Author Topic: starting 5  (Read 3486 times)

starting 5
« on: January 04, 2013, 09:15:04 PM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
Bass is horrible. I think sully should be starting over him.

Re: starting 5
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
he has been in a funk
but it's only temporary
Bass got game

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 09:18:39 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I wish Bass would get a break from all the criticism he has been getting.

Give him 10 games with this starting unit and see if his play improves. I bet it will.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 09:24:30 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
he has been in a funk
but it's only temporary
Bass got game

Bass, is that you?

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Celtics fans suffering from memory loss. Brandon Bass was very good player for this team last season. He is going through a rough batch, he'll get it together just watch. Bass experience will come handy in the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
bass starts but sullinger plays more minutes

we're 3 quarters into the pacers game: bass has 14 minutes, sully has 21.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:13:04 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Celtics fans suffering from memory loss. Brandon Bass was very good player for this team last season. He is going through a rough batch, he'll get it together just watch. Bass experience will come handy in the playoffs.

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:28 PM »

Offline GronkSpike

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think Bass will improve, but I don't think he'll get to last year's playoff level. It was his contract year, players always go the extra mile, especially when they have so many showcasing opportunities on a national level, and he got plenty.

He got paid, that's guaranteed money for 3 years. I believe he'll get out of this funk, but don't expect 2011 playoffs Bass.

I hope Sully starts, but for now Doc should keep starting Bass to get back some confidence.

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Tonight Bass provided good energy with the first unit even though he was sloppy with the ball. He hasn't gotten the space to shoot his jumper this year. I think playing with the first unit he will get more space and his jumper will return.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 10:37:44 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Watch and See  ;D

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
i'd leave the starting 5 as it is tonight

- If KG can handle Hibbert he can handle most of the centers in the league. What a warrior

- Sully should start but we need his energy and rebounding off the bench. He still has to figure out how to stay on the court without fouling out

- Bass didn't score alot but he really utilized his athleticism on the defensive end. He made several key blocks.

- Bradley was great defensively as usual. Love it when he claps his hands , and indirectly tells his opponent to bring it. What a block on Augustine

- Rondo has to play like he did tonight, every night. Look to score first and if teams cheat rely on his crisp passes. Some games he will struggle, but thats ok.

- Pierce was not that great again. But i appreciate that he didn't jack up endless amount of shots and instead did other things to help the team win. At this point of his career he is better to utilize his non stat plays on the court and pick his spots when it comes to offense.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I wish Bass would get a break from all the criticism he has been getting.

Give him 10 games with this starting unit and see if his play improves. I bet it will.

All the criticism has been warranted. People talk about being in a funk, but he's been a funk all season long. I hope he starts playing to the level he was playing last year.

What's odd is that last year he played even better off the bench, and this year he has struggled with the starters and in the bench. We'll see how it goes, but I'm not as optimistic at this point.

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 11:42:36 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I noticed last night that once again Bass is not rotating defensively quick enough. This has been an issue in the past as well and it leads to easy dunks etc

However, I would still start Bass for reasons already cited:  he fits in better with the starters and his liabilities are masked better. He also gets more open looks with that 12-foot facets jumper when he plays with 3 all-stars.

Sully will eventually be a better overall player than Bass but not yet.

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 11:45:53 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
- Sully should start but we need his energy and rebounding off the bench. He still has to figure out how to stay on the court without fouling out

Fouling out has been, like, 75% not his fault.

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Fouling out has been, like, 75% not his fault.
True.  He's getting the rookie treatment by the refs.  In any case, I don't mind Sully's fouls. It shows he getting in the trenches and playing hard.