Author Topic: 3 Team Trade Idea Bos/Sac/Mem  (Read 4956 times)

3 Team Trade Idea Bos/Sac/Mem
« on: January 04, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Just a random trade idea that i think seems realistic for us to get Cousins.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6193870

Boston sends out: Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo

Boston receives: Demarcus Cousins, John Salmons

Sacramento Sends out: Demarcus Cousins, Tyreke Evans, John Salmons

Sacramento receives: Rudy Gay, Fab Melo

Memphis sends out: Rudy Gay

Memphis receives: Tyreke Evans, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger

Draft picks may be included where need be.  I think this trade helps all teams included. Who says no?  Memphis maybe? I'm not sure. 

Re: 3 Team Trade Idea Bos/Sac/Mem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:02:34 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Not a bad idea. I think it would be a long shot for Memphis to do this because they are winning and playing well right now. Rudy Gay leads them in scoring and I'm not sure they trade him for 3 relatively unproven players.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:55:44 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Sacramento gets Rudy Gay into a total mess with no supporting cast at all, so, why would they say yes to this trade and take over his hefty contract with no goals to accomplish, I wonder.

Memphis definitely shuts it down, since they are already doing well with Gay, and will be reluctant to mess up with the things. Especially if you consider the fact that they are to give up their starter SF and get back a backup caliber player in return to fill his spot.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
TP for this idea.  One of the most balanced three ways I've seen.  Memphis does hesitate, but only because of Tyreke's knee issue.  Once T. Evans is healthy they kinda hafta say yes I think.  Sully is gonna be good and can learn from Zach Randolph.  Jeff Green remains a backup 3.  Tony Allen shifts to SF, not ideal but he can still defend the 2.  Remember Memphis was good without Gay too, even when Mayo wasn't doing much.......

the concern for Memphis is chemistry, but they aren't winning a title as is (though I'd like that...2 cnd to Boston right now).  they get even deeper and better with this trade IMO.  T. Evans health the only possible hang up. 

Caveat in the form of a question:  How great are Gay's non-scoring contributions?  If they're much better than I realize, then that could kill this idea......

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Caveat in the form of a question:  How great are Gay's non-scoring contributions?  If they're much better than I realize, then that could kill this idea......

He's rebounding decently, although it's not something elite for his height and athleticism. His steal and block numbers look good, but he's not a great facilitator. Actually, I can say that just by looking his game, not his stats. He's not a Nick Young in this league, but he isn't an LBJ, either (by passing ability).

So, I'd say he's doing enough not to get labeled as an entirely one-dimensional player. And he has one thing that makes up for all other areas in which he's lacking production: He's clutch.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Dont think Memphis is gonna break up their starting line up.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Boston doesn't give up near enough in this trade for it to even get past an immediate hang up of the phone from the other two teams.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 08:52:04 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Boston doesn't give up near enough in this trade for it to even get past an immediate hang up of the phone from the other two teams.

In a vacuum maybe but:

1. All trades are risky
2. No trade is perfectly balanced in reality
3. if a team gets what it wants in terms of direction, then abstract talent evaluation matters less.
4. There's more than just talent in this situation, there's a disgruntled player in the mix

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman
Dont think Memphis is gonna break up their starting line up.

Looks like Memphis is shopping Rudy Gay according to rumors today.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 04:47:39 PM »

Offline soboston

• Xavier Tillman

I agree that we don't send out the better talent in this trade, but we do take on Sac. headcase and one of their bad contracts.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 05:08:33 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Don't mind the concept, but what Memphis needs more than anything is wings who can shoot, especially if they trade Gay.

In this trade they get poor shooters -- and one who is grossly overpaid -- even if they grab a nice piece in Sully.

Also, Hollinger is neither an Evans nor a Green fan. Remember, PER is his jam...

Sorry, Charlie. 

Mike

(My name is not Mike)