Author Topic: Absolute, impressive, definitive, statement win tonight  (Read 13021 times)

Re: Absolute, impressive, definitive, statement win tonight
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Now let's keep it going. Discuss.
who hacked Vinnie's account?  We have an impostor posting something positive about the C's   ;)

loved the second half.  combination of much tougher D and Hawks being a 'dumb' team that doesn't know enough to jack up bad shots when they're in a downward slide.

As I have said many times, I don't disappear when this team wins. The Celtics have been my favorite team since Johnny Most. Go, Celts.
no doubts about your loyalty Vinnie.  You've been here through thick and thin.  Just enjoying a positive post from you this season.

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I wuz drinking me sum beer and watching my boy Avery  beast n dat D

git none better dat

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
crank up that trade value boys... 10 days till the shoppin begins.

Not if we keep playing like these past two games.

I think a trade is still coming and hope that Green is going

We're still under .500... a couple wins is inevitable.  All part of the ebbs and flow of a mediocre ballclub.  You win some and you lose some.   Hopefully we can make a move before the deadline to fix this roster's greater concerns.

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 10:03:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
So what's the consensus on Bradley at this point?  Mini Bruce Bowen?  Poor man's Tony Allen?  Is he rusty?  Is this what we can expect from him long-term?  Is he the Kendrick Perkins of undersized shooting guards?... someone whose contributions never show up on the stat sheet, but his defensive impact makes him a crucial role player?

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 10:04:48 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
So what's the consensus on Bradley at this point?  Mini Bruce Bowen?  Poor man's Tony Allen?  Is he rusty?  Is this what we can expect from him long-term?  Is he the Kendrick Perkins of undersized shooting guards?... someone whose contributions never show up on the stat sheet, but his defensive impact makes him a crucial role player?

Tony Allen with a brain?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Tony Allen with a brain?

That's what I was calling him last year... Poor man's Tony Allen without the mental lapses.  He's smaller than Tony and probably not as good offensively (not that Tony was/is much of an offensive player either)

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 10:08:12 PM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
A few things I noticed after watching Q3 &Q4.

1. Green should/needs to be more dominant on BOTH sides of the Ball!! The C's bench play and domination of other benches is strictly dependent on Him!

2. Courtney Lee is STILL lost on offense, there was a play in the the Q3 where Terry had to push him out from just standing there. DOC make sure that he knows what to do!

3. Avery does make a difference!

4. Sullinger is a GREAT rookie and hustles.

5. I'd still love to have Fab Melo on the 2nd unit instead of Wilcox/Jason Collins. Much more of a defensive presence.

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

GOD

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 10:10:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Avery Bradley can be a two way player.

Bradley shouldn't be restricted to comparisons to players like Tony Allen and Bruce Bowen. It's premature. It looks like Bradley already has (small sample size though) better shooting ability than TA and better ball-handling and passing than Bowen.

Give Bradley some more time to figure things out offensively and see if he can add some shot-creation / dribble penetration to his current repertoire of offensive moves. He has more upside than a one way player (defender) with a limited offensive game.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 10:13:05 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Tommy point for vinnie.

Absolutely cracking 3rd quarter. Wow.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 10:13:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Just got home...LOVE IT!

In the words of ESPN's Stuart Scott - "Boston must be butter, 'cause they're on a roll", lol...

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 10:24:12 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Tony Allen with a brain?

That's what I was calling him last year... Poor man's Tony Allen without the mental lapses.  He's smaller than Tony and probably not as good offensively (not that Tony was/is much of an offensive player either)

When Tony was Bradley's age he was still playing college ball.  We shouldn't be fooled by Bradley's missing a bucket or two in his first three games back, he just kicked into full team practices a couple of weeks ago after not playing for the better part of a year. 

Originally the thought had been to tune him up for a couple of games in Maine, but he came back so strong that Doc immediately put him in the starting lineup.

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 10:27:51 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Avery's going to take a while to get his shooting touch. Three games is too early to judge him. It took him a while when he started getting regular minutes last season.

The best part about Avery is his infectious effect on the rest of the team. He inspires better defense out of everyone.

Rondo, Lee and even Terry are defending better with Avery out there giving his heart into every possession.

His defense is game changing not because of his individual skill, but his effort is like KG's- it's contagious.

People forget that this was a team built for the playoffs- no one cares what their record is so long as they make the final 8.
Once they get there, then the real season starts.

Avery has plenty of time to get into a groove and start finishing  easy shots.

Sullinger is looking awesome- he just bangs with anybody and his IQ is through the roof. Combine that with his defensive improvement and intelligence on defense and for me he's making up for the less than inspiring play of Green...

Jeff Green is still stirring up a disappointment factor- it's really frustrating to see a guy with the physical tools he has just make mistakes continuously and under perform.
He needs medication of some kind and I hope they're looking into those options. His focus and concentration are just atrocious at times. He's just lost.

Lee is doing dirty work and improving. For 5 million a year I'm really happy with him.

Terry's been pretty much useless and Barbosa chooses to not defend or run any of Doc's offense so he's warming the pine and probably will be unless we have some injuries.

One thing that is clicking is the defense. It's getting great.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 10:33:00 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
This team better not start playing with my heart....go one way or the other

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
crank up that trade value boys... 10 days till the shoppin begins.

Not if we keep playing like these past two games.

I think a trade is still coming and hope that Green is going
Honestly I would rather move Terry.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19