Author Topic: If Danny blows it up...(C's/Lakers)  (Read 8445 times)

Re: If Danny blows it up...(C's/Lakers)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 12:38:37 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Don't know how Kobe and PP will work in the same lineup.  I mean they kind of do the same thing.  PP needs touches to get into the groove.  I don't see him getting any with Kobe.

I think KG and Gasol would be a sweet front court though.  That would be just as scarey as Gasol and Bynum but in a different way.

No way it would ever happen.  Can't see DA trading KG to the LAL...

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 12:42:16 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Tonto's pick is only top 3 protected, tornoto is 12-20. It will likely be a top 10 pick.

Generally you won't get a superstar caliber player at around 10th pick.
Besides, they are challenging for the title with this team. They can't possibly develop a future's potential star in that roster. That's why they are giving next to nothing away for KG. They'd do it.

you lost me when you suggested trading two guys with a foot in retirement for the best big man alive.
I think the Lakers would be the fools not to except that deal.

PG: Nash
SG: Kobe
SF: Pierce
PF: Garnett
C:   Gasol

Thats a veteran laden team that knows what it takes to sacrifice & win! KG & Pierce would inspire Gasol & help Nash get easier assist from great open jumpshooting. I think its a no brainer for the Lakers but tough from a management standpoint for the C's because Dwight may not re-up.

If Kobe isn't getting the best center in the league involved, what makes you think he would try to get PP or KG involved on offense?

When that so-called best center in the league is only reliable with the dunks, I definitely think he'd get KG involved.

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 12:43:35 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
you lost me when you suggested trading two guys with a foot in retirement for the best big man alive.

Thats a veteran laden team that knows what it takes to sacrifice & win! KG & Pierce would inspire Gasol & help Nash get easier assist from great open jumpshooting. I think its a no brainer for the Lakers but tough from a management standpoint for the C's because Dwight may not re-up.

If Kobe isn't getting the best center in the league involved, what makes you think he would try to get PP or KG involved on offense?

When that so-called best center in the league is only reliable with the dunks, I definitely think he'd get KG involved.

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 01:21:21 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How about we get Gasol from LA.  They have just as bad a record as us.

Just need to bend the rule of the CBA

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2013, 03:03:27 AM »

fitzhickey

On bleacher report (ugh) they rate Kobe 12th best playmaker in the league. He should be able to get anyone in the league involved

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 03:37:56 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
A few trades if we are going to blow it up. We have to deal with another contender who wants PP and/or KG to try to put them over the top .

Bos sends: PP, KG
Den sends: Faried or McGee , Gallinari , filler

Bos sends: PP,KG, Barbosa
LAC Sends: Jordan, Bledsoe, Butler

Bos send: KG
okc sends: Perk , Toronto 1st and lamb, filler

They are turrahable turrahable trades

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 03:58:10 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I thin Denver would move McGee and Gallinari for KG and PP.  They've got two other 7 footers on their roster, as well as a rebounding machine in Faried. Evan Fornier is young, but he's already shown that he has an NBA outside game (52%/39% in limited minutes), and seems to be a good athlete.  They can develop him as a cheaper alternative to Gallo. 

Boston gets: McGee, Gallinari, Anthony Randolph, and Jordan Hamilton
Denver gets: KG, Pierce and a pick. 

Denver: Lawson, Iggy, PP, KG, Faried, with Miller, Wilson Chandler, Koufos, Mozgof, Brewer, Fornier.  That team would have a puncher's chance in any playoff series, something
you can't say about the current team.

Boston gets three guys who can run the floor, and a shooter with size in Gallo(who can't hit shots this season 40/23%) and could benefit from a change of scenery.  McGee is a knucklehead, but has a ton of ability and could develop into a Tyson Chandler type with Rondo setting him up near the rim.  Randolph hasn't shown he can be a solid rotation guy, but is a good athlete with size. 

Rondo, AB, Gallinari, Sullinger, McGee, with JT, Lee, Green, Bass and Randolph.  That team would probably battle for an 8th seed, but is young and could develop.  Ainge could move JT for expiring/young asset/pick.

Does Denver do this deal? Gallo failed last playoffs (13 ppg on 13 shots, shooting 38/17%) and hasn't turned it around so far this season.  I could see them selling on Gallo and developing Fornier instead.  Pierce can give them a coulpe years of top SF play, with Chandler in reserve. McGee is in and out of Karl's doghouse, and hasn't started a game this season.

I don't see either KG or PP wanting to play in Denver.   Watching KG and Faried play together would be fun. Ditto PP and Miller, two old schoolers who know how to play.  KG, Faried, PP, Iggy and Miller would be a very good close out line up in close games.     

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:42 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Denver: Lawson, Iggy, PP, KG, Faried, with Miller, Wilson Chandler, Koufos, Mozgof, Brewer, Fornier.  That team would have a puncher's chance in any playoff series, something
you can't say about the current team.

PG: Ty Lawson, Andre Miller
SG: Andre Iguodala, Corey Brewer, Evan Fournier
SF: Paul Pierce, Wilson Chandler
PF: Kevin Garnett, Kenneth Faried
C:  Kosta Koufos, Timofey Mozgov

Yeah, I agree. I think Denver should make that trade. They are going nowhere and that lineup would have a chance at competing for a title. Great trade idea.

I think Denver should keep Jordan Hamilton as well. He is a nice prospect. Gives them someone (a small forward) to take over Pierce's minutes when he leaves. They are already giving up a fair bit in Gallo and McGee. Boston could maybe keep their draft pick in that case.

I think Denver should start Koufos and bring Faried off the bench. Finish with Faried at the four alongside Garnett at the five. A lineup with Wilson Chandler at the four alongside Garnett, Pierce, Iggy and Ty Lawson would be a pretty awesome offensive lineup.

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 04:44:34 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
I don't think Denver will stand much of a chance with that roster in the play-offs. I'd say they are still very thin to trade young players with potential for vets to try to turn on the win-now mode.

From a blow up perspective, it's nice for the Celtics. They are immediately filling the spots that are left open by the departure of veteran stars.

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 06:43:06 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
The Lakers are not trading Dwight Howard for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I got a bridge I will throw in this trade for a few $$$$.