Author Topic: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol  (Read 7831 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Pierce + Collins for Pau Gasol
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2013, 02:04:45 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Aside from me wanting Pierce to retire a Celtic I still don't make this deal.

We lose way too much offensively. Pierce even at his age is still by far our best and most consistent offensive weapon. I don't see Gasol and Green being able to make up for that consistently night in and night out.

I just see us as a flat out worse team with no one to carry the scoring load come playoff time and leaves us with no one to take over a game or rely on to make a big shot or play

« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I'm sorry not enough value coming back to trade Paul Pierce. Let him retire a Celtic. 

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
think paul is a really good trade target for gasol, cos of his contract, fakers don't wanna add salary to 2014 when kobie expires unless it's a star or a cheap rookie, that's why a deal involving green, lee and bass is a total non starter.

think the c's would need to add sully to make the deal work, i would make rather a pierce deal for gasol than the rondo/gasol that was proposed last season which more ppl seem to be in favour of, guess pierce's everyone's binky.

think gasol is having trouble fitting in with dwight in d'antoni system, think he'll be much better here.

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Without commenting on the... merit... of this proposal, Pau Gasol is badly hobbled.

Trading for an old guy with bad knees and plantar fasciitis making 20mil a year... me no likey. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2013, 03:19:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Without commenting on the... merit... of this proposal, Pau Gasol is badly hobbled.

Trading for an old guy with bad knees and plantar fasciitis making 20mil a year... me no likey.
Well, for what it's worth, you're trading an oldER guy, albeit with less health issues, for him =).

It's not a no-brainer trade, and it is a trade in which we're giving up a lot -- which is precisely why I think it's an interesting topic to rack one's brain over. After all, where's the fun in rehashing the 2039508969th suggestion of Lee + Bass + Green for yet another budding all-star.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."