Author Topic: Realistic Trade Idea for the day - Cavs/Minn/Boston (No we dont get Love or AV)  (Read 10025 times)

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Minny is said to be interested in Varejo. Lets get in on a semi realistic deal that might help us this year and stabilize the roster for the next couple.

Minny out: Williams, Pekovic, Ridnour, First Round
Minny in: Varejo, Bass, First Round Cavs

Cavs Out: Varejo, First Round Pick
Cavs In: D Williams, C Lee, First Round pick Wolves, First Round from C's

Boston Out: Bass, Lee First Round
Boston in: Pekovic, Ridnour Second Round from Cavs

Rondo/Ridnour
Bradley/Terry
Pierce/Green
KG/Sully
Pekovic/Wilcox/Collins

Wolves:

Rubio/Barea
Roy (if healthy)/Shved/Malcom Lee
AK47/Budinger
Love/Bass
Varejo/Steamah

Cavs:

Irving/Gibson
Waiters/Lee
Gee/Miles/Caspi
Thompson/Williams
Zeller/Leuer

Think its well balanced all around. Leaves the Cavs a little thin at the center spot. Maybe would have to bring in a 4th team. Love it for us however.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't see this one as very realistic.

Pekovic isn't a household name, but he's averaging 16 / 8 and is bringing toughness to the Minnesota interior.  We're not going to land him for a  draft pick and a couple of mediocre veterans on long-term deals, in my opinion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I agree with Roy.  Garbage out does not land one of the best centers in basketball.  In addition, neither Minnesota or Cleveland does this trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Yeah they'd want Varejao with Pek.

Can this trade not go down without Boston in the middle?

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Dont see this happening, like previuously stated why do either teams need the Cs to make this deal?

If Minn really wants Varejao then why not work a Pek for Varejao trade?
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I don't see this one as very realistic.

Pekovic isn't a household name, but he's averaging 16 / 8 and is bringing toughness to the Minnesota interior.  We're not going to land him for a  draft pick and a couple of mediocre veterans on long-term deals, in my opinion.

Agreed. This isn't remotely realistic.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
I'd love to get Pekovic and Ridnour, and I think this trade has merit.

If the Cavs are truly in rebuild mode and are looking to dump Varejao, they'll want young guys and draft picks in return, and this scenario gives them two of each. I think that, in a vacuum, Varejao is worth more, but the teams with the best draft picks (ultra-noncontenders) won't be trading for him, and top contenders likely won't have good picks to offer.

Minny, of course, gets the best player in this deal, and a Love-Varejao combo is better than Love-Pekovic.

Boston gets a solid, desperately needed big AND a solid backup for Rondo.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
I'd love to get Pekovic and Ridnour, and I think this trade has merit.

If the Cavs are truly in rebuild mode and are looking to dump Varejao, they'll want young guys and draft picks in return, and this scenario gives them two of each. I think that, in a vacuum, Varejao is worth more, but the teams with the best draft picks (ultra-noncontenders) won't be trading for him, and top contenders likely won't have good picks to offer.

Minny, of course, gets the best player in this deal, and a Love-Varejao combo is better than Love-Pekovic.

Boston gets a solid, desperately needed big AND a solid backup for Rondo.

This was my thought in making the trade. Minny might have the best package to offer of any "contender" or playoff team. Varejo and Love will be taking up most of the minutes in the frontcourt making Pekovic expendable, and Bass gives them an athletic big off the bench to fill the back up minutes. Plus they get great first round pick.

The Cavs get Williams who can be another young asset for their rebuild. Whether they keep or trade him. Plus stockpile two first rounders and get a veteran back up guard to help coach Waiters along.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
The trade might not be realistic, but I could certainly see Minnesota in a three way deal with us. Lee and maybe even Bass fit a real need for them.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
The trade might not be realistic, but I could certainly see Minnesota in a three way deal with us. Lee and maybe even Bass fit a real need for them.

This was the problem with the trade I proposed because Lee and Bass would be a much better return for the Wolves.

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

This was the problem with the trade I proposed because Lee and Bass would be a much better return for the Wolves.

I'm wondering if maybe the Wolves could help facilitate a trade for Dalembert? Maybe Derrick Williams and a first.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm wondering if maybe the Wolves could help facilitate a trade for Dalembert? Maybe Derrick Williams and a first.

Derrick Williams' value has probably dropped, but I've got to think that he's worth more than Dalembert.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Derrick Williams' value has probably dropped, but I've got to think that he's worth more than Dalembert.

I don't think he's shown anything to make me believe that he's anything more than another bad David Kahn pick.

Minnesota gets a starting SG out of the deal and a true backup 4.

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
pekovic would be awesome.  big. mean. red lasers. 

Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That is too funny. TP.