Author Topic: Jason Terry for Andre Miller?  (Read 9170 times)

Re: Jason Terry for Andre Miller?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 06:46:58 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Two things:

First there is no way we are trading Jason Terry in a small deal. He got a freaking tattoo guys. Doc wants him, Danny wants him and unless we can make some ridiculous lopsided deal then I'm 100% sure Terry is a lock to be a Celtic the whole year.

Secondly Javale McGee is a central building block for the Nuggets right now. They moved Nene to get him and aren't going to be giving him up for Bass/Terry/etc....or really anyone outside of Rondo. Athletic, 7ft centers aren't particularly common in today's NBA so I doubt they are moving him for our dregs.

We probably do have a couple of things Denver would be interested in though. They love to run and I imagine Courtney Lee or Jeff Green could be seen as young capable runners. I'm not sure they would value them to the tune of a capable backup center or a productive veteran point guard but who knows.  Wilson Chandler might be a more reasonable target as they have a three other young and capable SFs.

I'd like to trade for Perkins honestly. I read some of Tony Allen's comments before the game Wednesday and I couldn't have agreed with him more. Do you guys think it would be worth moving our 2013 1st rounder and a couple of 2nd rounders to get Perkins back? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:31 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Firstly no, I woudn't trade Terry for Miller.  Our offense has been very problematic lately, and outside of Pierce and KG Terry has been our only consistent scorer.  Now that Bradley is back, Terry gives us a solid scorer and leader on the second unit. 

Andre Miller is a fantastic floor general but he's not a scoring threat.  Courtney Lee, Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger and Brandon Bass have not been consistent enough offensively to make me confident about trading Terry away.  We need a consistent double figure scorer off the bench and Terry is the only one right now.

As for McGee I find that amusing.  People here are dissing the idea of trading for Demarcus Cousins because he's a knucklehead, but then there is all of this approval for signing for McGee - the one guy who makes "Shaqtin a Fool" almost every single epidode?

If anything McGee is probably harder to get (in terms of trade value) then Cousins, because Cousins is not getting along with this team, while McGee seems happy in Denver. 

I also don't think there is any way they'd give up Chandler for Lee or Green, and he's not worth both of them.

I would trade some picks to get Perkins back, but that's about all.  I wouldn't trade any actual players outside of Barbosa or Collins for him because these days he's just not that great.  He sucks offensively, and with Ray gone and KG/PP now a few years older we don't really ahve the offensive firepower to make up for non-existent offensive players (e.g. the Collins situation).

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 08:06:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think Denver say no. Andre Miller is a George Karl favourite and I think his PG play offers Denver more of what they need than a scorer like Terry does.

I would happily make that trade though if Denver was willing too.
Yup, Miller is the leader of that locker room he's not going anywhere

Its too bad because I would love to have Miller. He can run the offense when Rondo takes a break and could also play the two for some minutes alongside Rondo. Miller has made a great career for himself. Im not ready to giev up on Terry however.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 08:12:10 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Just because his name is here, I will repost

p.s. hes a wet dream but...

Anderson França Varejão

plus

Andre Miller

You Welcome Danny Ainge and Doc River

Rajon Rondo, Andre Miller
Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee
Paul Pierce, A sock
Kevin Garnett, Brandon Bass
Anderson Varejao, Jason Collins

Numero 18

9 men rotation for Doc to manage it properly
and enough of everything to win it all
change Lee with Jet whenever youre in the mood too
and change the sock for a bag of cheetos or Green if available
And I am not sure if I mean jeff or Gerald now... :p
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 09:40:05 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I noticed the boxscore tonight, and Ty Lawson isn't starting anymore? What the what?

There are like 5 guys on Denver that Id love to acquire. Wilson Chandler, Mozgov, Koufos, McGee, the list goes on.

But I don't think we're selling what they're buying.
Lawson off the bench actually makes more sense than it seems.  Miller/Iguodala/Gallo is way too much size for 90% of teams/guards to defend.  Andre and Andre played great together in Philly.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 10:52:09 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I noticed the boxscore tonight, and Ty Lawson isn't starting anymore? What the what?

There are like 5 guys on Denver that Id love to acquire. Wilson Chandler, Mozgov, Koufos, McGee, the list goes on.

I'd say Bass makes some sense for them. Green, Terry, Lee.... make none.

I suspect they'd be thrilled to be rid of Chandler, but not sure how he fits... another wing with 'potential', an injury history, and a long contract.

Bass & either Terry or Lee for Mozgov & Chandler works. So does Bass for Mozgov and spare parts. 

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think George Karl is too tied to the idea of A.Miller + J.McGee together. He needs to get McGee more playing time. Get McGee functioning alongside Ty Lawson and Faried and Iggy and Gallo.

Wow, that is actually McGee's most used lineup. Only played 67 minutes though. They have gotten hammered in that time too. Outscored by 42 points in 67 minutes. I wonder what the reason is for that. Such a dramatically different performance than with Koufos. Small sample size probably plays a big role.

There is shocking little consistency in the lineups McGee is part of in Denver. He has around 630 minutes and that lineup is most used one with 67 minutes. Only three others with over 30 minutes. Most are in the teens. I don't like that.

According to nba.com, McGee and A.Miller have been on the floor together for 456 of McGee's 630 minutes (72%).

