Author Topic: Whats with all these trade ideas after wins?  (Read 5598 times)

Re: Whats with all these trade ideas after wins?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 11:08:17 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
After two wins we are suddenly "clicking"... a mediocre team tends to win half their games.  We could get blown out in our next game and everyone who is saying we are "clicking" will be right back on the "trade everyone!" panic mobile.   I like to cut out the middle man and stay the course with facts... I don't care about a couple random wins.  This team has problems.  I hope we can fix them through trades. 

Danny once made a major trade after a 5 game win streak.  Luckily he's not as wishywashy as Celtic fans.  I feel the same way about this team today as I did last week... we have too many backup shooting guards and not enough starting big men.  Two wins isn't going to change Danny's goal.

I haven't changed my mind based on our current two game win streak, and I didn't change my mind after our recent embarrassing four game losing streak.  I've never thought that this team's ceiling is mediocrity. 

And, I'm not going to panic and call to "trade everyone!"  This is, and was always, a good team.  I'm hoping that we are finally starting to click.  I don't expect us to get the through the rest of the regular season without some more poor moments.  I'm willing to accept those as part of a grueling 82 game season.  We'll be right there when it matters, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 11:12:51 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
One win or one loss shouldn't change whether or not to make a trade.

tp

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:54 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Because right or wrong wins increase the trade value of some and we could still use a trade, 2 wins doesn't change that

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 10:02:34 PM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
After two wins we are suddenly "clicking"... a mediocre team tends to win half their games.  We could get blown out in our next game and everyone who is saying we are "clicking" will be right back on the "trade everyone!" panic mobile.   I like to cut out the middle man and stay the course with facts... I don't care about a couple random wins.  This team has problems.  I hope we can fix them through trades. 

Danny once made a major trade after a 5 game win streak.  Luckily he's not as wishywashy as Celtic fans.  I feel the same way about this team today as I did last week... we have too many backup shooting guards and not enough starting big men.  Two wins isn't going to change Danny's goal.

agreed.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

SGs are fine, it's the PF redundancy that is the problem, so if you want a big, your priority has to be to trade a big, like Bass. If a SG is needed to make the deal happen, then you do it. But the problem is not having too many SGs, the problem is having too many PFs without centers, and PFs in particular that can't play with each other.

Having too many SGs would only be a problem if we didn't have roster spaces available to add players... but we do.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 10:24:07 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

SGs are fine, it's the PF redundancy that is the problem, so if you want a big, your priority has to be to trade a big, like Bass. If a SG is needed to make the deal happen, then you do it. But the problem is not having too many SGs, the problem is having too many PFs without centers, and PFs in particular that can't play with each other.

Having too many SGs would only be a problem if we didn't have roster spaces available to add players... but we do.

yep. that too.
LET'S GO CELTICS!