Author Topic: Courtney Lee, where's the love?  (Read 15308 times)

Re: Courtney Lee, where's the love?
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 11:22:59 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
So which one of Lee or Terry would people prefer to trade?

I leaning Terry, at the moment.  His contract is likely more easily moveable.  Not sure which player would net a better return though.

You trade none, unless you really need to. And if that happens, I hope its Terry or Barbosa that goes.

One of them HAS to go.  Won't be enough minutes come playoff time, plus, added minutes for the player that stays might very well result in an uptick in their level of play.  Many bench players need consistent minutes.

We really need to remove some of the redundancy from our roster and get the best player we can by trade.  Most preferrable would be a C or upgrade at PF over Bass/Sully.

I don't see much redundancy. You use Terry strictly as a back-up PG. Redundancy is overrated until you actually need it. I guess depth is another word for it.

Call it what you will, it's just a matter of semantics.

When you have excess in one or two areas, and a glaring hole in another, you try to parlay the excesses into pieces that plug the hole.

So you try to trade Bass along with picks, Barbosa, Joseph, and Melo to get that big we need. Or you try to get a cheap pick up. You dont HAVE to trade Lee or Terry to improve our roster.

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 11:25:11 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
So which one of Lee or Terry would people prefer to trade?

I leaning Terry, at the moment.  His contract is likely more easily moveable.  Not sure which player would net a better return though.

You trade none, unless you really need to. And if that happens, I hope its Terry or Barbosa that goes.

One of them HAS to go.  Won't be enough minutes come playoff time, plus, added minutes for the player that stays might very well result in an uptick in their level of play.  Many bench players need consistent minutes.

We really need to remove some of the redundancy from our roster and get the best player we can by trade.  Most preferrable would be a C or upgrade at PF over Bass/Sully.
I was with you up to the last word of your post.  Don't trade Sully, you will regret it.

The rest of your post makes perfect sense. Barbosa is buried on the bench and could help more.  Ideally I would trade Terry in a package to bring back a front court player.

Definitely agree Barbosa could likely fill the few remaining minutes that would result in one of Lee/Terry going out.

I am fully convinced it was Danny's plan to sign both to fill in for Bradley, and once he returned, trade one of them.  Barbosa would then step in and fill the void.

I would also not like to trade Sully, but absolutely would for the right player.  Not sure how easy it will be to move Bass.

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 11:34:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He doesn't get much credit and he deserves more. He has been solid in his limited minutes since the beginning of December. I like to see him get even more aggressive on offense. He has played hard every game all year.

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I love that he gives 100% on every play. Def his best quality

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
He doesn't get much credit and he deserves more. He has been solid in his limited minutes since the beginning of December. I like to see him get even more aggressive on offense. He has played hard every game all year.

At this point, he is outplaying Terry.

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Let's keep the Lee love going!

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2013, 11:59:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cudos , for picking up his game, I thin AB has been a huge inspiration .

Lee has always had the effort , just couldn't seem to translate it into some good results..  I think he is showing that hard work eventually pays off.

Never a problem with his defense effort.  He needs to move his game CLOSER to the rim 12 ft and in...take advantage of his height and quickness.  He sucks shooting past 15-17 feet.

Loved his awesome "D" !!!!!!!!! 

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:09:23 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 01:14:48 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428

At this point, he is outplaying Terry.
Co sign

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Avery Bradley lite on defense.

Hyper energetic on offense.

LOVE IT

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 01:44:59 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Lee is quickly becoming the perfect compliment to Bradley.

Bradley is a ball-hawk.  Constant pressure.  This works great with Rondo playing the passing lanes.

Then enter Lee, who picks up where Bradley left off, and is a great compliment to Terry.  Terry, like Rondo, plays the passing lanes well.

This back court pairing, tandem, is beginning to click really well.

Add-on:  Haha!  This post fits great with my other posts on this page of the thread.  Things have changed dramatically since the return of Bradley.  The bench is playing together well now also.  Yowzah!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:27:30 AM by KGs Knee »

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
2-3 from the 3pt line last night. If he can start hitting those his numbers are going to go up. Lee looks like he's settling into a role.

All of the moves Danny made (other than Darko) are starting to pan out. I don't count Fab because he's always been a project.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 11:11:18 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Lee has definitely improved over the course of the season.  He's been a key player for them recently.

He seems to give us more than Jason Terry pretty much every night.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Just wait until JetLee start hitting their shots in the same game.

Holy geez.

Seriously though, Lee's finally being the player we've all wanted him to be. His play of late has backed up why I thought the Celtics shouldn't trade him. He may not be the shutdown player Bradley is, but he's quite the pest.

If he continues to play like this, I'll start calling him "Mini-Posey", because isn't that a pretty good comparison? He can hit the three and play great 1-on-1 defense just like Posey did way back when. Except one guarded mainly 3s and 4s while the other guards 1s and 2s.

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
People talk about Bradleys ball pressure as the #1 reason our defense/team has gotten back on track.

Lost in the mix is how great Lees pressure has been.  Again, not Bradley but still very good.

The combo of Lee-Bradley and even Lee-Jet has been phenomenal for us.

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 10:14:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
Another nice game from Lee.