Author Topic: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol  (Read 7812 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
nope. this is the worse trade ever. pau is not even a center, as good as he is, hes regressed and has turned into a jump shooting power forward. we already have a couple of those.

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:39 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Discussion.

Not a chance.

Next discussion.

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:52 PM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
No just no.

In all honesty i could almost see them trading gasol for bargns so dantoni gets that stretch 4 he wants

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 06:08:48 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
No, Absolutely No.

we need Pierce to win another title, Gasol is soft, Plus -does Celtic loyalty and tradition mean nothing to you ?
Despite Danny's efforts to ruin it, I still want Boston to be the one unique franchise in the league, just a little different and special from everyone else and i want Pierce to retire here along with KG and someday, Rondo.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 06:18:50 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
No, Absolutely No.

we need Pierce to win another title, Gasol is soft, Plus -does Celtic loyalty and tradition mean nothing to you ?
Despite Danny's efforts to ruin it, I still want Boston to be the one unique franchise in the league, just a little different and special from everyone else and i want Pierce to retire here along with KG and someday, Rondo.

TP

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I wouldn't but I'd probably think really hard about it before I did. Gasol would thrive in our system. He'd look 5 years younger next to Garnett and he'd probably have the offense run through him more than he ever did in L.A. Rondo would do more for him than Nash has.

Furthermore Gasol would go a long way in giving Miami trouble. I think the trade would be better for the Celtics on paper but in practice who knows. Pierce is a leader for us and trading away a leader, regardless of their statistical contributions, has ramifications.

Also this trade has been proposed about 15 times in the past 2 years. Last year it made way more sense because our entire front line went down except Garnett and Bass. Now we have Sully and we'll have Wilcox back. Oh and Collins I guess. It makes less sense this year.

As for the Bass/Lee/Green trade I'd do that instantly. Gasol makes us the best starting 5 in the East and the hit to our bench is minimal because Green and Lee haven't been huge contributors yet. The issue would be our backup SF spot and since I'm sure we're not going to rely on Kris Jospeh we'd have to make another trade. Maybe a 3-team deal could net us Gasol and a reasonable backup SF. That would be worth exploring probably.

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wow, do fans just like to trade people? SERIOUSLY, SHUTUP already. Why do you want to trade, first tell me that. Next, Even if we crush our opponents, you want to trade them. Seriously, are you (all of the people who keep proposing beyond garbage trade proposals) stupid, or just trolling?

Do you people not realize that Pierce is still our leader? On the court and in the locker room, as he proved against the hawks during half time and the second half.

Do you people not realize that trading away will completely ruin any and all chemistry, which severely hurts our chances of winning a championship this year?
You people are ridiculous!

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 06:30:44 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no... And guess what else? No!
I wouldn't trade Paul alone for the entire Lakers team, let alone including Collins for that softy.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:48 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Gettin hammered here, koz.   
You really a Pau guy or did you just want to watch everyone freak out?

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 07:04:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LoL ...Trade my Captn to the Lakers.  I couldn't live with that at all...... I'd be scard to turn on the TV and see him a Lakers uniform....I might cut my throat.  I could live with him going anywhere , but the HEAT or fakers

I would trade Green/LEE /Barbosa/Collins  for Gasol  though.   WIN -WIN

Lakers could use all three in their new offense , and we could use Gasol as a CENTER in the PAINT where he belongs, not outside shooting three's.

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
What about the 15,000 fans at the garden with pierce jerseys on?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 08:38:10 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
And then we trade Rondo, Bradley and Bass for Kobe and Nash.

We'll just exchange teams. And then this will be the time i'll root for the Fakers.

Just could not stand Kobe
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 09:40:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm in. I say make the deal.

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 01:55:39 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
No way but bass lee and green for gasol makes sense for both teams.

It doesn't. The Lakers will not trade for a player or players with longer contract(s) than Gasol -- they're preserving space for summer of 2014.

This is what's standing in the way or Bargnani and Calderon for Gasol, perhaps among other things. The Lakers are not signing up for 3-4 years of middle of the road role players in a trade for Pau.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)