Author Topic: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol  (Read 7858 times)

Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:05:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Discuss.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No way but bass lee and green for gasol makes sense for both teams.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
And put Jeff Green at sf?  wow

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:18:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
It doesn't, because the only way to accommodate Gasol's salary slot is to dump Pierce or another contract of comparable magnitude (he's signed for $19,000,000 this season).

So the question is, indeed, is putting Green at the starting SF slot worth taking a chance on Gasol's knees? Could it be addition by substraction?

edit: Just saw you actually tossed Lee in the equation. Don't like that version, we're left with not enough bodies, and I think it's a less feasible scenario, since I don't think Gasol will be available for a pile of spare parts.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:24:13 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 04:20:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I'd be thrilled with this. Three 15-20 mpg role players for a top big.  Makes us much better and makes the Lakers worse. Perfect.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 04:22:06 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
It doesn't, because the only way to accommodate Gasol's salary slot is to dump Pierce or another contract of comparable magnitude (he's signed for $19,000,000 this season).

So the question is, indeed, is putting Green at the starting SF slot worth taking a chance on Gasol's knees? Could it be addition by substraction?

It's a silly argument because there is no way Green/Bass/Lee get Gasol, but I think they do add up to a bout 19m in salary. It would work on that front.

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 04:24:10 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
The only player I trade pierce for that is rumored to be available is Gay and maybe cousins.  Gasol is not only lost in the Lakers system, but he seems to have lost his confidence and he is on the decline overall

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

It's a silly argument because there is no way Green/Bass/Lee get Gasol, but I think they do add up to a bout 19m in salary. It would work on that front.
Yeah, didn't see that Lee was in the lot.

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
So we are just going to discount what PP does? We are going to put our team on Gasol or Green's back in the playoffs (hahaha Green)? Green is definitely going to score equally to Lebroid in most of a 7 game series. We need someone who could go out and get us 10pts in a row if needed and be cold blooded in the clutch... yea, I trust Green (hahaha) and Gasol to do that. 0.0 Sure, that might be an okay team but it definitely is missing a star player (I know we have KG and RR but as good as they are, they aren't PP on offense and you need a PP, LeBroid, and Jordan type player to win chips).

I'll pass!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:41:55 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Everything would change offensively.  You'd be getting 15 more points a night from the frontcourt.  If Green played some D and scored 12-15 a night it would be fine. Package Sully for Gay?  Anyway, why would LA do this?  To make them older and smaller?

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »

Offline celtsfan619

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
living in LA with a dad who is a die hard laker fan i end up watching some laker games and if you are frustrated with our bigs right now i guarantee that you will be just as frustrated with gasoft. he looks horrible. all he does is chuck up threes and brick them all. he brings absolutely no low post presence because his knees and feet are shot and he isn't as quick or agile as before so he just camps out in the perimeter being a non factor

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:59:04 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
have yall seen Pau Gasol dis year? rofl hell naw to dis deal. yall really wont appreciate Pierce til he's gone

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
nothing to discuss cause you are joking....right?

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Everything would change offensively.  You'd be getting 15 more points a night from the frontcourt.  If Green played some D and scored 12-15 a night it would be fine. Package Sully for Gay?  Anyway, why would LA do this?  To make them older and smaller?

You can't just plug Green into the starting lineup and think he is going to get the same 15pts he got with OKC... what about the clog our paint is going to have when you add guys who aren't good at scoring on the perimeter? Jeff Green and Pau aren't good from outside, neither is RR, so you have 3 guys who need to be inside to score? That's not going to work! You can't just take numbers and plug them in and think that's a team that will work. RR will then have NO room to operate, KG won't be open nearly as much b/c teams can focus more on him. KG is great from 18 in but he isn't a threat from 3 often, so he's pretty much another clog close to the paint.... where is the spacing?? I'm sorry but that is a jumbled mess of a team on offense. I don't see that working.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:58 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
In short, no.
To give an elaborative answer, no.