Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2012-13  (Read 36302 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2012-13
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2013, 07:24:09 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
What a game(Ravens/Broncos). The way they were playing it was going to come down to one mistake and who thought Manning would be the one. But I've always felt he was overrated.

That int was awful. He didn't even look that rushed when he ran out of the pocket. Then to throw on the run across the field? Just bad.
"Elite" QBs always have one mistake in the playoffs and when that happens, it's up to another part of the team to nullify the error. Too bad Denver couldn't cover Manning's flop.
2 kicks returned for touchdowns wasn't enough?

« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2013, 08:31:58 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
That was a terrible interception, but Denver's secondary cost them that game.  I don't think I've ever seen any team repeatedly get beat so badly on long bombs.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 08:56:03 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
What a game(Ravens/Broncos). The way they were playing it was going to come down to one mistake and who thought Manning would be the one. But I've always felt he was overrated.

That int was awful. He didn't even look that rushed when he ran out of the pocket. Then to throw on the run across the field? Just bad.
"Elite" QBs always have one mistake in the playoffs and when that happens, it's up to another part of the team to nullify the error. Too bad Denver couldn't cover Manning's flop.
2 kicks returned for touchdowns wasn't enough?
Baltimore was the better team.  They won every statistical category except time of possession.  More passing yards, more rushing  yards, more yards per play, less sacks, less turnovers, less penalties, etc.  If Denver didn't get those 2 kick returns, that game isn't even close.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I wonder whether we should be worried about the Ravens potentially coming to Foxborough. Does anyone feel the Broncos at Mile-High would have been an easier matchup?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25:53 AM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
I wonder whether we should be worried about the Ravens potentially coming to Foxborough. Does anyone feel the Broncos at Mile-High would have been an easier matchup?

If the Patriots beat the Texans today, than I expect a close game like all the others against the Ravens. I think this is a good matchup for the Patriots given they already played them this year and most likely won't allow Rice to dominate like week 3 matchup. The most important part is the PTriots will be at home this time, than traveling to Denver at Mile-high were historically the Patriots aren't too good at.

This is all doesn't happen if the Patriots don't take care of business today. Go Patriots!!!
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2013, 09:32:59 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The most important part is the PTriots will be at home this time, than traveling to Denver at Mile-high were historically the Patriots aren't too good at.
Yeah, but Manning didn't look particularly comfortable either. The guy played his entire career in a dome, and threw with gloves. I don't think I've ever seen Brady with a glove on his throwing hand.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53:44 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Congratulation Peyton. You won less playoff games with the Bronocs than Tebow.

LOL..was just going to post something along those lines.

Peyton Manning will no doubt lead Denver deep into the playoffs during his time there. I have no doubt about that.

But as for now? Tim Tebow has lead DEN farther than Peyton Manning.

Wow.

And as for Tebow? Rex Ryan basically lied to that man..I hope Tebow finds a football home where his leadership and abilities can be best utilized and appreciated.

He deserves that.

He's been a good soldier in the Circus called the NY Jets...after Bart Scott's "Can't Wait" comment, The Jets haven't waited long to go down in flames each season since then.

Get outta there, Tebow! Let that sinking ship go down without you!

A tattoo of your likeness is NOT on someone's arm, LOL. Get outta there if you can. ;D

In fairness, Tebow and Manning both lost in the Divisional Round.  The difference is that Manning earned the bye week by having the best record in the league and Tebow won a Wild Card game.  The distance was the same.

And Manning was actually competitive in the Divisional Round.  Tebow was pitiful and woefully overmatched.
Yeah. He looked really competitive throwing that game losing int.

How about Tebow lost on the road the Pats in his first year starting.  Veteran genius Peyton lost at home to the Ravens. So young guy lost to Brady on the road. Vet lost to Flacco at home after a bye week.

And vet didn't have to take over a 1-4 team. 

He needs to make another commercial.

Tebow was also playing against the second worst pass defense in football last year.  You can bend the story and stats any way you want.

Peyton's team was 13-3 and actually had a chance to win (the game went into double OT, it seems that you missed the actual game).  Tebow's team went 8-8, lost in the same round, and wasn't even close.

I guess because Tom Brady plays on offense, Tebow had such a hard time scoring against the Patriots defense?  That makes plenty of sense.

I'd point out the game losing play Tebow made last year, but that was every single play in his playoff game, so it seems like overkill.

9/26 for 136 yards for a QB that zero teams in the league want as their starter, what a monster game.  Passing for 136 yards against the #31 pass defense and completing about 30% of your passes.  Wow.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:59:34 AM by celtsfan84 »

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
Gonna be a tall order for today's games to match yesterday's.  Ravens/Broncos game was one for the ages. 

Still back & forth on the SEA/ATL game. 

Wouldn't mind seeing some vintage Brady today.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2013, 10:04:25 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I think the patriots beat both teams but if i had to pick Id rather face the ravens without question. Ill take playing at home against anyone over playing on the road against denver.

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2013, 10:14:44 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My Niners sent Green Bay Packing!!!

What a way to Kaep off Colin's first playoff game. Unbelievable.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
I think the patriots beat both teams but if i had to pick Id rather face the ravens without question. Ill take playing at home against anyone over playing on the road against denver.
I'm a Ravens fan and would rather play the patriots over the texans.  Houston is a horrible matchup for Baltimore, New England is not.  And I know New England would be at home against B-More and on the road against Denver, but if I'm New England, I would have rather played Denver.  New England just matches up better against Denver than they do against Baltimore.

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:23 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Atlanta is already threatening to blow this game open.

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
looks like Matt Ryan is tired of his postseason drought

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
looks like Matt Ryan is tired of his postseason drought

Yeah, Matty Ice is overdue for a playoff W.

« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2013, 02:38:23 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Joe Flacco with the two highest passer ratings in the postseason and by a lot.  Matt Ryan at least looks like he may challenge him today.