Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2012-13  (Read 36309 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2012-13
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Congratulation Peyton. You won less playoff games with the Bronocs than Tebow.

« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 08:57:34 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I like Manning but does he have more failures in the playoffs than any other all time great QB?

« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2013, 09:01:51 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
I like Manning but does he have more failures in the playoffs than any other all time great QB?

Marino is still the gold standard of that, IMO.

He doesn't even have a single ring.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders

So Marino, Favre than Manning?

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

So Marino, Favre than Manning?
It's so hard to choose. Zero rings, vs one ring against Bledsoe with a ton of absolutely clutch ints and really refining the prima-donna thing, vs one ring against Rex Grossman, a Super Bowl losing int, all sorts of playoff losing ints (like today).

I mean how do you decide between that? Plus you gotta factor in that the whole time Peyton was losing so many playoff games he was making so many commercials. I mean I think he might have just made a toaster commercial and a commercial for Korean Airlines. I mean if you blinked at any time in the last 15 years Peyton made a commercial.   At least Brett just stuck with the wrangler jeans. 

« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2013, 09:26:31 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Joe Flacco and his 5 career playoff ROAD victories now stands alone in first place all time.  Stabler, Dawson, and Sanchez all have 4.  Even more amazing is his 7 total victories has him tied with Stabler for 18th all time and he is just 1 playoff victory behind Dan Marino, Steve Young, Eli Manning, and Jim Plunkett.

Brady and Montana both have 16 victories in the playoffs, Bradshaw and Elway are tied for 3rd with 14. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2013, 09:58:19 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

LOL..was just going to post something along those lines.

Peyton Manning will no doubt lead Denver deep into the playoffs during his time there. I have no doubt about that.

But as for now? Tim Tebow has lead DEN farther than Peyton Manning.

Wow.

And as for Tebow? Rex Ryan basically lied to that man..I hope Tebow finds a football home where his leadership and abilities can be best utilized and appreciated.

He deserves that.

He's been a good soldier in the Circus called the NY Jets...after Bart Scott's "Can't Wait" comment, The Jets haven't waited long to go down in flames each season since then.

Get outta there, Tebow! Let that sinking ship go down without you!

A tattoo of your likeness is NOT on someone's arm, LOL. Get outta there if you can. ;D

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Peyton Manning will no doubt lead Denver deep into the playoffs during his time there. I have no doubt about that.

Wow.

And as for Tebow? Rex Ryan basically lied to that man..I hope Tebow finds a football home where his leadership and abilities can be best utilized and appreciated.

He deserves that.

He's been a good soldier in the Circus called the NY Jets...after Bart Scott's "Can't Wait" comment, The Jets haven't waited long to go down in flames each season since then.

A tattoo of your likeness is NOT on someone's arm, LOL. Get outta there if you can. ;D

In fairness, Tebow and Manning both lost in the Divisional Round.  The difference is that Manning earned the bye week by having the best record in the league and Tebow won a Wild Card game.  The distance was the same.

And Manning was actually competitive in the Divisional Round.  Tebow was pitiful and woefully overmatched.

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37:46 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
Colin Kaepernick, wow.

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2013, 10:47:14 PM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
What a game(Ravens/Broncos). The way they were playing it was going to come down to one mistake and who thought Manning would be the one. But I've always felt he was overrated.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2013, 11:26:19 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
3rd year in a row, my Pats/Packers SB pick is out the window. Oh well, Pats still alive going into tomm.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Kaepernick with 444 total yards and 4 touchdowns?

:o :o

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2013, 12:17:13 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
What a game(Ravens/Broncos). The way they were playing it was going to come down to one mistake and who thought Manning would be the one. But I've always felt he was overrated.

That int was awful. He didn't even look that rushed when he ran out of the pocket. Then to throw on the run across the field? Just bad.

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

That int was awful. He didn't even look that rushed when he ran out of the pocket. Then to throw on the run across the field? Just bad.
"Elite" QBs always have one mistake in the playoffs and when that happens, it's up to another part of the team to nullify the error. Too bad Denver couldn't cover Manning's flop.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 06:31:11 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Wow.

He deserves that.

In fairness, Tebow and Manning both lost in the Divisional Round.  The difference is that Manning earned the bye week by having the best record in the league and Tebow won a Wild Card game.  The distance was the same.

And Manning was actually competitive in the Divisional Round.  Tebow was pitiful and woefully overmatched.
Yeah. He looked really competitive throwing that game losing int.

How about Tebow lost on the road the Pats in his first year starting.  Veteran genius Peyton lost at home to the Ravens. So young guy lost to Brady on the road. Vet lost to Flacco at home after a bye week.

And vet didn't have to take over a 1-4 team. 

He needs to make another commercial.