Author Topic: Courtney Lee, where's the love?  (Read 15293 times)

Re: Courtney Lee, where's the love?
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 10:54:41 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Since December Lee is shooting 3s well. Would like to see him hit more on wide open ones, but he's been making his shots.

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 11:09:05 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Since December Lee is shooting 3s well. Would like to see him hit more on wide open ones, but he's been making his shots.

That's what I mean.  And I think it has been a really underreported story during the teams winning streak.  All the love goes to Bradley and Sullinger...and rightfully so, they have sparked this team with their play.  But Lee's shooting combined with his defense has also played a huge role in the turnaround. 

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2013, 11:13:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That's what I mean.  And I think it has been a really underreported story during the teams winning streak.  All the love goes to Bradley and Sullinger...and rightfully so, they have sparked this team with their play.  But Lee's shooting combined with his defense has also played a huge role in the turnaround.

That's why I started this thread  :)

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 01:47:56 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Lee has not been given nearly enough credit.

He, Bradley and KG are the only ones on the team I can honestly say have been giving consistently high effort.  Rondo, Pierce and co. have been mediocre at best.  Wilcox and Sullinger have been close but really everyone else has been disappointing.

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 02:14:12 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lee is one of the players I wouldn't mind seeing stick around once the core has been scattered to the four winds.

But he's not essential or anything . . . if he must be traded to get more assets for the future, so be it.  But he's a valuable young player on a decent contract so we don't need to be in a rush to dump him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain