Author Topic: What can we get for Jason Terry?  (Read 7506 times)

What can we get for Jason Terry?
« on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:33 PM »

LEHGOCELTICS

Any takers for this guy? He's redundant with Lee as our backup SG.

Re: What can we get for Jason Terry?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 09:16:35 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
a top 55 protected pick  lol.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
a top 55 protected pick  lol.

A 2023 Top 55 protected pick.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 09:52:22 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Would you take Luke Walton or Linas Kleiza back?  What about the currently injured and out until February Steve Blake?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I wouldn't trade him unless I could get a VERY high calibre player in return.

If we keep playing like we have the last two games and we make the playoffs, then you will understand why. When the pressure is on in crunch time Terry is a man you want on your team.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 10:03:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
When the pressure is on in crunch time Terry is a man you want on your team.

When the pressure is on in crunch time, I want Avery Bradley playing SG.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bradley, Terry, Lee and Barbosa are all redundant backup shooting guards.  But I guess in this system if you're forced to start one... Bradley's one dimensional defensive approach is more desirable than Terry's one dimensional offensive approach.

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06:22 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
JET ..will be MORE VALUABLE when he is USED LIKE he is accustomed too........ JET is not a guy to play LOTS of minutes ....He is used to BREAK the back of the opponent ...you get a lead and then put him to drive the nails in the coffin.  Or put him in to take the game winning shots.   He has a max time of about 6 minutes , before he turns back into a horrible , short , old guy , giving up to much of everything to young kids.

Use JET when things are LOOKING GOOD ... not when your down , he gets abused.

Jet likes to pile on ...his confidence rides with the flow of the team....IF the team is catching a run ...put JET in to add to the punishment.... thats how the MAV's used him.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 10:22:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
JET ..will be MORE VALUABLE when he is USED LIKE he is accustomed too........ JET is not a guy to play LOTS of minutes ....

Jason Terry is used to playing 30+ mpg, even when primarily coming off the bench.

When Eddie House was a Celtic, he used to play 17-19 mpg.  I think Terry's numbers should be closer to 20mpg than 30.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 10:23:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
JET ..will be MORE VALUABLE when he is USED LIKE he is accustomed too........ JET is not a guy to play LOTS of minutes ....He is used to BREAK the back of the opponent ...you get a lead and then put him to drive the nails in the coffin.  Or put him in to take the game winning shots.   He has a max time of about 6 minutes , before he turns back into a horrible , short , old guy , giving up to much of everything to young kids.

Use JET when things are LOOKING GOOD ... not when your down , he gets abused.

Jet likes to pile on ...his confidence rides with the flow of the team....IF the team is catching a run ...put JET in to add to the punishment.... thats how the MAV's used him.

This is the least amount of MPG he has played since his rookie year. And that number will only decrease now that Bradley is back in the fold.

The Mavericks did not use him the way you describe. He was an integral part of their team.

Don't you remember one of his most memorable moments in a Mavs uniform was when they were down to the Heat in the finals, Wade just hit a corner three, James started celebrating, and Terry took exception to this and started jawing at them and then caught fire? You're basically calling him a frontrunner and that couldn't be further from the truth.

Curious to see why you remember Terry this way.

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
You people are so funny... Terry did late, in this game, what we should expect in the playoffs, hit a couple big ones at the end! Not only that but his D was EXCELLENT in the 4th, that is why Doc kept him in! Terry is who we will need in the playoffs, a guy with the (you know what), who will give what we need in crunch-time when it matters most! I'm glad y'all don't run this team!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What can we get for Jason Terry?

How about a clutch, Championship-Caliber Guard off the bench, with tons of playoff experience and savvy?

I don't think those grow on trees....

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 10:53:03 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
If we aren't blowing it up then there's no reason to trade Terry. We need his clutch shooting and floor spacing in the playoffs. Outside of PP he is really our only other 3pt shooter on the roster.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 10:53:41 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Why are we trying to get rid of players EVEN AFTER two bigs wins?

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 10:53:58 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
You people are so funny... Terry did late, in this game, what we should expect in the playoffs, hit a couple big ones at the end! Not only that but his D was EXCELLENT in the 4th, that is why Doc kept him in! Terry is who we will need in the playoffs, a guy with the (you know what), who will give what we need in crunch-time when it matters most! I'm glad y'all don't run this team!
I like Terry but if we can get a good big with Terry at the center of a package I think you do it. I would give Terry up in any deal for Al Jefferson, Paul Milsap, Marcin Gortat, Anderson Varejao, Nene or Cousins.

Terry is valuable but our best lineup has Avery Bradley and not him. If we can get someone who will start at the 5 for us for Terry I move him.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19