Author Topic: Realistic Trade Idea for the day - Cavs/Minn/Boston (No we dont get Love or AV)  (Read 10014 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
pekovic? are you kidding me? thats your answer to a championship? cousins or bust.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The trade might not be realistic, but I could certainly see Minnesota in a three way deal with us. Lee and maybe even Bass fit a real need for them.

This was the problem with the trade I proposed because Lee and Bass would be a much better return for the Wolves.

I'm wondering if maybe the Wolves could help facilitate a trade for Dalembert? Maybe Derrick Williams and a first.

Derrick Williams' value has probably dropped, but I've got to think that he's worth more than Dalembert.

I don't think he's shown anything to make me believe that he's anything more than another bad David Kahn pick.

Minnesota gets a starting SG out of the deal and a true backup 4.

I'm confused about what trade you're proposing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
pekovic? are you kidding me? thats your answer to a championship? cousins or bust.

Have you even seen Pekovic play?  If a championship in the short term is the goal, Pekovic probably gets us closer than Cousins does.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker

Have you even seen Pekovic play?  If a championship in the short term is the goal, Pekovic probably gets us closer than Cousins does.
pekovic doesnt even start for the woeful timberwolves. thats how good he is.

Offline Rickretro

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
 I want Varejao.  He is the guy that I feel would add some life to this wilting bunch.  Question is, how to get him??  How about we go all out and try to package Rondo, Bass and Sullinger for Irving and side show Bob?? It works on real gm when bass becomes available to trade.  If they require more like Mello or a future pic, I do it.  We still have a kick arse point guard and get a guy with an endless motor and huge heart.

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
The trade might not be realistic, but I could certainly see Minnesota in a three way deal with us. Lee and maybe even Bass fit a real need for them.

This was the problem with the trade I proposed because Lee and Bass would be a much better return for the Wolves.

I'm wondering if maybe the Wolves could help facilitate a trade for Dalembert? Maybe Derrick Williams and a first.

Derrick Williams' value has probably dropped, but I've got to think that he's worth more than Dalembert.

I don't think he's shown anything to make me believe that he's anything more than another bad David Kahn pick.

Minnesota gets a starting SG out of the deal and a true backup 4.

I'm confused about what trade you're proposing.

I think the SG he's referring to is Lee, and the backup 4 is Bass

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Pek is a physical, angry kind of dude who's currently putting up 18 and 9 per 36. I'd take him over Cousins b/c we'd probably have to give up less.

Although I hear Minny loves him.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

So your answer is, you haven't watched him or the Twolves play?

He's started all 27 games he's appeared in this year.  Also, the Twolves are above .500, so I'm not sure that you know what "woeful" means, either.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Pek is a physical, angry kind of dude who's currently putting up 18 and 9 per 36. I'd take him over Cousins b/c we'd probably have to give up less.

Although I hear Minny loves him.

Yeah, on one hand, I can't see why Minny would want to give him up, because he is young, productive, and talented.  On the other hand, I believe he is a restricted free agent at the end of the year, and may be looking at a big payday.  So, I could see a scenario where they don't want to pay him, when they already have Love as a max player, and are going to be paying Rubio soon. 

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
The original proposal will never work...  Cleveland will NEVER take back Williams and Lee for Andy V.  They'd laugh in your face.  He's the only realistic trade chip they have, and they're not going to hand him away for two mediocre players and a couple of draft picks in a very weak draft. 

I realize we Celtics fan want more than what we're giving (and I agree with the comments above - Pekovic is a VERY GOOD player!), but it will never happen.

Pekovic is also a pending free agent after this season.  He will probably command (I'm reading) between 10-12 million per year - and he'll get it.  So Minny is looking to move him for financial concerns and losing him for nothing in return - but I don't see any way Cleveland could be a part of the deal.

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

I wonder which NBA season you are watching, since you say the Wolves are woeful and Pekovic doesn't start.

Anyway, I'd take Pekovic over Cousins in a heartbeat if it was possible. No risks. He'll give you what the team needs right away. Not going to mess up the locker room. No headaches. Simple as that.
But the trade proposed is probably not happening, since Wolves will be unwilling to let Pekovic go.

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Mhmm. Pek is one of the better centers in the league. Great player, love his heart.

I like Marcus Smart

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

Anyway, I'd take Pekovic over Cousins in a heartbeat if it was possible. No risks. He'll give you what the team needs right away. Not going to mess up the locker room. No headaches. Simple as that.
But the trade proposed is probably not happening, since Wolves will be unwilling to let Pekovic go.

Would you really? Pek is 27 and Cousins is 22. Pek is averaging 17.8 and 9.1 per 36 minutes, and Cousins is averaging 19.4 and 11.6. Cousins is oozing potential.

Cousins is also arguably a better defender. Neither contribute as a shot blocker, but Cousins is averaging 1.5 spg as a big man. Pretty impressive - he has quick hands, and led the NBA in charges taken (49) last season.
I like Marcus Smart

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Would you really? Pek is 27 and Cousins is 22. Pek is averaging 17.8 and 9.1 per 36 minutes, and Cousins is averaging 19.4 and 11.6. Cousins is oozing potential.

Cousins is also arguably a better defender. Neither contribute as a shot blocker, but Cousins is averaging 1.5 spg as a big man. Pretty impressive - he has quick hands, and led the NBA in charges taken (49) last season.

I would, since I'm trying to win it now, not when Cousins gets his act right five years later or so.
Honestly, I have some sort of grudge against Cousins, so, say, I'm not that objective when he is the subject of the matter. I don't like players demanding a trade halfway through their sophomore campaigns.

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
pev over cousins? the cousins hate has now gone to a new level.