Author Topic: Kris Joseph/Varnado waived? What's next?  (Read 21101 times)

Re: Kris Joseph/Varnado waived? What's next?
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:18 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
@mark37_14: is there any truth to a 3-way trade with #celtics lakers and kings i saw the trade rumor on a fan page.” -> #dontbelievedahype

@SherrodbCSN twitter

what was the rumor?

Sounded a little whacked to me but:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

Started yesterday as very unsubstantiated and implausible rumor.

Hate to say good-bye to Sully and Bradley. Unlikely.

Doesn't work on the trade machine.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=akcegfs
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
Nothing is imminent, but the Boston Celtics are definitely a team to keep an eye on as the trade deadline approaches.

If a trade happens, I bet its something smaller scale...like  for someone like Dalembert

« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2013, 08:12:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Nothing is imminent, but the Boston Celtics are definitely a team to keep an eye on as the trade deadline approaches.

If a trade happens, I bet its something smaller scale...like  for someone like Dalembert

or lee and bass for okafor

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2013, 08:13:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411

Dalembert?? Lol, rather have Collins..this would be a very small trade which would NOT help us one bit
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Got me all excited for nothing!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It works when you account for the money saved from waiving Joseph/Varnado.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #66 on: January 06, 2013, 08:22:12 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
From @SherrodbCSN : "league sources confirmed that there's "growing" interest in Courtney Lee"

Lee and Sully for Gortat?
Its a silly question don't know all about trades/salary and all that but is there a certain date trades have to be made or can they happen anytime?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
From @SherrodbCSN : "league sources confirmed that there's "growing" interest in Courtney Lee"

Lee and Sully for Gortat?
Its a silly question don't know all about trades/salary and all that but is there a certain date trades have to be made or can they happen anytime?

You can trade players anytime before the deadline Feb 21st. You can't sign a player and trade him right off that's why we can't trade Bass or Green until the 15th.

I think...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #68 on: January 06, 2013, 08:28:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
@mark37_14: is there any truth to a 3-way trade with #celtics lakers and kings i saw the trade rumor on a fan page.” -> #dontbelievedahype

@SherrodbCSN twitter

what was the rumor?

Sounded a little whacked to me but:

"The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics. Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer."

Started yesterday as very unsubstantiated and implausible rumor.

Hate to say good-bye to Sully and Bradley. Unlikely.

Substitute 'reke for Garcia, and it works! THAT I'd do!!!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=avxzvts

« Reply #69 on: January 06, 2013, 08:29:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I could see the Celtics being involved in a blockbuster as a third team.  For example, there's a rumor of a possibly Varejao-to-Minny trade, but that the Cleveland doesn't want Derrick Williams.  I am pessimistic about Boston's ability to offer enough to get Varejao, but perhaps Ainge can nab that unwanted mid-level player in a big deal by offering up something like Lee and a first-rounder.  Not for Williams, though.  I am just using him as an example of an opening.

If you could flip Lee for a center worth more than the minimum but paid less than the MLE and a wing who is a downgrade on Lee as a bench guard but probably a defensive upgrade on Lee as a small forward against bigger players, would you do it?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2013, 08:31:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
not sure if is legit at all, but just for fun...

NBAFLASHNEWS ‏@NBAFLASHNEWS

The Boston Celtics are being linked to a blockbuster trade that will involve Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass.

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:03 PM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides

I could see the Celtics being involved in a blockbuster as a third team.  For example, there's a rumor of a possibly Varejao-to-Minny trade, but that the Cleveland doesn't want Derrick Williams.  I am pessimistic about Boston's ability to offer enough to get Varejao, but perhaps Ainge can nab that unwanted mid-level player in a big deal by offering up something like Lee and a first-rounder.  Not for Williams, though.  I am just using him as an example of an opening.

If you could flip Lee for a center worth more than the minimum but paid less than the MLE and a wing who is a downgrade on Lee as a bench guard but probably a defensive upgrade on Lee as a small forward against bigger players, would you do it?

Derrick Williams and Jeff Green on the same team?
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

The Boston Celtics are being linked to a blockbuster trade that will involve Courtney Lee and Brandon Bass.

Blockbusters are getting lamer and lamer.

;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2013, 08:34:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

you gotta love these rumors from ridiculous twitter handles like @NBASOURCESUPDATE lol
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2013, 08:36:50 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Doesn't non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed in couple of days? Celtics appear to be clearing roster spots for future signings who can help the team than keep dead weight at the end of the bench. I wouldn't rule out a trade though. But its way too early to be speculating however.