Author Topic: Would you trade Jeff Green For Kendrick Perkins Now?  (Read 22975 times)

Would you trade Jeff Green For Kendrick Perkins Now?
« on: January 03, 2013, 06:33:07 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
Now that about two years has passed since the trade and both players have not had any major impact on their teams, I'm curious to see how many people would trade Green to get Perkins back.  I think I would. 

I wanted to take a poll, but not sure how do the vote feature.

Re: Would you trade Jeff Green For Kendrick Perkins Now?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:35:36 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Absolutely not. We traded Perkins to fill a more valuable hole in our roster, and since then he's become a shell of who he was while in green.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
No -- Perk wouldn't help this team.

Perk is where he should be. On a title contender as a power based defensive center alongside a quick footed roaming help defender in Ibaka. Leave him be.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:51 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
yup.

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 06:53:50 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Absolutely not. We traded Perkins to fill a more valuable hole in our roster, and since then he's become a shell of who he was while in green.
And it opened a new hole that hasn't been filled yet.  Courtney Lee as the backup 2/3 wouldn't be a hole, at least not nearly as much as Wafer and Pavlovic would have been.  In fact he'd be a huge upgrade over Marquis who was plugging that hole when we were the best team in the league.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:03 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
And it opened a new hole that hasn't been filled yet.  Courtney Lee as the backup 2/3 wouldn't be a hole, at least not nearly as much as Wafer and Pavlovic would have been.  In fact he'd be a huge upgrade over Marquis who was plugging that hole when we were the best team in the league.
Right, but you're not going to fill it with Kendrick Perkins. The hole opened when he got injured, not when he got traded.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd prefer Perk to Green.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:30:45 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
The hole opened when he got injured, not when he got traded.
What's the difference?

And how can you compare KG, Perkins, and Big Baby to KG, Perkins, Wilcox, Bass and Sullinger?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:43:21 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
In a heartbeat

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
No.   Perkins is shot and damaged goods.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 08:13:21 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The hole opened when he got injured, not when he got traded.
What's the difference?

And how can you compare KG, Perkins, and Big Baby to KG, Perkins, Wilcox, Bass and Sullinger?
The difference that the player Perkins has become post-injury is not capable of filling the hole. Catch my drift yet?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 08:19:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

And we traded Perkins after Marquis went down.

Which was what opened up the hole.

The hole at backup SF.

The hole that we traded Perkins to fill.

The hole that was filled by Jeff Green: To be a backup for Paul Pierce. Which we needed. Much more than Perkins.

It was the right trade at the time, and while we do need an upgrade at the center spot now, let's remember that we had Shaq and JO that year, both of whom were projected to return to the floor in good health later in the season--(We've got to keep hindsight out of this when we evalutate that trade)....

Perkins is not the droids we are looking for, and that's even before we get into his salary, and his diminished ability.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 08:25:44 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Honestly? They both stink. They're subtraction by addition at their salaries.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be
No, because Old Perk isn't going to be walking thru that door.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 864
  • GOT IT!!!

And we traded Perkins after Marquis went down.

Which was what opened up the hole.

The hole at backup SF.

The hole that we traded Perkins to fill.

The hole that was filled by Jeff Green: To be a backup for Paul Pierce. Which we needed. Much more than Perkins.

It was the right trade at the time, and while we do need an upgrade at the center spot now, let's remember that we had Shaq and JO that year, both of whom were projected to return to the floor in good health later in the season--(We've got to keep hindsight out of this when we evalutate that trade)....

Perkins is not the droids we are looking for, and that's even before we get into his salary, and his diminished ability.

No hindsight needed when you are counting on two injury prone guys in their late 30's to help you late in the season. It was a huge gamble that backfired.

It's three years later and the C's still haven't replaced Perk's role. There's been a lane to the basket ever sense.