Author Topic: What can we get for Jason Terry?  (Read 7501 times)

Re: What can we get for Jason Terry?
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
You people are so funny... Terry did late, in this game, what we should expect in the playoffs, hit a couple big ones at the end! Not only that but his D was EXCELLENT in the 4th, that is why Doc kept him in! Terry is who we will need in the playoffs, a guy with the (you know what), who will give what we need in crunch-time when it matters most! I'm glad y'all don't run this team!
I like Terry but if we can get a good big with Terry at the center of a package I think you do it. I would give Terry up in any deal for Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Marcin Gortat, Anderson Varejao, Nene or Cousins.

Terry is valuable but our best lineup has Avery Bradley and not him. If we can get someone who will start at the 5 for us for Terry I move him.

Why would any of those non contenders want to give up a young ,legit big man for a 33 year old sg?

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 11:01:55 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Once again this thread forgets that 3 point shooting and guys that space the floor are actually rather important.

Packaging terry for a second rate big man makes pierce our solitary long range threat and pretty much erases chances to contend right there and then.

smh.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 09:57:41 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
You people are so funny... Terry did late, in this game, what we should expect in the playoffs, hit a couple big ones at the end! Not only that but his D was EXCELLENT in the 4th, that is why Doc kept him in! Terry is who we will need in the playoffs, a guy with the (you know what), who will give what we need in crunch-time when it matters most! I'm glad y'all don't run this team!
I like Terry but if we can get a good big with Terry at the center of a package I think you do it. I would give Terry up in any deal for Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Marcin Gortat, Anderson Varejao, Nene or Cousins.

Terry is valuable but our best lineup has Avery Bradley and not him. If we can get someone who will start at the 5 for us for Terry I move him.

Basically I agree with this. I really want no part of trading Terry if we still intend to make a decent playoff run this year; however, acquiring a very good big without giving up our best assets would make a lot of sense. I don't know that this is a possibility and I like the idea of having him on our team in crunch time, but a center is much more important right now.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 10:27:10 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Why would any of those non contenders want to give up a young ,legit big man for a 33 year old sg?
According to an article by Zach Lowe, Memphis is looking for three point shooting and bench scoring and to get under the tax for Rudy Gay. The contenders would get Gay, that's why they would be interested.

If you like I can post trades along these lines, for your entertainment.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 11:07:58 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Terry and Lee remain our most movable pieces of the mid-level guys (Terry, Lee, Bass, Green), and the fact that is that they also both play the deepest position on our team. So, if we're going to move a veteran player for a veteran big, it's obviously likely to include one of the two.

I think the most interesting question for csbloggers is: who would you rather keep? Personally, I'd rather have Lee as I tend to keep an eye on our future make up, and feel Terry's play and therefore tradability is likely to go down. I think Lee is looking better and better.

Regardless, I continue to think that a deal that sends Rudy Gay to PHX, Gortat to BOS, and Dudley and either Terry or Lee as well as full immediate relief from the lux tax to MEM, makes all kinds of sense for all teams involved.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
When the pressure is on in crunch time Terry is a man you want on your team.

When the pressure is on in crunch time, I want Avery Bradley playing SG.

Oh yeah? How about in a hypothetical game 5 with the score tied at 87 and 1:47 to play? That scenario is precisely why the JET was brought to town

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

No, I wouldn't trade one of the best 3p shooters of all time and of the most clutch players for a second rate big. He has heart, soul and hustle. 3 things that don't show on the stupid statline. KG and another big are useless if we lose reliable 3p shooting and worthy defense at the 2 other than that of Bradley.

I mean c'mon. Even after two CELTIC wins you wanna trade Sully and Terry, the two most hardworking guys on the team. Come the **** on, the guy got a tattoo. Not to mention the will to throw up after seeing those KG + PP for Gasol + Artest trade ideas.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 11:59:17 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

Hmmm.. a guy who is excellent defensively and limited on offense vs one of the greatest 3p-shooters off all time with good defense?

Which one to choose... Hm...
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Thank you!  Terry will be extremely important in the playoffs.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Oh yeah? How about in a hypothetical game 5 with the score tied at 87 and 1:47 to play? That scenario is precisely why the JET was brought to town

Offense flows from defense and I want a strong defensive unit on the floor.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 07:50:31 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Bradley's one dimensional defensive approach is more desirable than Terry's one dimensional offensive approach.

In Bradley's first time in an NBA rotation, he shot 50/40/80% and 50/46/80 as a starter.  I don't see why AB can't be a solid offensive player along with his stellar defense.  He's good around the rim, has a strong mid-range game, and hits the three.

Unless his shooting accuracy last year was a fluke, I expect Bradley to become a solid scorer in the league. 67% of his hoops last year were assisted.  With his quickness and strength, I expect him to create a bit more for himself as he gets more seasons under his belt.   Lot's of upside here.