Author Topic: 2012 drafted rookies ranking so far  (Read 16098 times)

Re: 2012 drafted rookies ranking so far
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 02:39:14 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
1. Lillard
2. Davis
3. Barnes
4. Drummond
5. MKG
6. Ezeli
7. Waiters
8. Sully
9. Leonard
10. Nicholson

That's for right now.  By the end of the season, Davis will win ROY.

No Beal?

I really thought Beal was going to be better than he is.  That being said, I haven't watched the Wiz a whole lot this season, so I'm probably not the right guy to judge his performance.

Once Wall returns, I think Beal will play much, much better.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 06:54:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Drummond is >> than Ezeli.

Ezeli is doing his job as a center, clogging up the middle, rebounding and blocking shots. But in terms of any offensive help, he is not contributing

Drummond is doing everything ezeli is and scoring also. Pistons are on a run right now. Monroe and Drummond are looking like a dangerous front court combo

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Sully should be higher up now.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41:43 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Bggest Bust so far is Austin Rivers!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2013, 03:53:25 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Top ten in WS48 (using b-r.com's formula) among rookies with a minimum of 300 minutes played.

1. Andre Drummond
2. Jared Sullinger
3. John Henson
4. Anthony Davis
5. Meyers Leonard
6. Chris Copeland (undrafted)
7. Jonas Valanciunas (drafted in 2011)
8. Andrew Nicholson
9. Damian Lillard
10. Pablo Prigoni (undrafted)

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Top ten in WS48 (using b-r.com's formula) among rookies with a minimum of 300 minutes played.

1. Andre Drummond
2. Jared Sullinger
3. John Henson
4. Anthony Davis
5. Meyers Leonard
8. Andrew Nicholson
9. Damian Lillard
Copeland and Leonard ahead of Lilliard? How?

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

1. Andre Drummond
2. Jared Sullinger
3. John Henson
4. Anthony Davis
5. Meyers Leonard
8. Andrew Nicholson
9. Damian Lillard

Minutes played and usage. Lilliard spends more time against better players, and handles the ball more often. Its gonna hurt his efficiency a bit.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2013, 05:36:35 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Drummond and Lillard are CLEARLY the two front-runners. They have had the most impact on the court this year.

Davis has been good, but not as good as them. Sorry, but that's just the truth. Look at their games, look at their numbers. Davis has a higher ceiling than either of them, but as of the way they've played this year Davis just hasn't been as impactful a player as either of them.

If you are putting Davis as number 1, you are doing so out of potential, not out of what has actually happened this year.

So Davis I will put at 3. Sully and Kidd-Gilchrist should be next (the latter has been massively underrated by getting inconsistent minutes on a bad team).

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Drummond and Lillard are CLEARLY the two front-runners. They have had the most impact on the court this year.

Davis has been good, but not as good as them. Sorry, but that's just the truth. Look at their games, look at their numbers. Davis has a higher ceiling than either of them, but as of the way they've played this year Davis just hasn't been as impactful a player as either of them.

If you are putting Davis as number 1, you are doing so out of potential, not out of what has actually happened this year.

So Davis I will put at 3. Sully and Kidd-Gilchrist should be next (the latter has been massively underrated by getting inconsistent minutes on a bad team).
Agree Drummond and Lilard have been better than Davis so far.  I think Drummond may have a higher ceiling than Davis too.

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2013, 05:50:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Davis just strikes me as a guy who doesn't really want it that bad. I'm not really seeing the effort. He seems content to take his time and develop. He seems to be looking at Lopez and Ryan Anderson like "Wow. You guys are good. Hey Eric Gordon is good too." like he's trying to fit in or something. The guy should be showing killer instinct. He's not. It's like he's waiting for the HGH to kick in or something.

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Davis just strikes me as a guy who doesn't really want it that bad. I'm not really seeing the effort. He seems content to take his time and develop. He seems to be looking at Lopez and Ryan Anderson like "Wow. You guys are good. Hey Eric Gordon is good too." like he's trying to fit in or something. The guy should be showing killer instinct. He's not. It's like he's waiting for the HGH to kick in or something.

I haven't watched the Hornets a ton this season, but when I have, Davis has looked great.

He runs the floor well, has energy on defense, and seems to be a great teammate.  If the guy could add a jump hook and 20-25 pounds, he'd be a beast.

« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2013, 08:26:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

1. Andre Drummond
2. Jared Sullinger
3. John Henson
4. Anthony Davis
5. Meyers Leonard
8. Andrew Nicholson
9. Damian Lillard

Damian Lillard behind Meyers Leonard and Jonas Valanciunas.

If we needed more proof that WS per 48 is a severely flawed stat, we have it now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

1. Andre Drummond
2. Jared Sullinger
3. John Henson
4. Anthony Davis
5. Meyers Leonard
8. Andrew Nicholson
9. Damian Lillard

Minutes played and usage. Lilliard spends more time against better players, and handles the ball more often. Its gonna hurt his efficiency a bit.

It has more to do with Lilliard being an inefficient volume scorer whose shooting percentages resemble those of players like Jamal Crawford or Rudy Gay.  His stats do look a lot like Crawford with more assists and fewer free throws at a lower rate.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference