Author Topic: Lets go get a Nugget of a big man.  (Read 5393 times)

Lets go get a Nugget of a big man.
« on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Denver. Help a brother out will ya. By my count they have five good bigs and we would be very interested in four.
         MPG    PPG                     RPG
 Mosgov 10.2   2.7   1.7   1.5   3.2
 J Mcgee 19.1   10.7   2.0   3.1   5.2
 Koufos  22.5   7.4   2.1   4.2   6.3
 Faried  29.5   12.2   4.1   6.1   10.2

Faried I'm sure us untouchable and a fan favorite. And Koufos seems like a great deal at three Million per for 2 more years.

And if there only going to play Mcgee 19 minutes per game and pay him ten million he seems like a bad deal at the moment. At the very least will take Mosgov he's better than what we have.

Does Bradley, Fab Melo, Terry, and Wilcox get it done.

Re: Lets go get a Nugget of a big man.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:07:20 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Does Bradley, Fab Melo, Terry, and Wilcox get it done.

Denver doesn't have open roster spots to do a 4-1 trade.  Those are nearly impossible to do in season, unless a team has a bunch of tiny 2nd rounders at the end of their bench that they can just cut. Denver has two. 

Bradley, Melo, Terry for McGee woks moneywise, as does the trade with Bass in Terry's place. Since Denver doesn't have any bigs who can step out, Bass might be a better fit.  I think Boston would have to add a pick to AB, Melo and Bass to get it done.  I'm not sure Denver bites, though.     

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 07:44:09 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Koufos seems like a great deal

He also is not a great player either.   I don't think he would be worth the trouble nor change our fate.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:10:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would love McGee playing next to KG regardless of how much of a dummy he is. Manimal would be great but he is another undersized power forward. Something we have had way too much of in the past 10 years.

Unfortunately Denver isn't gonna let either of those guys go, especially for what we have to give them in return.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 09:37:53 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He also is not a great player either.   I don't think he would be worth the trouble nor change our fate.

He's solid though. Not a defensive stopper but solid enough in both ends. Very young player too which means he has roon to grow. Good finisher. He'll give you 10/8 in 25 minutes in a good day.

Mist importantly, I think he can be had easily. Wilcox + 2nd rounder I think that deal is done.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:42:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

He's solid though. Not a defensive stopper but solid enough in both ends. Very young player too which means he has roon to grow. Good finisher. He'll give you 10/8 in 25 minutes in a good day.

Mist importantly, I think he can be had easily. Wilcox + 2nd rounder I think that deal is done.

Wilcox and a second rounder for a Western playoff bound team's starting Center?

Not so sure about that.

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 10:23:50 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Realistically, Mosgov should be one of the big man targets we have before the deadline.

A trade of Bass & Wilcox for Mosgov, Randolph & Stone makes some sense for both teams.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 10:34:29 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Funny, I was thinking yesterday of posting a Boston-Denver trade idea, because I talked about this with a co-worker who's a Nuggets fan.

Koufos is starting, so I doubt he's available. McGee would be nice, but the price might be too high for my liking. Faried is a nice player but undersized.

Mozgov seems like the candidate for us. My Nuggets friend said Mozgov is a solid, if unspectacular, player, and that Denver is in desperate need of a corner three-point shooter. I think Courtney Lee would be a good fit there. I know he's struggled this season, but I'm beginning to think that has a lot to do with Doc's system, and that Lee would thrive under George Karl. The following trade works in ESPN's trade machine:

BOS gets: Mozgov and PG Julyan Stone
DEN gets: Lee

We eliminate some of our redundancy at the 2, acquire a huge, somewhat-skilled interior defensive presence, and even get a backup for Rondo, albeit a largely inexperienced one. Not a big trade, but I think it helps us some.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:40 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Not so sure about that.

Yes, I don't even know why he's starting but clearly he's the 2nd center of that team.

Okay, maybe two 2nds.

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Not so sure about that.

Yes, I don't even know why he's starting but clearly he's the 2nd center of that team.

Okay, maybe two 2nds.

Koufos has not only started every game this season but also is getting the most minutes of the 3.  He's clearly the 1st center of that team.  I don't know by what other metrics you could say he isn't.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 11:40:23 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Not so sure about that.

Okay, maybe two 2nds.

Koufos has not only started every game this season but also is getting the most minutes of the 3.  He's clearly the 1st center of that team.  I don't know by what other metrics you could say he isn't.

Because I believe McGee is more talented, but is just suited in an off the bench role. That McGee will eventually start.

That's just me.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Denver's not going to make a trade unless its a significant upgrade over a rotational player. They certainly don't need more depth

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »

Offline Nowee

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 41
  • Celtic Pride
Funny, I was thinking yesterday of posting a Boston-Denver trade idea, because I talked about this with a co-worker who's a Nuggets fan.

Koufos is starting, so I doubt he's available. McGee would be nice, but the price might be too high for my liking. Faried is a nice player but undersized.

Mozgov seems like the candidate for us. My Nuggets friend said Mozgov is a solid, if unspectacular, player, and that Denver is in desperate need of a corner three-point shooter. I think Courtney Lee would be a good fit there. I know he's struggled this season, but I'm beginning to think that has a lot to do with Doc's system, and that Lee would thrive under George Karl. The following trade works in ESPN's trade machine:

BOS gets: Mozgov and PG Julyan Stone
DEN gets: Lee

We eliminate some of our redundancy at the 2, acquire a huge, somewhat-skilled interior defensive presence, and even get a backup for Rondo, albeit a largely inexperienced one. Not a big trade, but I think it helps us some.
I like this trade!
Dutch Celtics Pride