Author Topic: KG: back to the 5 you go  (Read 9874 times)

Re: KG: back to the 5 you go
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
We really dont have any option than Kevin going back to the 5.
Varnado was a flop signing. Im really disapointed that we didnt sign some other center or heck our old friend Chris Johnson who is also playing in the D-League.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
My was this: that is our best offensive AND defensive lineup.  I know KG at the 5 is not what we want defensively, but it is what we want offensively.

Since Doc moved KG back to the 4, he has struggled on offense.  We need his offense.

Since Doc benched Bass, his productivity has dropped.  He needs consistent minutes because he is a shooter.

Collins cannot be taking minutes away from Bass, Sullinger, or Jeff Green for that matter.

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 02:43:24 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Varnado was a flop signing. Im really disapointed that we didnt sign some other center or heck our old friend Chris Johnson who is also playing in the D-League.
Varnado was a "flop", but you'd rather take... Chris Johnson?! Please, make it stop...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 03:07:39 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
We need KG to play more minutes.

I understand we are saving his energy for the playoffs but it's been the recipe for disaster for us. Everytime he goes to rest, there is a big scramble on defense.

We need him to play 30-35 minutes. It can be brutal, but it's one thing we need to do if we wanna win.

That or find someone who can cover the defensive flaws when he's on the bench.

I predicted as early as preseason , if KG sit on the bench we'll have trouble beating anybody. The team looked terrible with paint defense in the preseason, and fell completely apart when KG sits down.   

Look at the Lakers ,  if KOBE didn't play but 25 minutes ,  they would never win a game.   Kobe has to Play 40 minutes for the Lakers to even be competitive.

IF Pierce and KG are rested and both play  a full quarter under ful energy we can still beat anybody for one QUARTER...problem is there are three more quarters to play....thats why we need young legs (IE COUSINS) who can play as long as you leave him in game.

Seriously lacking in talent for BIGS at the PF /C .  The Paint is just wide open for penetration, nobody rotating with help coverage on guards driving to the rim....no shot blocker ....the front line is a mess .. HELP !!!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:18 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Or fire doc rivers so we get a coach that uses his players effectively

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Seriously lacking in talent for BIGS at the PF /C .  The Paint is just wide open for penetration, nobody rotating with help coverage on guards driving to the rim....no shot blocker ....the front line is a mess .. HELP !!!!!!!!

I'm not going to give the bigs a pass because they haven't played well, but NOBODY looks good if your perimeter defense leaks like a sieve.

Mike 

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 05:47:51 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Jason Collins is probably the worst offensive player in basketball, and he's a poor rebounder and not much of a shotblocker.  His defense is good, but not elite.

In other words, he's a D-League caliber player who shouldn't be seeing anything other than emergency / garbage minutes. 

Sign Chris Anderson and play Sully more.
noone is going to sign chris anderson. he is probably going to jail after convicted.

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 06:17:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Varnado was a "flop", but you'd rather take... Chris Johnson?! Please, make it stop...
I know, I know..
Johnson isnt the best option available out there but compared to Varnado, Chris Johnson actually produced when he was given playing time, something Varnado isnt.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Jason Collins is probably the worst offensive player in basketball, and he's a poor rebounder and not much of a shotblocker.  His defense is good, but not elite.

In other words, he's a D-League caliber player who shouldn't be seeing anything other than emergency / garbage minutes. 

Sign Chris Anderson and play Sully more.
noone is going to sign chris anderson. he is probably going to jail after convicted.

I'm a little rusty on the law, but doesn't somebody have to be arrested and charged before being convicted?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 06:41:16 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I know, I know..
Johnson isnt the best option available out there but compared to Varnado, Chris Johnson actually produced when he was given playing time, something Varnado isnt.
Not sure when you think he was given playing time. He played a total of 32 minutes over 4 games for us with zero results, and promptly washed out of the league after the Pistons and the Hornets gave him cursory looks last season. Are we talking about the same guy?!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:46:36 PM by kozlodoev »
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
KG cannot play the 4, and collins cannot play the 5.

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2013, 12:16:41 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
As far as the data shows, KG at the 5 is our best lineup.

You can have KG at the 5 and full of bench players and we will still outscore our opponents. (See 82games.com)

As far as I am concerned, starting and playing Collins was a move of desperation.

If I was the head coach starting the season, I would have just kept the starting lineup the same until Bradley came back.

This way you would have had Jet get accustomed to running our sets as the 6th man as he was intended to be.

And the only real tinkering you would have had to make was Courtney Lee off the bench.

The rest of the other bench players would "work themselves out".

Sometimes, making changes for the sake of change isn't necessary.

Sometimes, you just have to give it time. Time to grow, time to learn, time to adapt to new situations.

« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2013, 12:25:06 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I saw Paul Flannery tweet something that suggested that the Celtics want Garnett at the 4 for the regular season to help preserve his body.