Author Topic: Doc mentioned how C's need a backup pg on WEEI today  (Read 18420 times)

Re: Doc mentioned how C's need a backup pg on WEEI today
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Darko wasn't performing up to his abilities in practice and in regular season action because of personal issues weighing on him. He was released to attend to those personal issues that he says is a sick family member back in Serbia. To date, there have been zero reports of him signing a contract in Europe or in the NBA or even a rumor of such.

He left to attend personal matters and given the lack of news regarding Darko, I gotta think that he is doing just that. Darko didn't leave because of Doc. I find that kind of ridiculous.

Until we can get inside Darko's head, it's all speculation.  Who knows why he left - maybe a combination of reasons, which COULD have been partly Doc, but he took the high road and said nothing.  I'm not putting this all on Doc - the truth is we don't know, and nothing can be discredited...

We don't need to get in Darko's head to know that it is a bit ridiculous to blame the coach for not playing a vet minimum player, who looked terrible and out of shape the short time he did get on the court, during the first few weeks of the season.

Who knows why Darko left...but Doc was under no obligation to play him, and the amount of time he was on the team does not constitute long enough to suggest he wasn't given a "fair chance".

You know how you can tell Darko didn't get a fair shot? When Doc said himself that he had to give up on small ball, that he was pretty much forcing it on the team but that we weren't good enough for it... THEN he started COLLINS, a guy who had played very little minutes b4 that time, into the starting lineup (he wasn't even getting scrub minutes)! Had Doc gone for the change to a more traditional lineup EARLIER, who knows what Darko could have provided... I'm almost certain he would have gotten that nod over Collins. Doc forced "small ball" which pushed Darko out (most of his problem was his mother's health though).

I'm not saying Darko was the answer but to say he got a fair shot or that we don't know if he did or not is just funny. You know by Doc's own words that he wasn't given one. Not only did Doc choose to force small ball he also cares more about practice then actual game play, b/c when Darko did play he performed solidly for us (yes it was only preseason but he was hurt after that)... Doc doesn't take into consideration that some people are just not going to perform well in practice (he was also worried about his family)! If Darko was doing his job on the court and not being a jerk behind the scenes who cares if he slacked some in practice (sure didn't stop JET's performance all these years... now that he HAS to practice hard here and now says he loves it, his play hasn't been the same lol). What's funny is last season when we couldn't practice much at all, we were amazing...

And if Darko had stuck around a couple weeks more, he would have been starting, not Collins.

Docs job is do whats best for the team, not play players on their personal timetables.

Re: Doc mentioned how C's need a backup pg on WEEI today
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2013, 09:08:46 PM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
Darko wasn't performing up to his abilities in practice and in regular season action because of personal issues weighing on him. He was released to attend to those personal issues that he says is a sick family member back in Serbia. To date, there have been zero reports of him signing a contract in Europe or in the NBA or even a rumor of such.

He left to attend personal matters and given the lack of news regarding Darko, I gotta think that he is doing just that. Darko didn't leave because of Doc. I find that kind of ridiculous.

Until we can get inside Darko's head, it's all speculation.  Who knows why he left - maybe a combination of reasons, which COULD have been partly Doc, but he took the high road and said nothing.  I'm not putting this all on Doc - the truth is we don't know, and nothing can be discredited...

We don't need to get in Darko's head to know that it is a bit ridiculous to blame the coach for not playing a vet minimum player, who looked terrible and out of shape the short time he did get on the court, during the first few weeks of the season.

Who knows why Darko left...but Doc was under no obligation to play him, and the amount of time he was on the team does not constitute long enough to suggest he wasn't given a "fair chance".

You know how you can tell Darko didn't get a fair shot? When Doc said himself that he had to give up on small ball, that he was pretty much forcing it on the team but that we weren't good enough for it... THEN he started COLLINS, a guy who had played very little minutes b4 that time, into the starting lineup (he wasn't even getting scrub minutes)! Had Doc gone for the change to a more traditional lineup EARLIER, who knows what Darko could have provided... I'm almost certain he would have gotten that nod over Collins. Doc forced "small ball" which pushed Darko out (most of his problem was his mother's health though).

I'm not saying Darko was the answer but to say he got a fair shot or that we don't know if he did or not is just funny. You know by Doc's own words that he wasn't given one. Not only did Doc choose to force small ball he also cares more about practice then actual game play, b/c when Darko did play he performed solidly for us (yes it was only preseason but he was hurt after that)... Doc doesn't take into consideration that some people are just not going to perform well in practice (he was also worried about his family)! If Darko was doing his job on the court and not being a jerk behind the scenes who cares if he slacked some in practice (sure didn't stop JET's performance all these years... now that he HAS to practice hard here and now says he loves it, his play hasn't been the same lol). What's funny is last season when we couldn't practice much at all, we were amazing...

And if Darko had stuck around a couple weeks more, he would have been starting, not Collins.

Docs job is do whats best for the team, not play players on their personal timetables.

If you're a moderator, I guess that means you're always right at this site.  You win...Darko was a waste and Doc is perfect in all his assessments.