McGee is still just a physical talent without knowing how to really play. 

This season, the teams offense and defense is better when he is on the bench. 

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I suspect they'd be thrilled to be rid of Chandler, but not sure how he fits... another wing with 'potential', an injury history, and a long contract.

Bass & either Terry or Lee for Mozgov & Chandler works. So does Bass for Mozgov and spare parts.

Wilson Chandler does have an injury history and a long contract, but I don't think he's a 'potential' guy. He's a 15 and 5 guy who is capable of playing good defense, and is good off the ball.

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
I've wanted Miller ever since he was drafted with the Celtics pick that was traded to Cleveland in '99.  Curse you Vitaly Potapenko, curse you!

Miller is just what we needed to team with Pierce, Mercer, and Walker.  We'd be set at 1-4 for years to come.  Plus Battie was the 5th pick just 2 years ago, he will probably develop to an All-Star, so actually we'd be set at 1-5. Oh 17 was so close.

Then we traded Mercer and got Eric Williams back along with Fortson! We totally fleeced Denver.  Fortson was 4th in the league in rebounding! 

PG Miller
SG Pierce
SF Walker
PF Fortson
C Battie

With Eric Williams, Walter McCarty, Greg Minor, Kenny Anderson, and Dana Barros off the bench!  Who cares about missing out on Duncan and Van Horn when we're putting that team on the floor.  That team will be unstoppable in a couple of years, and should win at least 50 games this year.  We're talking like 5 rings minimum. Andre Miller was the perfect point guard for that team.

13 years later I still wish we had him.  Actually I don't think a year has gone by where I wouldn't have loved Andre Miller on this team.  Curse you Vitaly Potapenko, curse you.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 11:32:55 AM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I've wanted Miller ever since he was drafted with the Celtics pick that was traded to Cleveland in '99.  Curse you Vitaly Potapenko, curse you!

Miller is just what we needed to team with Pierce, Mercer, and Walker.  We'd be set at 1-4 for years to come.  Plus Battie was the 5th pick just 2 years ago, he will probably develop to an All-Star, so actually we'd be set at 1-5. Oh 17 was so close.

Then we traded Mercer and got Eric Williams back along with Fortson! We totally fleeced Denver.  Fortson was 4th in the league in rebounding! 

PG Miller
SG Pierce
SF Walker
PF Fortson
C Battie

With Eric Williams, Walter McCarty, Greg Minor, Kenny Anderson, and Dana Barros off the bench!  Who cares about missing out on Duncan and Van Horn when we're putting that team on the floor.  That team will be unstoppable in a couple of years, and should win at least 50 games this year.  We're talking like 5 rings minimum. Andre Miller was the perfect point guard for that team.

13 years later I still wish we had him.  Actually I don't think a year has gone by where I wouldn't have loved Andre Miller on this team.  Curse you Vitaly Potapenko, curse you.

Aren't we lucky to have a place to talk about our troubles.
Yup

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Wilson Chandler does have an injury history and a long contract, but I don't think he's a 'potential' guy. He's a 15 and 5 guy who is capable of playing good defense, and is good off the ball.

He has the potential to be that guy, but he isn't now. He played 82 games in only one season... 5 years ago. He's barely played in the NBA in 2 years. He's never applied himself to become the stopper he could be. And he never goes to the line despite good slashing ability, he'd rather just hang out and chuck -- again, he had the potential to be better than he's ever really put together consistently on the floor over months and years.

Tough guy to pay $7mil per for 3 years when he rarely sees the floor and is inconsistent when he does. We have a guy like that at the same position already.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:40 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Two things:

First there is no way we are trading Jason Terry in a small deal. He got a freaking tattoo guys. Doc wants him, Danny wants him and unless we can make some ridiculous lopsided deal then I'm 100% sure Terry is a lock to be a Celtic the whole year.

If that was how it works, then Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jeff Green, Avery Bradley, and anyone else would get a tattoo as well to express their loyalty. Heck, even Jason Collins would probably do it too!

Ultimately, Terry came here because he was offered a big contract, one that the Mavs did not want to match. Had a choice, he'd pick the Mavs.

Jason Terry is not a lock to be a Celtic. The only 2 players that are probable locks to be a Celtic for the rest of the year are Pierce and KG, not an undersized SG who plays poor to average defense and has only been playing with the Celtics for less than a SINGLE year.

It depends on how much they value Andre Miller, but at this point, Miller is better and more valuable than Jason Terry. Plus, it would force Doc to stop with the Ray Allen role playing. Andre Miller would take some ball handling out of Rondo's hand (he averages 5.7 apg) and is not a bad shot creator at all. Very smart, and a locker room leader.

Terry is a SG in a PG's body. Miller is a PG in a PG's body. At the end of the day, Terry is 35 and Miller is 36. I'd take an old floor general over an old scorer any day.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 02:24:25 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Two things:

It's completely absurd to suggest that the Cs wouldn't trade Terry, in any sized deal.

They wouldn't trade him lightly considering he choose Boston as a FA (pretty rare), but if they feel it'd upgrade their chances of winning a championship, they'd trade Terry, Pierce, even Rondo.

The only guy who is untradable in a 'win now' mode for the Cs is Garnett.... because it's inconceivable they could win without him.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)