's from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. ET.

http://www.nbaonnbc.com/profiles/blogs/patrick-gilroy-clarify-s-demarcus-cousins-report-on-1510-nbc

I don't think that's even remotely credible.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2013, 03:58:26 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
That block of text explained nothing. Jeez I wish people shut up unless there is real news to report.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
That block of text explained nothing. Jeez I wish people shut up unless there is real news to report.

That "block" of text explained exactly why it was reported by NBA on NBC Boston's twitter account. Whether it is credible or not is a different story.

I wish people would shut up and not comment just to throw in a worthless comment.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

That "block" of text explained exactly why it was reported by NBA on NBC Boston's twitter account. Whether it is credible or not is a different story.

I wish people would shut up and not comment just to throw in a worthless comment.
I'm speaking of the greater context as well as that article. It was already explained that everybody was running off hearsay and speculation. Also I don't comment just to comment. Somebody shouldn't get worked up over what has really turned out to be nothing.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2013, 04:11:27 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Did he also explain why he was including Jeff Green in the trade rumors last night, when he can't be traded for another week plus?

« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2013, 05:10:13 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown

Did he also explain why he was including Jeff Green in the trade rumors last night, when he can't be traded for another week plus?

Hey, don't kill the messenger. To be honest, everyone starts out as being untenable until they break a few stories that turn out to be true. I guess I could careless if the information he is giving is logical or not. The purpose of me sharing this is to shed some light as to why the report came out in the first place.
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
Coach - Rick Carlisle