Author Topic: Courtney Lee, where's the love?  (Read 15292 times)

Re: Courtney Lee, where's the love?
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:55 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Aye, he was great. A shame that he and Terry seem to be on the opposite ends of their ups and downs. I hope they both are on the upswing at the same time soon.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 10:42:31 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Courney playing KILLER D,  if bradley isn't worrying the guards enough already , then DOc sends in LEE to wear the devil out of the opponents guards.... great way to keep the opponents worn out.

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
He's playing so well I don't want to trade him anymore lol  ;D

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:52 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Courney playing KILLER D,  if bradley isn't worrying the guards enough already , then DOc sends in LEE to wear the devil out of the opponents guards.... great way to keep the opponents worn out.

which is why I'm excited to see the Miami showdown, cuz we're gonna give Wade a lot of hell with the rotation of Bradley and Lee

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 11:08:24 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Loving him.  I think AB's return has raised the bar that Lee wants to play defense up to.  So glad his shot has been falling lately too
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lee has been great lately.  I'm quickly reaching the point where I really don't want to trade him.  Much rather part ways with Terry than get rid of Lee, who I think is a great compliment to both Bradley and Rondo.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 11:47:44 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
One aspect of Lee's game that has not drawn much attention is that he's actually, for the most part, also acting as the backup PG. Of course, he'll never be confused for a true playmaker, but his ability to bring the ball up without turning it over is commendable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 11:56:52 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Lee has been great lately.  I'm quickly reaching the point where I really don't want to trade him.  Much rather part ways with Terry than get rid of Lee, who I think is a great compliment to both Bradley and Rondo.
I been saying that all along, people want to package Lee and get rid of him for some mediocre big smh
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
agreed, keep waiting for terry to start playing well, bass did a nice job last night
terry has to be considered 4th guard in rotation and for the $ he's making over barbosa it isn't making much sense, i actually think i'm being nice saying terry is 4th on depth chart over barbosa

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 09:05:26 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
One aspect of Lee's game that has not drawn much attention is that he's actually, for the most part, also acting as the backup PG. Of course, he'll never be confused for a true playmaker, but his ability to bring the ball up without turning it over is commendable.

Yeah, I hated that look at first but between Lee, Bradley, Terry, and Barbosa we seem to be able to cobble together a functioning offense when Rondo isn't on the floor.  Lee isn't a bad backup point just as long as he isn't expected to do very much.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 09:25:26 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Now this is the guy they thought they were getting.  Tough defense, corner threes, some versatility with the ball in his hands, great open court player. 

Not a superstar by any means, but just an excellent role player, and very valuable piece to a winning team. 

Everytime this happens, I am more and more convinced that the C's system is insanely hard to fit into quickly, which scares about the possibility of a big mid season trade. 

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 09:37:09 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
AB and CLee are hawking each other during practices. He was bound to improve when he realized that he actually had an easier time during games.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 10:11:12 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Now this is the guy they thought they were getting.  Tough defense, corner threes, some versatility with the ball in his hands, great open court player. 

Not a superstar by any means, but just an excellent role player, and very valuable piece to a winning team. 

Everytime this happens, I am more and more convinced that the C's system is insanely hard to fit into quickly, which scares about the possibility of a big mid season trade.
yup, yup, yup.  TP
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 10:28:14 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Having two hard nosed guards is a good thing.  I've always admired Lee's defense effort since the preseason. Like his attitude and effort. Just had hard time making a bucket alot of times.. even with wide open looks.

Doc IMO ...should have Lee drving to the basket more, less three attemps, fake the three , and pull up for 12-15 foot jumpers.  Lee really moves the ball well and seems deadly shot when he is midrange or less.

I think AB and Lee's hard work is rubbing off on the rest of the team.   Even ROndo was pretty solid all game on Defense end lastnight.

HAving the guards playing lock down defense inspires the rest of the guys to work hard . Green played the best Defense I've seen all year from him.  Even Collins was giving it all he had.  He isn't a good player, but he is all in as a  Team player.

If Lee and Green play inspired defense, they can make it hard on the SUperstars like Kobe , Wade, Westbrooke , ect.

« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Doc IMO ...should have Lee drving to the basket more, less three attemps, fake the three , and pull up for 12-15 foot jumpers.  Lee really moves the ball well and seems deadly shot when he is midrange or less.

The thing is, Lee was one of the best (or maybe even the best) corner 3 point shooters in the league last year, and has shot over 40% from 3 for 3 of the 4 years he has been in the league before this year.

So, while I also had some issues with the way Doc was bringing him off picks running Ray's plays, I cannot fault Doc for using him as a 3 point shooter in the offense.  That has always been a strength for him, and it wasn't until he got a case of the yips this year, that his shooting disappeared.

But now its back, and adding Lee and Avery as corner 3 point shooters, to compliment Green and Terry, who already were decent in that role, has really opened up the floor offensively for this team.