Author Topic: NFL Playoffs 2012-13  (Read 36301 times)

Re: NFL Playoffs 2012-13
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
My prediction for the Conf Championship games is New England @ Denver in the AFC. Green Bay will be @ Atlanta in the NFC.

Super Bowl will be Denver vs Green Bay.

Seattle could be the spoiler.  I expect they will end up as the 1st wild card.  If they have to go to Washington, I think they lose.  If Dallas wins tonight, Seattle would probably beat Dallas.  If Seattle could get one win, they could cause problems.

I did think Cincy and Wash would win in the wild card round, but so far, my conf champ matchups are still alive.

Seattle has me worried about my Atlanta pick, though.  Atlanta needs to put up or shut up.

I had a New England-Green Bay Super Bowl (I think the 3rd straight year I predicted that)  Maybe third time is the charm.

Sticking with it.  I think whoever wins GB/SF is winning the NFC.

I'm just really looking forward to the potential Den/NE matchup.  Not a fan of either team, but Manning/Brady is always good theater, especially now that this can be said about two different Mannings.  Pats fans must hate that name-ha!

I like Peyton, we have come out on top more often than not.  Eli on the other hand is a lucky son of a gun

Yeah, its basically Brady owns Peyton who owns Eli who owns Brady. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 01:35:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
My prediction for the Conf Championship games is New England @ Denver in the AFC. Green Bay will be @ Atlanta in the NFC.

Seattle could be the spoiler.  I expect they will end up as the 1st wild card.  If they have to go to Washington, I think they lose.  If Dallas wins tonight, Seattle would probably beat Dallas.  If Seattle could get one win, they could cause problems.

I did think Cincy and Wash would win in the wild card round, but so far, my conf champ matchups are still alive.

Seattle has me worried about my Atlanta pick, though.  Atlanta needs to put up or shut up.

I had a New England-Green Bay Super Bowl (I think the 3rd straight year I predicted that)  Maybe third time is the charm.

I'm just really looking forward to the potential Den/NE matchup.  Not a fan of either team, but Manning/Brady is always good theater, especially now that this can be said about two different Mannings.  Pats fans must hate that name-ha!

I like Peyton, we have come out on top more often than not.  Eli on the other hand is a lucky son of a gun
I don't think it's luck.  he's performed well but I attribute those Giant wins to better coaching by the Giants staff and their defense stepping up in the big game.  If the Pats had a decent defense (no, I don't think they're as good as their in-season rankings) in those years, they'd have won both those bowl games.

I also think their D will be their undoing again this year.

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 01:36:18 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

I don't think it's luck.  he's performed well but I attribute those Giant wins to better coaching by the Giants staff and their defense stepping up in the big game.  If the Pats had a decent defense (no, I don't think they're as good as their in-season rankings) in those years, they'd have won both those bowl games.

The Tyree catch was lucky.  That was a prayer of a throw.  I don't think Eli himself would deny that.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be

See, if I think they have an undoing this year it'll be because of the offensive line and not the D.

Its simple.  If teams can get the pressure up the middle, then the Pats offense is greatly altered.  If they get protection for Brady then 9 times out of 10, they're winning.

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 04:44:28 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Probably not the start that Baltimore wanted.

7-0 DEN

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Probably not the start that Baltimore wanted.

7-0 DEN

Nice. Huge interference call.  Without that, Denver has it up 7-0 and in Raven territory off the punt. Go Ravens.

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 04:53:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wow. Pick six.

14-7 BALT

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 04:55:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The refs have certainly made their presence know.  Big missed interference call on that pick.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 04:56:13 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
I said the cold weather would affect Manning
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2013, 04:58:09 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

It might, but that pick wasn't his fault.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411

It might, but that pick wasn't his fault.
true..it was a bang-bang play but did pull his left arm
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2013, 05:07:01 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • What a Pub Should Be
Wicked throw by Manning.

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2013, 05:13:11 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Wicked throw by Manning.

Fantastic catch, too.

This game could be epic.

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 05:26:00 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
Ravens tackling Ravens.

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2013, 05:30:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Denver needs to get better at defending the deep ball.