Author Topic: why i think the pats will beat the ravens  (Read 6537 times)

why i think the pats will beat the ravens
« on: January 19, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
1:  when we played them in week three, our corners were arington and mccourty,  they are now dennard and talib, a vast improvement!

2:  the colts ran 152 yards and denver ran for 120, neither had a top running back.  I think the pats are going to run first and play action the crap out of that defense.

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: why i think the pats will beat the ravens
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 01:33:21 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Wouldn't count on it.

Ever since they changed offensive coordinators their offense has been extremely productive and this is the healthiest their defense has been all year.

Gonna be a great game 
DKC Suns

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 01:36:38 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Pats secondary is definitely a lot better.  And the Ravens run-D versus the Pats new, powerful run game may very well be the key matchup of the entire game.

Still, I'm  not feeling great about the Pats' ability to overcome the tough, physical Ravens D without Gronkowski to create mismatches. 

They're going to have to do a lot of damage on the ground to open up the passing game, or else the Ravens will just jam Welker, Lloyd, Branch etc at the line and Tom will get frazzled.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 01:38:32 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Dennard and Talib are the key upgrades. Flacco loves the deep ball, we've gotten much better at defending it with those two at cb.

I feel pretty good about this game. For the first time in awhile I can't sit here and say the Ravens really have the advantage on defense. As long as our o line can keep the Ravens from pressuring Brady and our defense takes away the deep ball and limits Rice (confident about this based on our run d) I feel good about this game.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 03:44:25 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
lets go back to the superbowl.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 06:07:35 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Niners fan ....but first and foremost a Cs fan   :D

Tomorrow will be interesting....the pundits have the Pats and Niners playing in the finale, but I think playing in ATL will be tough.

I actually think NE will win, and maybe even easily...just not sure if the Ravens D can stop the vaunted NE offense...the way you guys came back on us in our game was shocking.   Good luck...

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 08:00:12 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
cause they're wickkkked goood kid  :P

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 08:21:28 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm so dang fired up!!! Too bad the celtics play today because my attention will be 100 percent on the pats game!!! Go PATS !!!

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 10:01:51 AM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
The Pats secondary is definitely a lot better.  And the Ravens run-D versus the Pats new, powerful run game may very well be the key matchup of the entire game.

Still, I'm  not feeling great about the Pats' ability to overcome the tough, physical Ravens D without Gronkowski to create mismatches. 

They're going to have to do a lot of damage on the ground to open up the passing game, or else the Ravens will just jam Welker, Lloyd, Branch etc at the line and Tom will get frazzled.

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I want all of you to pray Atlanta pulls the upset over the Niners today. As that is the only way we are going to lift the Lombardi this year.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 11:48:43 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I want all of you to pray Atlanta pulls the upset over the Niners today. As that is the only way we are going to lift the Lombardi this year.
Oh stop

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I think the pats will win in a somewhat blow out.

This Ravens D is not very good and I just can't see Flacco pulling another horseshoe out of his butt again

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 01:48:44 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
hmm, tough call.  Pats have developed a bad habit of choking in a game they are figured to win since their last championship.  not sure if it'll be this week or the bowl game itself. 

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 01:53:19 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
hmm, tough call.  Pats have developed a bad habit of choking in a game they are figured to win since their last championship.  not sure if it'll be this week or the bowl game itself.

That's true, but I think in football there's a tendency to make a big deal out of small sample sizes.

The Patriots have lost some big games in the past 5-6 years.  Games they were favored to win.  Yet only once have they lost convincingly (against the Ravens in 2009).  The rest were very close.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 02:42:04 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

That's true, but I think in football there's a tendency to make a big deal out of small sample sizes.

The Patriots have lost some big games in the past 5-6 years.  Games they were favored to win.  Yet only once have they lost convincingly (against the Ravens in 2009).  The rest were very close.

Yeah when you are successful year after year after year after year and put yourself in position to be in more big games than any other nfl team of course you will end up losing some big games