Author Topic: Absolute, impressive, definitive, statement win tonight  (Read 13004 times)

Re: Absolute, impressive, definitive, statement win tonight
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 08:02:29 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Does everyone realize that the Cs held the Hawks to 50 points over the last THREE quarters?

They gave up only 75 points to Indiana the previous game.

If you go back to the 4th quarter of the Memphis game, the Celtics are giving up an average of 19 points a quarter.

Even including the entire Memphis game, the Cs have given up an average of 83 points over the last 3 games.

I TOLD YOU AVERY BRADLEY WOULD CHANGE THIS TEAM

The Hawks's 25% in the second half

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2013, 08:10:08 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Does everyone realize that the Cs held the Hawks to 50 points over the last THREE quarters?

If you go back to the 4th quarter of the Memphis game, the Celtics are giving up an average of 19 points a quarter.

Even including the entire Memphis game, the Cs have given up an average of 83 points over the last 3 games.

The scary thing for the hawks about that chart is those two 3's in the corner were a result of celtic deflections that just randomly bounced out to Lou Williams....Pure luck.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2013, 08:52:32 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Ah yes, Lee is struggling with his shot... not only does he have the highest FG% after Rondo from our guard/wing positions, shooting a career high 48% from the field, he's shooting over 50% from the field in the last 17 games since December.

So no, Lee isn't struggling.

Lets say Boston have Lee on one corner, Terry on the other corner, and the opposing team wants to double Pierce.

Do you think the opponent would rather leave Terry open or Lee?  I guarantee you they keep a body on Terry and leave Lee open if they had to make that choice.

Lee might be shooting 'better' over his recent stretch, but he is shooting 32% from three for the season.  For the season Lee is shooting 35% on corner threes and 29% on above the break threes, neither figure is scary enough to scare opposing teams into overplaying him.  His overall FG% is high because he's scoring very efectively off layups and from midrange, but his three point shot has been shaky to the point where every time he takes a three I cringe.  To add to this I've watched pretty much every game this season, and almost every single three Lee's taken has been wide open.  He very rarely shoots from three if he's contested and will generally pass the ball. 

Terry is shooting 38% from three for the season.  He is shooting 41% on corner threes and 36% on above the break threes.  Both of those figures are solid.  He has a well known reputation as a three point shooter and a back-breaker in the clutch and opposing teams will always respect his shot and keep a defender on him.  This spreads the defense and gives guys like Rondo, Lee, Barbosa and Bradley opportunities to cut to the basket.  Many of Terry's three-point shots have also been contested, yet he's still shooting a higher percentage than Lee for the season.

Terry also takes far more attempts than Lee.  Terry is attempting 5.5 Three Pointers per 36 minutes, while Lee is attempting 2.3 attempts per 36 minutes.  If Lee were taking twice as many attempts as Terry I'm guessing his percentage for the season would be more like 26% rather than 32%.

So despite the fact that Terry is taking twice as many attempts, gets more defensive attention and takes more contested shots, he's still shooting at a significantly higher percentage for the season than Lee is from the three point line.

The fact that Lee has shot as well from three as Jeff Green (both at 32%) this season should tell you all you need to know.  Both of those are guys who are capable of hitting the three, but they aren't the guys you want taking that shot when the game is on the line.

If Lee is one corner, and Terry in the other, I couldn't care less who the defense leaves open.

Terry has taken a lot, and I mean a lot, of wide open 3s and he has missed plenty of them too.

Lee struggled with his shot very very badly early in the season which holds his overall season percentage down.

But you said he IS struggling, and that's simply completely false any way you look at it. He IS playing well. He IS shooting the ball well. He HAD struggled with his shot throughout the early portion of the season, but no more.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 12:33:17 PM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Lee has been playing well for us, but Terry is still a guy I would want in clutch situations where we need offense...and thats why I want him on the team...like ray was for us in the past, Terry has the ability to crush a team with a clutch 3 or shot

and, I hope people finally can appreciate how important avery bradley is to this team...less dribble penetration, less bigs having to step up....the teams defense has been markedly better since he returned...and once his shot starts to fall, watch out!

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Now let's keep it going. Discuss.
who hacked Vinnie's account?  We have an impostor posting something positive about the C's   ;)

loved the second half.  combination of much tougher D and Hawks being a 'dumb' team that doesn't know enough to jack up bad shots when they're in a downward slide.

As I have said many times, I don't disappear when this team wins. The Celtics have been my favorite team since Johnny Most. Go, Celts.

I'm a vinnie fan on this board.  Pessimistic sometimes, but I know you're always giving your real feelings and just saying it how you feel.  Nothing wrong with that.  And more evidence here of you doing the same.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Some of their 3rd quarter threes were wide open, but they just missed it.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:22 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
crank up that trade value boys... 10 days till the shoppin begins.

Not if we keep playing like these past two games.

I think a trade is still coming and hope that Green is going
Honestly I would rather move Terry.

I would like to see both go.