Author Topic: Courtney Lee, where's the love?  (Read 15298 times)

Courtney Lee, where's the love?
« on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Seeing the post-game coverage, and disappointed that no mention has been made of his play. It's been either Avery Bradley this, or Rondo that (both well deserved), but I thought it was Courtney Lee's play today that really got us going on both ends of the floor.

Our offense was struggling, and as soon as he came to the floor, he hit some shots, played very good defense, ran the floor well with lots of deflections.

To me, he was the key to this game, and glad to see that Doc went with him more this game, than say Terry.

I've felt Courtney been receiving a lot of negative attention on the blog, and I feel it's highly undeserved. He's been playing well. About the sole Celtic player who's play has improved through the year, other than Sully.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:08:55 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

Re: Courtney Lee, where's the love?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
People around me at the garden tonight were really appreciating him, so that's something.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I agree, he has been really good for about a month now (all after being benched, that is where he should be, it helps us)! He has been the most consistent this month. Great D and his offense has been much better too!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Great to see Courtney play well, I'm really pulling for this kid. He can be a huge piece for us..very well rounded guard
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Best signing of the offseason. Celtics have to pleased with his progression. He does a little bit of everything for this team. The second unit with him at the point has been a bright spot for this team.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:30:33 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
I agree, he has been really good for about a month now (all after being benched, that is where he should be, it helps us)! He has been the most consistent this month. Great D and his offense has been much better too!

This.  I don't really understand why people are still hating on him.  Offensively his first month was terrible, but it's come around since and his defensive effort has never wavered.  I like Lee.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:40 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Playing limited minutes after Bradley returned seems to suit him. With his minutes shortened he is being far more aggressive. Also he is taking a lot more one dribble jumpers than three pointers. This is a good way to get his confidence back and start knocking down those corner 3's.

He has not been good to start but he will be a big upgrade over Dooling last year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 12:12:16 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Blessing in disguise that his stock is rising before the trade period again??

In all honesty id rather trade Jet along with bass and filler for someone. I think Lee can give us just as much on offence and plenty more on the defensive end then terry can. Plus i think Jets veteran leadership will be well liked on a younger team.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 12:30:27 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
This.  I don't really understand why people are still hating on him.  Offensively his first month was terrible, but it's come around since and his defensive effort has never wavered.  I like Lee.

I don't hate him, but I think that Lee supporters who argue that he is a starter-quality player or that he is practically as good as a healthy Bradley, if not better, are completely and utterly wrong.

Coming off the bench and playing about 20mpg seems like the appropriate role for Lee.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 12:57:23 AM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Lee gives 100% every night and consistently plays good energetic D. When he's hitting his shot is just a nice bonus IMO.
DKC Suns

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 01:09:36 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Because all season he's been inconsistent and has been so-so for us on both ends of the floor.

There are too many people wearing Courtney Lee glasses that see him as some spectacular player that he hasn't been.

For maybe the last week he's played much better, but it's only the last two games that hes played really well. 

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 01:32:12 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
his ball handling is pretty good.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 02:06:44 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
There are too many people wearing Courtney Lee glasses that see him as some spectacular player that he hasn't been. 

Where? 

Nationally?  He was on a list of the most disappointing offseason moves. 

On this site?  He's generally regarded as a good defensive player who sucked to start the season but has come around in the last month or so.  I haven't seen anybody with an opinion much more positive than that.

I haven't seen any of these Courtney Lee glasses anywhere.

I do think that he's played better recently than you give him credit for, though.  In December, he shot 47% from the field and 38.5% from three.  That's solid roleplayer production from a solid roleplayer.  I'd personally like to see him be a bit more of an asset on the glass, but otherwise he's been doing his job.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 02:52:23 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
TP, been with ya for a while on this one bud:  http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=60771.0
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 03:30:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Good game from him..keep it up!